GDT: PS #7 | "Proof" | Battle of Alberta | 7:00PM | Saddledome | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Ah too bad Bear couldn't connect on that one timer. Nice to see a d-man who has good offensive zone positioning waiting for the one timer. He was moving with the open space the Flames were giving him just waiting for Drai to find him. Rolling puck, what are you gonna do...glad he went for it though and didn't try to settle it down.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Bear has made this team if Tippett sends him down and keeps any of Benning/Manning in the line up it'll be a poor precursor to whats to come.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Tough decisions after tonight, haas and Nygard looked good, bear and lagesson looked good.

I think benning's tenure is over as an oiler
I think Benning will be stapled to the top 6 D for the next 20 years. Why? no idea...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bear has made this team if Tippett sends him down and keeps any of Benning/Manning in the line up it'll be a poor precursor to whats to come.

I get that most people hate Benning but he actually was just fine in this game.
Not even close to the worst dman out there.

North

Jun 25, 2009
What goal posts, if you dont take all the analytics into account, you come up with a skewed view of whats actually is happening

Another ironic post from you.

You were using specific stats to frame your argument. When it was pointed out other stats contradicted your POV you started asking for more and more to try to sell the story you want.

Reactions: TB12

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I wonder how many people are butthurt about Nurse's whiff on the one timer earlier in the period, but won't even think twice about Bear whiffing with the extra attacker there.

Thought it was a pretty damn good, hard working performance by a team with most of their top 6 out, their top d-man out, and Draisaitl playing junior hockey out there.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse and Larss sposed to be our tough comps d-men. Lo and behold the Oilers lack of actual top pairing talent burns us again. This team ain't going nowhere as usual without an adequate defence.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
There was literally nothing to cheer for in this game. Well, Jurko and Haas played well. Everybody else was utter crap.

What a listless Oilers performance.

lmao that on the same day the Oilers cut Burdasov, a goal scorer, they take 55mins to score a goal in this one.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Your dislike of nurse has only a little to do with fancy numbers

I didnt mention anything about Nurse. Said Benning has looked good tonight, which he did. Whole game he was making good passes and had the puck moving up the ice. He's fine on the 3rd pairing.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I never do. He hasn't done a ****ing thing all preseason.

So many pretenders making this team.

What an abysmal performance tonight.

Can we just get rid of Larsson?

Yeah... he really doesn't have much time left to turn it on before I lose hope.

I've been patient the last couple years and trying not to write him off, even defending him most nights, but if his season is anything like pre season, we're in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->