Puck Daddy: What If … Terry Pegula owned Sabres in the 1990s? (NHL Alternate History)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ron Francis is one my fav players of all time, It would have been the greatest gift for 12 year old me, Ron Francis in a Sabres uniform (favorite player on favorite team)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The whole Francis thing was true though, Darcy really wanted him when he ended up with Carolina. I remember reading an article when we got bounced from the playoffs the previous year how ownership was going to open the purse strings and we were going to get Francis...:laugh:

And we all know how that turned out, the Sabres continually had a payroll in the low 30 millions and Hasek took up nearly 30% of it. Imagine if we had a Pegula back in the DPE with no cap and Hasek?!? We would have a salary hit like the Rangers except not suck because Regier could draft/trade and Ruff was a good coach back then. Yeah, a Pegula as owner from 97-04 before the salary cap is a guaranteed cup win ainec. We nearly won one with Hasek and a garbage cheap roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad