Puck Drop Preview: 2017-18 Arizona Coyotes

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I hope Bolland has "himself" a breakout year. Hopefully his point total will be as scary as the Connauton and Schenn line. I'm shocked the writer doesn't have him penciled in on the second line. :shakehead

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Interesting that Richardson and Schenn are listed as declining.

Richardson's .41ppg as a Coyotes is 10% than his career average. And more like 12% higher than his career average prior to joining the team. He was having the best season of his life before the injury last year, putting up well over half a point per game and establishing himself as a legit third line center.

Schenn has had an extremely disappointing career. I would argue that last season was his most solid, consistent, and effective performance over the course of a full season in the NHL that he's ever had. He spent time on the first and second pair because he frequently was a more dependable presence than either of Murphy or Stone. He's had more favorable minutes as a younger player who had more potential. But as a more finished product he's settled into tougher minutes and is handling them well. The idea that he's less effective because he's putting up fewer points is kind of ridiculous. Hjalmarsson doesn't put up points.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This silly article read as yet another team evaluation based upon newspaper stats and highlights from TSN.

The Coyotes "lost" Johnson to Buffalo in free agency, as if they ever had him in their plans. Keller is a "pure goal scorer". Sure, if all you watch are highlights of his goals. Schenn is on the "decline". Really? I guess the goals column in the stats didn't have an asterisk and a comment "asked to play a defensive game last year."

We really don't need any more superficial team evaluations stating that if the players all perform up to expectations the Coyotes might contest for a wild card slot.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
A preview that mentions Keller, Strome and Bolland but not Fischer isn't worth a comment let alone a thread. Pathetic...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yikes. Tough crowd. I'd say it demonstrated above average understanding of the Coyotes situation as compared to any other out of town article.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yikes. Tough crowd. I'd say it demonstrated above average understanding of the Coyotes situation as compared to any other out of town article.

Considering how often we eat our own around here..... it's been quite civil. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad