Speculation: PTO Signing Deadline

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is an actual signing deadline for players on NHL PTO agreements. Somewhere between September 30 - October 2 NHL teams have to submit their 23 man NHL rosters to the league and complete the waiver process to the AHL/ECHL. I believe the PTO players do not necessarily have to be signed before the start of the season but can be signed at anytime (the PTO may have a 30 - day time limit). If PTO's do not have to be signed before Oct 2 then TO could have a couple of roster positions available for claiming waived players from other teams (ala Panik last year).

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Does anyone know if there is an actual signing deadline for players on NHL PTO agreements. Somewhere between September 30 - October 2 NHL teams have to submit their 23 man NHL rosters to the league and complete the waiver process to the AHL/ECHL. I believe the PTO players do not necessarily have to be signed before the start of the season but can be signed at anytime (the PTO may have a 30 - day time limit). If PTO's do not have to be signed before Oct 2 then TO could have a couple of roster positions available for claiming waived players from other teams (ala Panik last year).

PTO's are mainly for insurance purposes during the preseason and try-out process. Once the player stops playing for the team they do not need insurance protection.

After the pre-season they just become an unsugned FA and can be signed anytime. I would think though some may look to overseas for possibilities though, so you couldn't wait too long.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Has GlenX played yet? If so,I haven't noticed him.
Boyes was a bunch of blah last night, too

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boyes was one of our best players last night, and Babcock said that he impressed in the post game interview.

It was Boyes that started OT and set up Gardner for a beautiful goal 16 seconds in.

He was getting better as the game progressed and he was feeling more comfortable with new teammates and system.

Boyes has been the best of the PTO gang so far.

PS. Its being reported that over 100 players are in team camps on PTO's around the league and even more still UFAs and available.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Has GlenX played yet? If so,I haven't noticed him.
Boyes was a bunch of blah last night, too

Boyes was one of our best players last night, and Babcock said that he impressed in the post game interview.

It was Boyes that started OT and set up Gardner for a beautiful goal 16 seconds in.

He was getting better as the game progressed and he was feeling more comfortable with new teammates and system.

Boyes has been the best of the PTO gang so far.

PS. Its being reported that over 100 players are in team camps on PTO's around the league and even more still UFAs and available.

Huh.
Admittedly I didn't watch the whole thing (60% TML, 40% BJs) but he didn't stick out to me. He was good on the fore check and that last goal I guess. I dunno

What about Glencross? I expected him to be the best by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad