BRUINS GDT PS Game 5 7:07 PM - It's the Devils - NESNPlus, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Wonder what the lines are gonna look like this time around

I hope there's good news on Krejci. This team does not need to start the season with a center hurt. Especially Bergy or Krejci

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
As a kid I was always waiting for the day when Bugs Bunny was either shot and/or eaten. Possibly that's a bit disturbed, but admit it, you know the smarmy rabbit had it coming!

Per Cassidy, I believe the plan is to mostly play the kids and guys on the bubble against the Devils and get a last look at them, and then largely finalise the roster and take to the ice against Chicago with the team and lines we'll start the season with, pending the fitness of Nordy, Krejci etc.

So for this one I'm expecting to see Lauko, Frederic, Zboril and Vaak again, and perhaps the likes of Steen, Studnicka and Senyshyn. I'd think Bjork will be a definite starter. Cehlarik didn't even skate in the Tuesday practice, unless I've missed something, so he's either had a personal matter to attend to or he might be heading southwards already.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
As a kid I was always waiting for the day when Bugs Bunny was either shot and/or eaten. Possibly that's a bit disturbed, but admit it, you know the smarmy rabbit had it coming!

Per Cassidy, I believe the plan is to mostly play the kids and guys on the bubble against the Devils and get a last look at them, and then largely finalise the roster and take to the ice against Chicago with the team and lines we'll start the season with, pending the fitness of Nordy, Krejci etc.

So for this one I'm expecting to see Lauko, Frederic, Zboril and Vaak again, and perhaps the likes of Steen, Studnicka and Senyshyn. I'd think Bjork will be a definite starter. Cehlarik didn't even skate in the Tuesday practice, unless I've missed something, so he's either had a personal matter to attend to or he might be heading southwards already.

Hey! That smarmy rabbit is my favorite cartoon character!!! And he freely admits to being "a little stinker" :laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Looks like the NHL Network is showing this tonight at 12:30 am CDT, and it is an 1,5 hour truncated version. I mean WTF guys? I had to watch the 1 hour version of the last game vs. Blackhawks.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No Cehlarik.

EDIT: looks like he's injured

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m sure this is a very simple answer, but why is it that the preseason involves matching up against the same few teams over and over? I could sort of see it if it was within the division, but I feel like we’ve been facing off against the Devils and Flyers every other night for weeks. And I know this is pretty normal at least for modern day preseasons.

I’m guessing the answer is logistics of some sort, but just wanted to see if anyone had a straight answer.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’m sure this is a very simple answer, but why is it that the preseason involves matching up against the same few teams over and over? I could sort of see it if it was within the division, but I feel like we’ve been facing off against the Devils and Flyers every other night for weeks. And I know this is pretty normal at least for modern day preseasons.

I’m guessing the answer is logistics of some sort, but just wanted to see if anyone had a straight answer.

I would not want to be sending people up and down to Providence while playing Calgary and Anaheim.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Do teams play division opponents during the preseason? Wondering if it's a travel thing with the next closest division? NJD/PHI are pretty close and not in the Bruins division.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Do teams play division opponents during the preseason? Wondering if it's a travel thing with the next closest division? NJD/PHI are pretty close and not in the Bruins division.

I assume it is definitely a location thing.

That being said, wouldn’t an organization want to test their prospects against multiple teams/coaching styles to get a real evaluation? I know the rosters do shift from game to game but still...

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I would not want to be sending people up and down to Providence while playing Calgary and Anaheim.

Well that makes sense.

I’m just surprised there are not more divisional matchups...say against Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo etc.

Here’s a question: do organizations avoid rivalry matchups in the preseason so as to lessen the chance of injury? Very well could be a completely bogus theory.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Last chance for the kids to show something. I would love for a few of them to really show something special tonight. Hope Bjork can do it. I'm also interested to see Steen on RW because hopefully he will steal a spot there late in the season.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well that makes sense.

I’m just surprised there are not more divisional matchups...say against Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo etc.

Here’s a question: do organizations avoid rivalry matchups in the preseason so as to lessen the chance of injury? Very well could be a completely bogus theory.

That makes a lot of sense, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->