GDT: PS6: Coyotes @ Oilers; 6pm (AZ)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My biggest gripe with Tocchet has been this system talk. Do you adjust the sys to fit the players you have or do you try to shoehorn the players to play your system. If Tocchet is incapable of adjusting he won't be coaching long.

I mean, Tippett still has a career... :dunno:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The amount of salt on this board has my Doc telling me I gotta be careful about rising blood pressure and heart disease. My goodness. Haven't even played a regular season game and some players are "trash" already lol. Let's not forget how trash the whole team was last season... during actual games that mattered. Writing off players at this point in the preseason is is being way to hasty and negative, imo.

Us Yotes fans have to deal with enough negative stuff, do we really need to start hating on our own players before the season even starts? If we start out the season like last year.. I'll head on down to the salt mines with ya.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I have never been a fan of Stepan, but I thought he was one of the better forwards. He looked faster than last year.

Didn't see this game. Only read about it, and watched the highligts on Youtube. Still, this doesn't look so bad. I think the Oilers are going in this season underrated, and losing to McDavid is -in lack of better words- acceptable.

Hearing Stepan might have succeeded working on his speed makes me hyped! A not high enough speed has been his only problem. Apart from that, he is a great player. Stepan, faster?

This is gonna' be a ride. A ride. :nod:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The amount of salt on this board has my Doc telling me I gotta be careful about rising blood pressure and heart disease. My goodness. Haven't even played a regular season game and some players are "trash" already lol. Let's not forget how trash the whole team was last season... during actual games that mattered. Writing off players at this point in the preseason is is being way to hasty and negative, imo.

Us Yotes fans have to deal with enough negative stuff, do we really need to start hating on our own players before the season even starts? If we start out the season like last year.. I'll head on down to the salt mines with ya.

This is nothing, really. You shoulda been here in 2014-15...

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Who did? Strome didn't stand out, but he wasn't bad. When players like Richardson and Cousins stand out you know it could be a long season. I expected more from Perlini, Hinostroza,Strome, Crouse and Oesterie. Hammer looked slow.

You expected more from Perlini? So far the opposing fanbase has said he was a force in his games.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

You have a good doctor... I'd stick with him, regardless of how the Coyotes start the season.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
To be fair Strome's linemates in that game were AHL plugs.

That being said, he still has (and will probably always have) big problems getting involved in the play. He just can't get there. Also his stamina seems poor, looked like any chance of him being effective during a shift evaporated after one burst of speed even if it was like 10 seconds into the shift. He's just a really poor athlete in general and that is so visible in his game. It's literally in his genes (evident against Oilers).

He needs fast puck hounding beasts as wingers, or at least one needs to be that. Someone who can get the puck and give it to him (and obviously has some offensive skill too). Like Mark Stone, Brendan Gallagher or Viktor Arvidsson type of player. Hinostroza, Grabner and Panik are the best (only?) options from this roster.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I am not sure he has done anything, for that matter. For a top 3 pick, completely underwhelming. Especially 3 years removed from his draft.

Did I hear correctly on the broadcast last night that Fischer was a second-round pick the same year that McDavid was top pick and Strome was third?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Did I hear correctly on the broadcast last night that Fischer was a second-round pick the same year that McDavid was top pick and Strome was third?
9 of the top 10 players in 2015 draft have played 100+ NHL games, 4 of the top 5 have played 150+ games (3 have played 200 games).

That's why it's difficult to let go of Strome's slow development....and slow development is a best case scenario at this point.

Merkley was also picked in the 1st Rd and has played 1 NHL game.

Fisch was a steal in the 2nd Rd.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Merkley could stay healthy he'd be further ahead than he is. It was a good pick that might not work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad