PUBLIC RELATIONS NIGHTMARE FOR THE PLAYERS-NHLPA, will fans ever forgive them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
eye said:
Now, back to reality. I was the best at what I did for the company I worked for years ago. I was part of a union and when we went on strike I got a whole $55 a week. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

But compared to your wages at the time, I am sure your $55 a week was a larger percentage than is $10,000 a month for most hockey players.

For a union comprised of wealthy men as is the NHLPA it only makes sense that they would have a strike fund to help their members meet expenses in a lockout situation, there is nothing sinister or underhanded about this.

As you yourself tell us, eye, your union gave a stipend for your strike. This is not even a strike by the NHLPA but a refusal by the team owners to allow the players to work (for the NHL), even more reason for the union brethern to recieve some sort of compensation.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
the NHL is all but dead ..... even losing bandwagon fans hurts any sport since it is lost revenue ....

They shouild really just fold the league , noone outside of Canada will even notice ...

it is sad watching your favorite sport die for reasons absurd but that is life ...people and things do not last forever !!!

the rinks will be so much more empty than now if/when they do come back...they'll be lucky to be the 8th most popular sport in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad