Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We absolutely should switch to the black jerseys as our full time homes next year. Its a very unique look in a league where unique can be hard to come by. That jersey is literally the ONLY one in the league that is base black with red trim. And I'm not talking just home jerseys, I'm saying of the 94 uniforms that were worn in the past NHL season, including all uniforms that were worn home, away, alternate, Stadium Series, Throwback, and Winter Classic, it was the only only that is base black with red trim. The only one. When you see a hockey jersey with that black and red combination, you don't even need to see the logo to know its for the Canes.

And I like the jersey itself. That grey shoulder and heathered stripe play very well with the design, and makes the red pop. And the crest, while I do think it probably use something to make it wider (like a roundel backer) for standalone uses (like on official championship merch when we win the Cup again) works in its current form on the slim cut of the new Adidas uniforms. I think we missed the mark a bit with not basing this year's aways on that template, which is a bit of a shame, but if I were the marketing team with the franchise, I think the black jersey is a great basis to move the brand into the next era for the franchise.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If the rumors are true about the senators going retro theyll be another black with red trim team. Not that theres not room or whatever

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you look for cheap jerseys to collect the Sabres ones are going to be getting marked down big time in the next few months because for once the Pegulas have listened to fan outcry and are going back to royal blue (pre 1996 classic Sabres color scheme) this upcoming season. Got an Eichel authentic with 50th Anniversary patch from the team for $80 via the 7/16 Buffalo Day sale.

Interesting looking at the sale that one of the clearance ones available was a laffs Auston Matthews home jersey. Are they changing their jersey next season as well?

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
That's a great decision by the Sabres, the royal blues look fantastic. They and the blues both ought to ditch the dark blue and just embrace the old school brightness. They'd look super similar but it's not like play each other regularly

Reactions: sabremike

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That's a great decision by the Sabres, the royal blues look fantastic. They and the blues both ought to ditch the dark blue and just embrace the old school brightness. They'd look super similar but it's not like play each other regularly
Its not even just about old school brightness anymore.

Embrace the world of 4k streaming abilities, HDR displays, and let everyone be colorful again. I'd love more color vs color matchups, they always look good on the white ice as long as the colors are contrasting enough.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->