News Article: Puck Daddy Sens 2016-17 Preview

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Puck Daddy has us making the playoff wildcard spot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/puck-daddys-2016-17-nhl-preview-ottawa-senators-032534219.html

Not much insight, and no mention of Brassard's expected effect on Ryan's production even though he keys on Ryan's goal total as something to watch.

And a couple of odd takes... we did not make a push for Boudreau, and Turris will be left exposed for the expansion draft? Also strange to say playoff exit will be due to shaky goaltending. C'mon...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/puck-daddys-2016-17-nhl-preview-ottawa-senators-032534219.html

Not much insight, and no mention of Brassard's expected effect on Ryan's production even though he keys on Ryan's goal total as something to watch.

And a couple of odd takes... we did not make a push for Boudreau, and Turris will be left exposed for the expansion draft? Also strange to say playoff exit will be due to shaky goaltending. C'mon...

Player Most Likely To Be In Vegas Next Season

Kyle Turris. Dorion has a lot of contracts he has to protect due to the no move clauses. Turris has been an up and down player. He could see himself on the way out because of it.

I would not have picked Turris. I wouldn't say we have a lot of NMC contracts either

Goaltending ... I guess it depends how the season goes. How much we've relied on Anderson and how hard he has had to work to get us in.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Isnt anderson the current active leader in playoff save percentage for goalies with a decent amount of games played?

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Anderson has been nothing but rock solid for the Sens in the post season. So that assessment has no base to it.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
This article reeks of someone who knows very little about the team and didn't bother to do any research. Disappointed – Puck Daddy's quality is usually significantly better than this.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

The Ottawa Scum as well as Boudreau's family making a push for Boudreau must mean the organization did as well! :sarcasm:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Anderson has been nothing but rock solid for the Sens in the post season. So that assessment has no base to it.

He's only been in the first round, mostly. The one time he went to round two Pittsburgh pummeled him. He's solid, he'll definitely keep the Senators in games but questioning his ability to just keep piling on saves into the second, third and finals round is justified until he does it.

He's also getting older, so it's fair to see this as an issue. Goaltending isn't the team's biggest problem though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Player Most Likely To Be In Vegas Next Season

Kyle Turris.
Dorion has a lot of contracts he has to protect due to the no move clauses. Turris has been an up and down player. He could see himself on the way out because of it

The words of someone who has no idea what the **** they are talking about.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Seriously. In what conceivable reality does management leave Turris unprotected? The guy has been fantastic for us and gets better every year.

I guess a major injury qualifies as inconsistency these days?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Seriously... I like Puck Daddy, but that just doesn't make any sense. He'd have to have an awfully unlikely massive regression to even get himself near the list of unprotected players. Like, honestly, all it takes is 1 minute to list the Sens' contracts to see that... this is just stupid.

Edit: It seems this was written by Jen Neale rather than Greg Wyshyshsinisky himself.

Last edited:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
When you think of clearing cap space, it definitely makes sense to start by going after the 1B/2A two-way centre who puts up 60pts/season for $3.5MM.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He's only been in the first round, mostly. The one time he went to round two Pittsburgh pummeled him. He's solid, he'll definitely keep the Senators in games but questioning his ability to just keep piling on saves into the second, third and finals round is justified until he does it.

He's also getting older, so it's fair to see this as an issue. Goaltending isn't the team's biggest problem though.

Pittsburgh pummeled him because they pummeled Ottawa. Our weak team defense matched up well against an undersized, underskilled Montreal team but once they got to Pittsburgh, they had no answer for Crosby and Malkin. That was such a slaughter that even Alfie knew they were done after Game 4. Lehner came in and he didn't fair much better as Pittsburgh was just better than Ottawa in every way.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Lol, extremely embarrassing for a hockey magazine which claims to be reputable.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I assume that they didn't bother to look into Turris' season and just assumed that he was just another 'bad team scorer' whose minutes were being cut as the team got better.

Which is obviously an incredibly stupid take on his season.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On

Really? I find Anderson lets in too many softies. I almost assume he is going to let in the tying goal everytime when we are in the lead late in a game

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Really? I find Anderson lets in too many softies. I almost assume he is going to let in the tying goal everytime when we are in the lead late in a game

Lol, me too. The thing about Anderson is he will let in a weak goal where he looks like he's asleep on a nothing play... then he will make saves which he shouldn't be making and the team normally rallies behind that. It was similar to Lehner too. When he does the latter more than the former idc but sometimes the former match the latter.

I've said this once and I'll say it again, Anderson is a stupendous underdog goalie... but whenever there are expectations(or he is the fav to win), he craps the bed. However, this year I feel it will be different and I support Andy 100%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad