McKenzie: Puljujarvi has requested a trade [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If he’s unhappy with the opportunity in Edmonton, he’ll be miserable in Carolina. It will be a fight to even dress. The Top 6 is covered with Niederreiter, Teravainen, Svechnikov and Dzingel. The door is open for Williams, if he decides to play. Necas needs to play, particularly given Carolina’s PP woes. Foegele just had a strong playoff performance and he may get stuck on the 4th line. Martinook is coming off of a 15 goal season and he appears locked out of the Top 9. There may not be room for McGinn period with Williams.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Unless he vastly improves his overall game, there's probably little chance Brind'Amour would put him on the top line with Aho. Brindy wouldn't even put Svechnikov, who has/had a much better all around game than Jesse, above the 3rd line.

That's your problem to solve. Puljujarvi is yours now. Wallmark will be the Oilers 3rd line Centre.

See ya lol

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The day he signs in the KHL the value becomes negligible. And Oilers leverage against a player that is never going to play for the Oilers... fat nothing.

Negligible is not the same as zero. ;)

Aside from that, I still disagree.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
It's true.

Other fan bases may be OK with that. If a GM in Edmonton tried another player trade downgrade (too many examples to count) like you propose...you would be locking your doors at night.

Well it's not a downgrade though is it?

Player X shows absolutely no signs of progression and doesn't contribute to making the team better.

Player Y is in the exact same situation on another team.

Worst case scenario of a trade: Player Y accomplishes nothing on the new team. You neither "win" or "lose" the trade.

Best case scenario of a trade: Player Y pans out and contributes to making the team better. You "win" the trade.

How Player X does on his new team is completely irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome of the win/lose argument for YOUR team.

Had JP actually been contributing somehow, I would absolutely understand your reasoning and most likely agree with you.

Reactions: YotesFan47

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Well it's not a downgrade though is it?

Player X shows absolutely no signs of progression and doesn't contribute to making the team better.

Player Y is in the exact same situation on another team.

Worst case scenario of a trade: Player Y accomplishes nothing on the new team. You neither "win" or "lose" the trade.

Best case scenario of a trade: Player Y pans out and contributes to making the team better. You "win" the trade.

How Player X does on his new team is completely irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome of the win/lose argument for YOUR team.

Had JP actually been contributing somehow, I would absolutely understand your reasoning and most likely agree with you.

Doesn't matter in Edmonton. They see a fourth overall pick with lots of talent. They don't mind waiting for him to grow up. In Europe, as the press box guy, whatever. How long can he pout for is the logic.

He has oodles of talent. A dump to get rid of him as you propose and then he turns it around?

As I said. They would call you Chia 2.0. They'd chant your firing during the second period as they did him. We all saw what happens when the STH base decides to chant that.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Doesn't matter in Edmonton. They see a fourth overall pick with lots of talent. They don't mind waiting for him to grow up. In Europe, as the press box guy, whatever. How long can he pout for is the logic.

He has oodles of talent. A dump to get rid of him as you propose and then he turns it around?

As I said. They would call you Chia 2.0. They'd chant your firing during the second period as they did him. We all saw what happens when the STH base decides to chant that.

Brief history lesson:
This is what our roster would look like, if only we could exercise a modicum of patience:

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl
Hall - Barzal - Eberle
Khaira - Cogliano - Pitlick (Speed to burn line)
Gagner - Khaira - Kassian
Caggiula

Klefbom - Gustafsson
Nurse - Petry
Davidson - Schultz

Dubnyk
Brossoit

* Feel free to replace Barzal with Chabot, and schuffle the lines*

That is a f***ing INSANELY stacked roster, and we would be looking like cup contenders about now.
Unfortunately, we have this habit of giving up on young players WAY too early.

Last edited:

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
Krider for Caleb and pool party.
No bear and krider dri and mcdavid. Would be so fun to watch.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
ughhhh... this whole situation just makes me feel sick
I really hope Holland has a trick up his sleeve... I think it's only a matter of time before he makes a trade

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Now you are trolling.

I am not. Also calling other people trolls gets bans on this board...

Kucherov >> McD in 18-19. Repeat in 19-20 and the Canadians need to start to look at the actual on ice results.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid is going to make Kucherov his janitor this year. Heard it here first. If Neal even hits his 25 or 30 goal form and McDavid plays 80 pus... your looking at a season for the ages.

50 plus goals

135-140 points

heard it here first.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
I think Neal for Lucic was also a steal. I think it would be best of them just to trade Puljujarvi at this point because I think after the season starts if he holds out for a trade, it will be a case of diminishing returns, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Avs throw a flyer his way.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
McDavid is going to make Kucherov his janitor this year. Heard it here first. If Neal even hits his 25 or 30 goal form and McDavid plays 80 pus... your looking at a season for the ages.

50 plus goals

135-140 points

heard it here first.
Perhaps. Third leading scorer in the NHL behind Matthews and Marner. Totally doable for McDavid. He is the best player in the NHL.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think Neal for Lucic was also a steal. I think it would be best of them just to trade Puljujarvi at this point because I think after the season starts if he holds out for a trade, it will be a case of diminishing returns, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Avs throw a flyer his way.

Lucic doesn't shoot the puck. He has always been reliant on totals such as 14% his entire career and somehow thinks he's gonna score 20 goals on maybe 2 shots a game. Not anymore because his shot has failed him. Unless it comes back there's no bargain to be found here

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Brief history lesson:
This is what our roster would look like, if only we could exercise a modicum of patience:

Hall - Barzal - Eberle
Caggiula

Klefbom - Gustafsson
Nurse - Petry
Davidson - Schultz

Dubnyk
Brossoit

That is a ****ing INSANELY stacked roster, and we would be looking like cup contenders about now.
Barzal wasn't our pick, as bad as that was. Apparently we had Eriksson-Ek and were one if the teams who didn't want Barzal.
Cogliano had to go, he wasn't accepting a bottom six role here. Likely would have crashed and burned. Perry was leaving as UFA if we didn't trade him. Schultz would have busted here, he needed a change up. But yes, we lost far more trades than we have won in recent years. We are very aware of that.

You can also take out the prospects we did not draft. You can rag on every team passing on prospects who turned into stars for busts. Hell, Boston passed on Barzal 3 times in a row and only have Debrusk and a pair of question marks out of it.

Last edited:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Barzal wasn't our pick, as bad as that was. Apparently we had Eriksson-Ek and were one if the teams who didn't want Barzal.
Cogliano had to go, he wasn't accepting a bottom six role here. Likely would have crashed and burned. Perry was leaving as UFA if we didn't trade him. Schultz would have busted here, he needed a change up. But yes, we lost far more trades than we have won in recent years. We are very aware of that.

You can also take out the prospects we did not draft. You can rag on every team passing on prospects who turned into stars for busts. Hell, Boston passed on Barzal 3 times in a row and only have Debrusk and a pair of question marks out of it.
On record we would have taken Chabot.

Cogliano matured as most people tend to do as they get older. Only the Oilers give up on their younger players groomed to become depth/leadership guys.

We set Petry up for UFA on a very stupid and ill advised 1 year contract.

Schultz wouldve been just fine as our #4 or #6. The fact we made him our #1 was on us.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Brief history lesson:

Hall - Barzal - Eberle
Caggiula

Klefbom - Gustafsson
Nurse - Petry
Davidson - Schultz

Dubnyk
Brossoit

That is a ****ing INSANELY stacked roster, and we would be looking like cup contenders about now.
I would be pissed if we had a cloning device and decided to clone kharia instead of McDavid. But maybe thats just me. Also I don't want a 5.5 million 37 point eberle to be honest. The oilers also wanted Gustafsson, he refused to sign with us.

All that being said you're completely right, we need to wait on these guys and stop looking for quick fixes. I'm glad we have waited on Benson instead of giving up on him, I think he will be a top 6- middle 6 guy.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I am not. Also calling other people trolls gets bans on this board...

Kucherov >> McD in 18-19. Repeat in 19-20 and the Canadians need to start to look at the actual on ice results.

Go home. There are just countless interviews by gms, coaches and players saying McDavid is the best in the world.

1 season of Kucherov on a better team is not gonna change that. Put your 1 year sample size away...you're embarrassing yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->