Proposal: Puljujarvi + Gagner for Ristolainen

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
20th best player in the ... 5th? Best league in the world doesnt inspire too much confidence.

At least nobody is laughing at the EDM player development anymore overhere. Can't laugh in the funerals.

EDM will be happy to get any kind of trade value out of Pulju. He could have played pond hockey for 3 years and be a better player.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Would a trade like:

1st (Protected) + Manning ($2.25 Million cap dump, short term) + Gagner ($3.15 Million cap dump, short term) + Puljujarvi do something for you?

TBH, Edmonton doesn't have the horses to make anything happen with Risto. It doesn't make any sense for the Sabres to move him unless a legitimate top 6 forward (RW or C, strong preference for a right shot) is coming back, and Edmonton isn't exactly flush with those. Even then, Risto has started strong under Kruger, and the team has actually been getting scoring from a line that doesn't have Eichel on it. The Sabres are dealing from a position of strength here, and there's no reason for the team to make a move unless there's a clear reason to believe it makes us a better team. So, a real hockey trade.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Puljujarvi + Gagner for Ristolainen

Would :edmonton do Puljujarvi + Gagner for Ristolainen?

Would :sabres do Puljujarvi + Gagner for Ristolainen?

What do YOU think of Puljujarvi + Gagner for Ristolainen?
Lmfao.

Try again...if the Sabres wanted garbage in return, a trade would be done by now.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Justin Danforth couldn't cut it in the AHL (with Rochester)...that says A LOT about Puljujarvi.

Another wasted draft pick by Edmonton.

Says a lot about EDM to turn the the current holder of WJC20 scoring record at 17 into a "Danfort" class player.

Hopefully Pulju can be recovered with some actual coaching.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Sabres fans drastically overrate Risto’s value but he is worth more than the likes of Pulju and Gagner. Risto for all his faults is at least an NHL player.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm legit confused.
How is that even a trade proposal?
I know Risto is a fall cry from what people expected him to turn into but this lack of value proposal is insulting to say the least.
Puljujarvi is playing in Europe because nobody wants to offer anything worth Edmonton's while for him and you're pairing HIM with Gagner, who is playing in the AHL this year.... REEEEEEEEEEALY?

Yeah pretty nasty proposal.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
TBH, Edmonton doesn't have the horses to make anything happen with Risto. It doesn't make any sense for the Sabres to move him unless a legitimate top 6 forward (RW or C, strong preference for a right shot) is coming back, and Edmonton isn't exactly flush with those. Even then, Risto has started strong under Kruger, and the team has actually been getting scoring from a line that doesn't have Eichel on it. The Sabres are dealing from a position of strength here, and there's no reason for the team to make a move unless there's a clear reason to believe it makes us a better team. So, a real hockey trade.

Huh? Edmonton can't acquire a #4 dman thats god awful defensively? Im sure if the Sabres could get RNH, Nurse, Klefbom or Bouchard for him they take it and run. Heck if they got Yamamota or Benson + a pick they would be ecstatic.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I can't imagine any GM being so stupid as to accept this deal for Risto.

Reactions: Ciao

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Well if this isn’t a horrific offer then I don’t know what is. You’d have trouble finding takers for Jesse + Sam for nothing let alone trying to get actual assets. Close this

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
I'd love to see Puljujarvi on the Sabres.

I dont think Sabres trades away Risto to Edmonton without (at least) Nugent-Hopkins going the other way.

I dont think Edmonton will ever consider trading RNH.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gagner and Puuljujarvi combined have at best neutral value. One is a cap dump, the other is not playing into the league after some spotty development over the last few years. High risk, high reward would be a euphemism I will use here.

Ristolainen is still a valuable player.

Am I missing something here?

Reactions: Ciao

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I dont much care for Risto, I’m an Oilers fan, and even I recognize it’s a stinker of an OP tilted heavily in Edmontons favour. Even if Puljujarvi plays well in Liiga, we’d have to sweeten an offer much more especially if we are including a cap dump for Risto (and we’d need to for cap space).

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Wow that's a bad trade. Pulijarvi cant fetch much of anything and Gagner is just a cap dump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->