GDT: PS2 & PS3: Coyotes at Kings, @Staples Center 7:30pm - Kings at Coyotes, @GRA 7pm

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Annnnd L.A ties it up at 3 on a 5 on 3 PP. Coyotes can't stay out of the f***ing box.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Oesterle has an assist on all 3 goals in L.A, btw. He's putting up some nice numbers already.

Wouldn't make too much of one preseason game (well, two), but I'm optimistic about our new guys.

I just sort of realized that our locked in offense guys paired with the sticky guys trying to make an impression, and vice versa. Guys were playing their anticipated roles with decent support. So guys like Strome and Perlini were relied on to create offense while playing with NHL-level sticky players in the bottom six, and the bottom-six guys at home got opportunities while we had lots of NHL players in other roles. Strome didn't get less PP time because of Stepan and Galchenyuk. Hayton got time as a checking forward as they remoced the temptation to use Richardson instead.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Crouse scored with a minute to go, Coyotes hang on for a 4-3 win despite being on the PK all f***ing game.

Coyotes take a 2-0 series lead over the Kings :D

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Back from the game in Glendale. Only lasted two periods since I had to get my boy to bed, anyway, here ya go:

The arena lighting makes the whole place look amazing. So much more clean. That scoreboard is going to be absolutely stunning. Decent crowd, to.

As for the play.

Keller is far an away our best forward. So smooth, so patient. His backhand feed to Hino behind the net was a thing of beauty. He carried the play a majority of the night in the O zone.

Oliver was extremely smooth. The old OEL smooth. Very confident with the puck and so so silky. His set up on Galchenyuks first goal couldnt have been any better. His set up on Galchenyuks 2nd goal he put right in Galchenyuks wheel house. best game (albeit preseason) I have seen him play in a long while.

Galchenyuk. Wow. Theres a reason this kid potted 30. Agressive with the puck and is always in the right place at the right time. Not nearly as slow footed as some made him out to be. He, Keller and Fischer were good together. His one timer release is perfect. His second goal was damn near perfect. You can see how they managed the pp with him. He loads up primary on the short side for that one timer and damn is it beautiful.

Hinostroza is as advertised. I think he's going to be a gem. Creates a lot of chances on the forecheck and is extremely quick. Has good control in traffic and makes the smart play to keep the offensive pressure.

Raanta was just how he finished last season. The first goal was bad. Not bad on Raanta, but bad on Hjarlmarsson and the ref. Hralrmarsson was behind Raanta looking like he pushed the puck up under Raanta but Carter kept whacking and it went in. Weak goal.

All in all I was very surprised to see how these guys played tonight. That first period and Galchenyuks one timer goal showed a lot.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
@RABBIT I don't think a picture is going to do much, but it is noticeably brighter. I took one anyway, I'll upload it later, remind me if I forget. Chucky looks good (my God what a wrister and one timer) , Stroz is fast, Keller and OEL ae are bringing it. Captain Premium has been ok.

Back from the game in Glendale. Only lasted two periods since I had to get my boy to bed, anyway, here ya go:

The arena lighting makes the whole place look amazing. So much more clean. That scoreboard is going to be absolutely stunning. Decent crowd, to.

As for the play.

Keller is far an away our best forward. So smooth, so patient. His backhand feed to Hino behind the net was a thing of beauty. He carried the play a majority of the night in the O zone.

Oliver was extremely smooth. The old OEL smooth. Very confident with the puck and so so silky. His set up on Galchenyuks first goal couldnt have been any better. His set up on Galchenyuks 2nd goal he put right in Galchenyuks wheel house. best game (albeit preseason) I have seen him play in a long while.

Galchenyuk. Wow. Theres a reason this kid potted 30. Agressive with the puck and is always in the right place at the right time. Not nearly as slow footed as some made him out to be. He, Keller and Fischer were good together. His one timer release is perfect. His second goal was damn near perfect. You can see how they managed the pp with him. He loads up primary on the short side for that one timer and damn is it beautiful.

Hinostroza is as advertised. I think he's going to be a gem. Creates a lot of chances on the forecheck and is extremely quick. Has good control in traffic and makes the smart play to keep the offensive pressure.

Raanta was just how he finished last season. The first goal was bad. Not bad on Raanta, but bad on Hjarlmarsson and the ref. Hralrmarsson was behind Raanta looking like he pushed the puck up under Raanta but Carter kept whacking and it went in. Weak goal.

All in all I was very surprised to see how these guys played tonight. That first period and Galchenyuks one timer goal showed a lot.

Thanks to both of you! @SR was a champ and updated me during the game with a high quality pic of the lighting. I know I'm weird for being obsessed with the in-arena lighting but damn, it was long overdue. I like lighting that makes colors pop, not dull mood lighting. Can't wait to see in-person and on the TV. Appreciate you guys.

As far as player analysis goes, thanks for the feedback. I'm psyched to hear about Chuckie, Keller, Hinostroza, and Raant'as performance. According to SR and Biz, OEL had a good game too. Got chippy, I like that. Interesting that Biz thought Hayton made a lot of good plays, but overall showed his age, not the case? @moosemeister

Final thoughts after listening to the home game...do we need someone that can tune these f***ers up? According to Heeter and Biz, Keller got cheapshotted twice, and Fischer and Russo both took their licks as well. I don't want our skilled guys to get shit-rocked every night, but we also don't need another Rinaldo. Interesting situation to be in

Reactions: doaner

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Macdermid was on Keller a few times tonight. Hit him with a solid hockey check in the first, nothing dirty. Keller had some words with him in a laughing manner. Hayton got a few cross checks from I think Etem? We certainly wern't pushed around by any stretch. However if things got out of hand we do not have the man power some other teams have. In fact, Fischer lined a few up this evening, to.

But, I am always one for a goon, always have been. Creates honesty out there. Would have liked Rinaldo back.

Reactions: doaner and RABBIT

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I sat on the side coyotes shot twice

Hayton looked like dog ****
I wouldn't say dogshit, but he didn't do much apart from some solid play on the 5 on 3. He is really young, so I wasn't expecting much, but some flashes of offense would have been nice.

Galchenyuk. Wow. Theres a reason this kid potted 30
I said almost this exact sentence after goal 2. His shot is extremely impressive. For those that didn't see, goal one was a nasty wrist shot top corner, goal 2 was a nasty one timer top corner.

Final thoughts after listening to the home game...do we need someone that can tune these ****ers up? According to Heeter and Biz, Keller got cheapshotted twice, and Fischer and Russo both took their licks as well. I don't want our skilled guys to get ****-rocked every night, but we also don't need another Rinaldo. Interesting situation to be in

I thought the same. For prospect games bring a few goons, ditto for pre season. They seem to have some cheap shot artists ready to gun for what little talent we have at every opportunity. Next year bring a 4th line of goons, and the minute that shit starts go nuclear. What's sad is you could see it building as the game went on and the officials did nothing to stop it. Standard NHL officiating.

Last edited by a moderator:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Gents, I still cant explain how absolutely amazing Kellers feed to hinostroza was. Campbell was sold on Keller going behind the net and as soon as Campbell bit to that side a nice little no look back hander, behind the net, to the opposite side for Hino who buried the open net. Amazing.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
You see what I mean? This team is coming up. :nod:

But nothing happened to Raanta, eh?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Gents, I still cant explain how absolutely amazing Kellers feed to hinostroza was. Campbell was sold on Keller going behind the net and as soon as Campbell bit to that side a nice little no look back hander, behind the net, to the opposite side for Hino who buried the open net. Amazing.

shit man I wish we at least had GIF highlights. Would've been sick to see. I'm imagining Keller taking Hinostroza to a new level of his career, as well as Keller and Chucky chemistry. I love those two additions.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
My thoughts on the game.

Galchenyuk back checked hard, he went to the front of the net. He skated to the corners and engaged in puck battles. His goal where OEL fed him and he cane right down the middle, you just knew it was a goal. That one timer on the PP was just magical.

Keller. My lord. That pass to Hino was amazing. Had the LA goalie looking the other way. Easiest goal Hino will ever score. He Looked great coming through the neutral zone and always had control. Seriously looks like someone is controlling him with a dual shock 4. THAT good.

OEL was poised. Looked silky smooth. Loved it.

Hinostroza. I took my brother and my gf with me, and they both asked who 13 was. He’s lightning quick and always involved with the play. Loved his game.

POJ, fairly impressed with him. Had maybe one iffy play but other than that solid game by him. No glaring weaknesses.

Fasching. Stood out fairly well actually. I didnt even know who he was but he hustled hard. Enjoyed the effort.

Hayton. Ugh. I’m gonna get flack for saying this, but absolute trash. He floated. He ALWAYS seemed to stop moving his feet. He hardly engaged in board battles. Maybe it was the angle I was sitting at, but he’s slow as shit too. Handles the puck like it was a grenade. Not as bad as Russo did in the first period, but was still pretty bad. Got caught out of position a few times as well.

Fischer, Stepan, Panik, JD, Hammer. About the same as last year. Just reliable guys who chipped in when they had to. Fischer seems to be skating harder and heavier on his feet. Maybe it’s just me.

Reactions: MIG and RABBIT

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I know it makes doing right by Strome difficult, but I'd be stoked if Galchenyuk looks good at center. I also really want to see him and Keller on the PP.

Strome won 20% more FO's than GAlchenyuk tonight.

Oh no! What happened?!?!?

The first time it look like he fell awkwardly; twisting up his legs like a pretzel. The second may have been a high stick ti his face. It was hard to tell. He tried to compose himself, then gave his stick to an official and skated off.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The biggest disappointment in the game to me, was when Kempe let up and didn’t run over their goalie.

It all happened in slow motion. Time froze. Birds flapped slowly. Flags waving like a calm ocean wave. Carbonation in beer slowly rising to the top of cups.

There he was, approaching the blue paint. Only thing faster than him at that point in time was my heartbeat racing, anticipating the first of many goalie collisions by 29.

And he f***ing stopped

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Premium dog ****

Coyotes in L.A keep taking penalties. Basically the whole game has been a test for the PK, yet somehow they're winning.. for now.

You are talking about a 18 year old in his second game with the big dogs.

He killed 6:40 of penalties, including the 5 on 3 (where he stripped Toffoli) Without a goal against.

He won 50% of faceoffs.

He moved the puck well.

He’s pretty tough -took a pretty good cross check to the neck or face and didn’t miss a shift.

Outside of needing to add a bit of offence, I think he had a really strong night. Mature game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad