OT: [PS3] Vancouver Board NHL 13 GM Connected League pt. III ***NEW GMs WELCOME***

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
:nhl

[FIELDSET="ANNOUNCEMENT"]
To All GM's:
******SPOTS OPEN FOR NEW GM'S***
Post in the thread and send join request.

[/FIELDSET]

Welcome to GM Connected for PS3

League Name: HF Boards Vancouver
Description: Vancouver Canucks Fan Forum

PERIOD ADVANCES:
Every Sunday @ 12-6pm; Tuesday @ 8-11pm; and Thursday @ midnight-1am (all times pacific)
Please stay off GM Connected during these times to prevent corruption. Thanks

[FIELDSET="WAITLIST"]
POSITION | HF NAME | PS3 NAME
1st |
2nd |
3rd |
4th |
5th |
6th |
[/FIELDSET]

PM me for any questions. Rules are tentative and are subject to change upon GM consensus.
Preliminary rules set by forum mod Chief Wiggum/Royal Canuck.

[FIELDSET="RULES"]
  • Trades must be somewhat realistic, I'm not gunna make you put the trades through me for confirmation because that's too much work, but try and be as realistic as possible.
  • You will have to play a minimum if 5 games through the regular season.
  • Come playoffs, you must play Game 6 and if necessary Game 7.
  • Play nice.
  • Keep the chirping to a minimum, we're not here to make enemies, we're all friends here.
  • No complaining about glitching, cheating etc.
  • If there are no teams left and you would still like to join, you may ask a GM if they would take you as their Co-GM or their Head Coach or just as a player.
  • If you're inactive for long periods of time without informing me, you will be evicted from the league and your spot will be available right away.
  • All CPU games will be played on All-Star difficulty.
  • If you're going to be away for a long period, please let me know.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ORGANIZERS"]
| TEAM | HF NAME | PS3 NAME | ROLE
:nhl | :canes | canuxx | sandjcrew | Commissioner
[/FIELDSET]​

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
[FIELDSET="TEAMS"]

TEAM | HF NAME | PS3 NAME | Confirmed
:ducks | canuxx | sandjcrew | Yes
:bruins | Samsonov141215 | rk1781 | Yes
:sabres | putridgasbag | PutridGasbag | Yes
:flames | | |
:canes | | |
:hawks | Schneids | Straelofe | Yes
:avs | | | Yes
:cbj | Mason10 | masonsports10 | Yes
:stars | | |
:wings | western redman | beartscheesy | Yes
:edmonton | Aqualung | KingLegal | Yes
:panthers | | |
:kings2 | | |
:wild | Spanky-X- | iSpankyX | Yes
:habs | | |
[/FIELDSET]​
[/QUOTE]

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
[FIELDSET="TEAMS"]

TEAM | HF NAME | PS3 NAME | Season 2
:nashville | Denali | denali_403hp | Yes
:devils | KeslerKrony | MercifulDylan | Yes
:isles | 94eleven | thechaostheorem | Yes
:rangers | Grifter3511 | Rancid420 | Yes
:sens | krack1189 | krack1189 | Yes
:flyers | eldiablo17 | wbanks17 | Yes
:coyotes | | |
:pens | DonutLee | Dount_Man | Yes
:sharks | mmymryj | MMYMS | Yes
:blues | gurj | gurj2012 | Yes
:bolts | | |
:leafs | Lawson624 | pinecone624 | Yes
:nucks | The Finnish MacInnis | J-Bear6 | Yes
:caps | nucksfan8888 | jty18 | Yes
:jets | CCF | graham2r | Yes
[/FIELDSET]​

link to old thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1269439&page=41

The Finnish MacInnis*

A reminder about the Facebook group. 7 teams on there already.

I have set up a Facebook group for the league. I find using a FB group is by far the best way to schedule our games, since most of us have smartphones with FB on them, and don't need to rely on being at the ps3 or the computer to schedule with each other.

I have it set up as a secret group, so no NHL 13 related crap will pollute our friends' newsfeeds.

Because it is set to secret, you will not be able to search for the group. I will need to add you as a friend, and then invite you. Feel free to delete me from your list once you're in the group!

To join, PM me here with the name you use on Facebook, and to make sure I get the right person, a brief description of your profile pic.

It will be "Jay Bear" adding you as a friend.

putridgasbag

Grand Poohba
Oct 18, 2006
Comox Valley
A reminder about the Facebook group. 7 teams on there already.

I have set up a Facebook group for the league. I find using a FB group is by far the best way to schedule our games, since most of us have smartphones with FB on them, and don't need to rely on being at the ps3 or the computer to schedule with each other.

I have it set up as a secret group, so no NHL 13 related crap will pollute our friends' newsfeeds.

Because it is set to secret, you will not be able to search for the group. I will need to add you as a friend, and then invite you. Feel free to delete me from your list once you're in the group!

To join, PM me here with the name you use on Facebook, and to make sure I get the right person, a brief description of your profile pic.

It will be "Jay Bear" adding you as a friend.

Never used facebook and probably never will.

raygunpk

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Feb 5, 2008
TBL is on.

Also, what is the rules on playing vs CPU? Are we flat out not supposed to?

mmymryk

Jun 7, 2011
TBL is on.

Also, what is the rules on playing vs CPU? Are we flat out not supposed to?

As Long as there is no human user for the team you are free to play the CPU. Cbj have also allowed us to play his CPU team.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Advance done...SJ apparently you had a trade go through with Washington that was accepted when they are controlled by a CPU...please offer the trade back to Washington so we can reverse it.

Also, this is the trade deadline sim...do we want to sim as usual on Tuesday or skip to Thursday to allow for trades?

mmymryk

Jun 7, 2011
Advance done...SJ apparently you had a trade go through with Washington that was accepted when they are controlled by a CPU...please offer the trade back to Washington so we can reverse it.

Also, this is the trade deadline sim...do we want to sim as usual on Tuesday or skip to Thursday to allow for trades?

****. Sorry guys. It shows that Washington is a human controlled team on first page. It might not allow the same trade back because I over paid a bit. Ill reverse it, I might need to take less back then I gave.

How many people are active? Can we update the first post to keep it up to date?

Done. I could only get Half the return I initially gave.

And I would personally like to just keep the season rolling as planned

Last edited:

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Just got NHL 13 for PS3. Not amazing, but pretty fun for sure.

Some questions:

1. What's the best way to accumulate experience for your online pro to develop his skills? I've been playing EASHL drop in games a little, but other people are skating circles around me! Help!

2. What's the best way to rack up pucks for HUT? And I'm guessing it's best to save them until you can afford those Gold Jumbo Packs, right?

Wings13

Aug 14, 2007
Any chance you guys would let a Wings fan join your league? haha.

If I'm welcome, I'm not really picky about team but would there be a way to see the current rosters? Never played a GM Connected league before.

Cheers,

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
Carolina will be on for the next few hours if anyone wants to play. And also Semin is on the block, possibly one of the Staals if the price if right. Looking 2nd-3rd line wingers, 3rd line center, and a defensive top 4 defensemen.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Any chance you guys would let a Wings fan join your league? haha.

If I'm welcome, I'm not really picky about team but would there be a way to see the current rosters? Never played a GM Connected league before.

Cheers,

Sure we would be happy to have you. There isn't a way to look at rosters but we are in season one and none of the teams without GMs have done any trades so you would be starting with the same rosters as when the game first came out.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The Isles are in the market for a goalie. Either a #1 or a high potential who could be ready to at least platoon next season. If you have something that could work hit me a PM on here and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad