BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Don't have much faith in either but I'll take poolparty

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’ll keep Juolevi, happily.

For all of his negatives, he was always going to be a bit of a project player. He also lost an entire season of development, so he has a bit more of an “excuse” to be where he is. At 21 years old and being a defenseman, I’m not ready to write him off. He also hasn’t played too bad as a pro posting a 0.6 PPG in the AHL along with continued progress.

He isn’t where I’d hope he’d be as a No. 5 overall pick, but I think there’s more hope for him of being an impact player considering circumstances.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Both are meh. However, JP has looked solid for short stretches in the NHL (personally never felt he got a good shot on the PP or a top 6 skill line, but a convo for another time). Hes also done very well in Finland last season. So atleats JP has a shot at an NHL future and is only not in the NHL because of a hold out (which could signal attitude issues). Whereas, with OJ and his injuries and stalled development, he likely will never make the NHL no matter how good his attitude is

If this trade were made, I wouldnt be upset- JPs time with the Oilers is likely over. But I wouldnt expect OJ to do much, just more AHL fodder for a few years before going back to Finland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad