GDT: PS2 & PS3: Coyotes at Kings, @Staples Center 7:30pm - Kings at Coyotes, @GRA 7pm

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yotes website showing radio only for the game at GRA (ESPN 620AM) but no gaurantees.

Yotes rosters should be available soon.

Notes from Jon Rosen (LAKings Insider) on potential Kings rosters.

–The preseason is upon us! The LA Kings and Arizona Coyotes will play a pair of split-squad games at Staples Center and Gila River Arena on Tuesday. The full lineups aren’t yet available, but there were plenty of hints dropped in today’s practice sessions. The Los Angeles game group is expected to be today’s first group and should contain a contingent of players that includes Anze Kopitar, Ilya Kovalchuk, Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty, Adrian Kempe and Jonathan Quick. Jaret Anderson-Dolan was in this group. It’s expected that today’s second group will be those traveling to Glendale, Arizona, and will feature the likes of Jeff Carter, Tanner Pearson, Tyler Toffoli, Dion Phaneuf, Paul LaDue, Oscar Fantenberg, Kale Clague, Jack Campbell and Peter Budaj. Asked to confirm this, John Stevens let out a sly smile. “I’m not sure,” he responded.

Coyotes donated 10,000 tickets to Youth Hockey/Community Groups for tonight's game.

Coyotes to Hold Youth Hockey/Community Night on Sept. 18 vs. Kings

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Man, hopefully all 10,000 of those tickets are being used.

My favorite game of the year is when they have the choirs singing near Christmas. The kids singing and screaming as loud as they can gives that building energy that we don't feel most of the year.

Reactions: Jmmack

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
image0.jpg

Holy shit that away roster is brutal.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The way that roster is broken down, looks like a challenge from Tocchet to those away team guys to step up and show the team what they have. Basing that on his interview after the Vegas game with some of the comments he made. Probably looking to see who rises to the occasion. Perhaps? lol.

Or maybe not. Idk!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
image0.jpg

Holy **** that away roster is brutal.

I can't help noticing Schnarr is listed out of order on the away-roster. Someone got sick or something? With the exception of the goalies, he is the only one, so as a typical conspiracy minded person (OK. Not to much. :naughty:) I think it means something.

On another note, is there any updates of the kind "this player is sent to his OHL-team" anywhere?

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some thoughts from Toch on last game:

Tocchet singled out the strong performances of Lyubushkin (11 hits, three penalties) and Oesterle (one goal) in a loss to the Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday in Nevada. Lyubushkin is the only legitimate candidate the Coyotes have to replace the physical game lost when Luke Schenn departed in free agency.

“There’s parts of his game that he wants to learn and improve on but there’s parts of his game that I really like,” Tocchet said. “He did a nice job of stopping some cycles. He cleared the front of the net. “I think that with his foot speed, he plays the right way with surfing and gapping up. He’ll be fine. His hockey IQ is good. He’s got to be careful with the penalties but I didn’t think they were egregious penalties.”

3 things to watch in Coyotes vs. Kings in addition to a...

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^^I figured he meant 'Ullstrom' there, but googled 'David Ullmer' anyway, and the images shown are kind of funny, in a "which of these might be an NHLer?" way...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad