GDT: PS Game #7| NY Rangers at FLYERS |Tue., Sep. 30, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jones does look like a viable 4th line forward, and he can play RW if they want to keep PEB at center.

I would also think about switching Akeson and Umberger and see if Akeson can set Vinny up for some open shots.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
I will be in minority here, but I have not been impressed with Akeson this preseason (yes, I am aware that it's only a preseason). I feel that he is not a top 6 forward yet, and he does not fit the fourth line well. I feel that Peb-jones- Zach line would be much more solid. I am not big zach fan, but I resigned to the fact that he is going to be on this team.

I haven't been impressed with Rinaldo. Akeson has created space and made plays.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I haven't been impressed with Rinaldo. Akeson has created space and made plays.
I understand, but the organization seems to be committed to Zach.
Yes, Akeson has had flashes of play making, but overall play is not impressive. Placing him on vinny's wing may improve that line's ofence, but that would be a defensively problematic line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Rinaldo did set up Akeson's goal with a perfect pass on Monday, and has looked pretty good general. Apart from knocking the guy into Mason.

[NHL]2014010067-279-h[/NHL]

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
caught part of the third period of last nights game...

did I see./hear that you guys have a goalie who is 6'8"??

Name? playing this year? or just a kid?

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014

Anthony Stolarz (2012 2nd round pick) is 6'6''

He'll be in the AHL this year

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Jones does look like a viable 4th line forward, and he can play RW if they want to keep PEB at center.

I would also think about switching Akeson and Umberger and see if Akeson can set Vinny up for some open shots.

I think you need to keep Umberger with vinny simply because of his two way play and speed.

vinny had a rough time getting pinned in his own zone last year and having raffl and umberger able to skate it out of the zone will be huge for him.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

I think you're probably thinking of the Rangers goalie that they had replace Talbot in the 3rd. They mentioned he was 6'8".

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think you're probably thinking of the Rangers goalie that they had replace Talbot in the 3rd. They mentioned he was 6'8".

Jason Missiaen. Most likely a career minor leaguer but played a decent game last night

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
thanks for the info guys. Yall aight... (a bit misguided as far as hockey, but aight...)

:)

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Ranger fan coming in peace. What is the consensus on Morin? From what I saw it seems like he has a bomb of a shot.

Great handle, BTW. Morin is going to be a very good player when he gets his full coordination and strength. Already a plus skater, big shot, passer. Has good hockey sense, wants to be in the play, and a has a vicious mean streak.

Needs to work on footwork, stickhandling and D coverage, but a lot of that will come with time. He's grown so much the last few years, he's still getting his coordination. Already looks like he could play in the league respectably, but after another year of Jr and a year in the AHL, he will be a mainstay in our top 4 for years to come.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Ranger fan coming in peace. What is the consensus on Morin? From what I saw it seems like he has a bomb of a shot.

He broke the glass with a slapper at Prospect Camp this summer. Has put the puck on net with quick shots from the point a bunch this preseason.

My thoughts on him: He handles in close plays pretty well and wins a lot of board battles mostly due to his reach and strength... when he is aggressive he is at his best. In the same breath though he still needs to work on playing a nasty game but not taking stupid penalties.

IMO He and Ghost have consistently looked like the best D-men on the team not named Streit this preseason.

Sanheim, Ghost and Morin have everyone around here pretty pumped on the future of our D.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

Super raw. Has all the tools you want in a player - 6'8", great speed, good IQ - just needs to put it all together. He has issues with his footwork, and handling small player in tight still. A lot think he has some untapped offensive potential as well.

Having said that, he looks much more refined this year than he did at last year's camp. The coaching staff apparently love him, because he's all ears and has a killer work ethic. It shows. Maybe one more year in juniors to work out the kinks in his game, and I think he'll jump right to the NHL.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Morin looked like he gained some speed in his first few steps which is really promising. Like any young defenseman, he needs to learn to stop making plays in front of his goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad