PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Which system are you going to buy?

• Total voters

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
David Cage is the Tommy Wiseau of videogames...... but without anything as fun to laugh at and unintentionally worthwhile as The Room.

The fact that there are so many people that unironically think his games have good stories is super depressing.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, short of any major shake ups, if the Xbox Series X financing is available in Canada, then I'll pay ~$50 CAD per month for the Xbox Series X + Game Pass and wait until a PS5 exclusive big enough to warrant the up front $599 price tag (probably Ratchet and Clank).

If the financing isn't available, then I'll wait til Ratchet and Clank to buy the PS5, and I'll wait til Halo to buy the Xbox Series X.

I will say, it disturbs me that Sony has STILL not made it clear how they're handling backwards compatibility. I hope they don't think a package of games I've already played is a sufficient alternative to 100% backwards compatibility...

Reactions: GreytWun

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
David Cage is the Tommy Wiseau of videogames...... but without anything as fun to laugh at and unintentionally worthwhile as The Room.

The fact that there are so many people that unironically think his games have good stories is super depressing.
You stop it as well. Let someone be disappointed organically for a change.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My disdain for David Cage overpowers my willingness to go along with your little prank, sorry.
YexWIK2.png

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Feel bad for the people that wanted one and weren’t on the ball right away. Putting them up right away is a little strange. I would have assumed a few days notice.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not liking the look of that Hogwarts game. It looks like one of those fan made games you see once in a while that never get completed. Some nice visual fidelity and effects, but no style at all.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I am pumped for the Hogwarts game. I think it’s gonna be weird not having any characters that we recognize. But besides that it looks really awesome.

Took all my might not to preorder the PS5 yesterday - but I am holding out hope for Halo Infinite. I will go with the Xbox for Halo alone, but I am hoping for more exclusives still.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I am pumped for the Hogwarts game. I think it’s gonna be weird not having any characters that we recognize. But besides that it looks really awesome.

I am by no means a HP superfan so I might be wrong, but couldn't Dumbledore be in it as a kid? I guess it depends on how late in 1800s they're talking about.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Well... Microsoft just fu***** bought Bethesda.

Hope it doesn’t mean they have 100% exclusivity on Fallout and Elder scrolls games

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Hope it doesn’t mean they have 100% exclusivity on Fallout and Elder scrolls games
Usually I would agree with your reaction but honestly, could things get any worse at Bethesda? The last Fallout game was meme tier for its terrible graphics, horrible bugs/glitches, over the top monetization, etc.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

I don't think it will. They're less focused on exclusives these days, I think the main thing for them will be adding those games to Game Pass/xCloud.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Microsoft would be foolish to lock existing Bethesda IP's like Elder Scrolls or Fallout to their ecosystem. These games are system sellers, they'll collect more money just continuing to be multi-platform.

I think you'll see a situation where existing/already announced Bethesda IPs will stay multi platform, and with any new IPs their studios create, Microsoft can choose whether to keep those exclusive or allow them to be multi-platform.

Reactions: Beau Knows

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That’s big news. If I didn’t have a gaming PC this, along with Sony’s nightmare preorder garbage, would make me seriously consider getting the new XBox.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think we will either see Microsoft leverage those massive IPs into Sony allowing some form of Game Pass on Playstation, or we will see them released on Xbox and PC with possibly a Playstation release a year or two after.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

They’ll all be day one on GamePass, so any game they decide to put on Playstation, that’s another $70 that person has to pay that they wouldn’t if they had GP.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Ps5, have a PC to handle the Bethseda buyout for garbage tier games. Will wait till Horizon 2 before making the plunge. I remember buying the PS4 near launch and it was collecting dust for a year waiting for games to come out.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

They’ll all be day one on GamePass, so any game they decide to put on Playstation, that’s another $70 that person has to pay that they wouldn’t if they had GP.

That's why I'm not worried about these established franchises going exclusive to Xbox. It's a win-win for them to keep these games multiplatform.

Microsoft makes money either by people buying into their ecosystem and subscribing to GamePass every month, or they make money from people paying $70 a pop to play on Playstation

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Well dang. Yesterday I was 100% ps5. The thought of future elder scroll games being Xbox exclusive (even though it hasn't likely even been speculated) might make me take the Xbox route.

I didn't get current gen gaming, was the Xbox one as quiet as the PS4? Was things as smooth? The reason I shifted from Xbox to PS years ago was because of the Xbox 360 kept failing and it just being a loud machine.

As a person who skipped the last gen, what's going to be the big differences a casual gamer/ Netflix watcher will experience? I hear ps5 is eliminating loading screens, will that be a thing for everything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad