Pucks flying out of the net at 500 MPH after goals - league may have finally fixed this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
Unless this is just a coincidence, but I noticed last night in the Leafs game that the mesh netting finally has some give to it, as opposed to it being pulled so tight that it acts like a launching pad for pucks.

Now I am checking out the Penguins highlights and it's the same thing. The pucks are actually staying in the net during goals.

Coincidence, or has anyone else noticed this too? It was getting ridiculous with pucks flying out of the net so fast that you couldn't even tell when a goal was scored half the time. It was so stupid. Glad it's fixed, if it is.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
OK.

giphy.gif

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yes I have noticed and my enjoyment of hockey has gone up in lock step.

Now if we can just get the goal horn turned down one decibel, hockey will be perfect.

Reactions: Oddbob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Game shows better to casuals with less ambiguity as to what happens during the game. This includes goals that actually look like goals. The amount of times a play by play guy can't tell what's going on because of the speed of the puck during games is a lot. You get a lot of comments like "I think he got a piece of that puck! or did he?" Then you watch the replay in slow mo and the puck doesn't even hit the goalie. If NHL could solve that issue too itd be better for the game.

Reactions: SwaggySpungo

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Game shows better to casuals with less ambiguity as to what happens during the game. This includes goals that actually look like goals. The amount of times a play by play guy can't tell what's going on because of the speed of the puck during games is a lot. You get a lot of comments like "I think he got a piece of that puck! or did he?" Then you watch the replay in slow mo and the puck doesn't even hit the goalie. If NHL could solve that issue too itd be better for the game.

They should start playing with a tennis ball instead of puck. Goalie's could use smaller gear and remove the pads.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
As a player myself I love when the puck comes out faster. Don’t go to more loose nets, makes the shot look not as hard lol

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018

Exactly. I've lost count of the number of times the puck has flown out of the net like a rocket after a goal and the play-by-play guy has no clue if it was a goal or not. "Did that go in? The players are celebrating, but we'll have to look t a replay, Johnny." If the guy who is paid to watch and understand hockey has no clue what's happening, how do you expect casual fans to know?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Panthers scored a goal against the Avalanche last night which was called off by the ref stood on the goal line three feet away from the net because it bounced out so quickly.

Reactions: SwaggySpungo

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Have them represent at this year's all stars skills comp for the hardest shot if they can launch at 500mph.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
For me, the biggest problem is when the puck hits the camera and the white bar behind the crossbar is so close to the line that when the puck his either you can never tell the puck went in.

Oh and is chocolate milk really backed by science or is it just that particular brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad