Value of: Puljujärvi plus Lucic with 1 Mil retained

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
One additional problem with Lucic, as already mentioned here and there, is the protection spot you'll need to use on him during the Seattle expansion draft.
If he's traded the teams don't have to honour his nmc . He just has to want to leave edm enough

Reactions: stanley25

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Pulju + Lucic (1m retained) + 2nd + 3rd

For

Your 1-2 year cap dump for 2.5m or under.

Lucic has a negative value, Poolparty is borderline bust. The picks are a joke. Unless better picks or prospects are included, it’s unlikely any GM would interested.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
Call me crazy, but I think anyone that did make a trade for this, would end up fleecing Edm. Let us not forget the years prior to lucic signing in Edmonton. He was a good player at one point and something makes me wanna believe both lucic and puljujarvi can really get the ball rolling with a different team. I'm a blues fan and i know most other blues fans would highly disagree with this proposal, but I'd be willing to listen on Schwartz based on your offer. Schwartz could be a huge add for you playing next to McDavid as well so i might ask for a little more

Reactions: HairyCanary

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
As of right now the Oilers also have to protect Lucic in the expansion draft, correct?

Unless he waives. Which would be getting him closer to home, without actually having to play in Vancouver, if for some reason he got claimed

A likely bust and a 4th liner with a 5.8 million cap hit until he's like 39 has negative value.

You can’t even get within 5 years of when his contract expires? Really? Or get his caphit correct? Shows how out of touch people are with the Oilers

Reactions: Seachd

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
One additional problem with Lucic, as already mentioned here and there, is the protection spot you'll need to use on him during the Seattle expansion draft.
Not necessarily. Most teams would be taking on the risk of his contract and there would be enough time in between now and then to get a good understanding of whether or not hes worth it. Neal was exposed and taken. Could be a similar situation and if lucic goes to a cap team, that team would more than likely WANT Seattle to take him.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
If he's traded the teams don't have to honour his nmc . He just has to want to leave edm enough

If that’s true that he loses the nmc, he’s not going to agree to any move. He’s got to know he’s destined to the buses of the AHL if he ever leaves the Oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad