Puck Daddy - Sharks losers at draft

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Puck Daddy has had us the losers of every TDL and Draft for the past couple of seasons. Hasn't slowed us down so far.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
tumblr_mm7gpeVokp1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

... stahp

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think Sean Leahy seems to strangely defends the Sharks whenever he can.

Marek v Wysh is still a good podcast but I don't read the blog

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Just dumb. I mean has the season started already? Did San Jose HAVE to have a goalie during Draft weekend? For a headline named 'Winners and Losers of the 2015 Draft' there's not a single mention regarding any of San Jose's draft picks!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I like the response as well LS.

I am not sure why there are people who fail to realize that the draft day isn't a trade deadline. The wheeling and dealing is just starting and will continue while teams continue to pursue FA's. Failure or success in the FA signings will result in more trade deals as well.

The draft day should be gauged on the picks that were made by the team. What was the quality of the picks? Did it address the teams future needs? Build on depth in the organization? I think we did all of that in this draft. Plus the kids are 18 years old, no one will know how they end up being atleast 2-3 years down the line.

I am going to watch and see how DW goes about getting us a goalie and top-4 D-man before pre-season. I would be lying if I said that the team is very close to being a playoff team this year. Edmonton has made moves to become a playoff team. Calgary just got better. We are no longer guaranteed to make the playoffs in the West anymore. The moves DW makes between now and the start of the season will really tell us a lot about his expectations this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The best part was then later in the article they mentioned the teams that traded goalies as losers. So, apparently the Sharks are losers for waiting it out and sifting through what's left (likely at a lesser trade value), and the teams that traded goalies are losers.

Guess you can have it both ways.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
we dumped Niemi. no matter what happens we upgraded our Goaltending by default.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Sharks added two top prospects and depth in all positions. They even got a pick for Niemi.
Puck daddy? More like suck daddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad