GDT: PS #6 - 9/27/13 | New York Rangers vs Los Angeles Kings | 10:30 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Lets see if that "Clean Slate" motto brought in AV is blabla BS or for real... cus if its for real, Chris Kreider is going to Hartford, Powe and Pyatt would be off this team, Boyle and D. Moore would be fighting for 14th forward etc. etc. And Jesus Christ, Richards with exactly 1 good pass the entire pre-season... don't know what he prepared for this summer, sure wasn't hockey by the looks of it so far.

Probably blabla BS cus of the contracts.

It'll be 4:30am here when the game starts, they better show up unlike in Vancouver...

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
It'll be 4:30am here when the game starts, they better show up unlike in Vancouver...

Did you watch the game last night? They out shot Vancouver 41-20. The first goal Lundqvist had 2 guys fall on top of him. 2nd goal Hank has to have that was all on him. 3rd goal Sedin wide open in front to cash in on a rebound because McDonagh was way out of position. Goals 4 and 5 were ridiculous deflections.

Canucks simply did not make mistakes and Luongo was on his game. Losing 5-0 looks bad but in no way did the Canucks deserve that scoreline.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Lets see if that "Clean Slate" motto brought in AV is blabla BS or for real... cus if its for real, Chris Kreider is going to Hartford, Powe and Pyatt would be off this team, Boyle and D. Moore would be fighting for 14th forward etc. etc. And Jesus Christ, Richards with exactly 1 good pass the entire pre-season... don't know what he prepared for this summer, sure wasn't hockey by the looks of it so far.

Probably blabla BS cus of the contracts.

I thought Pyatt was one of our better bottom 6 forwards last night. I don't mind Pyatt so long as he gets to the dirty spots. He may not use his size in a confrontational physical way, but he does maneuver to net front areas better than most of our guys. I think he would benefit a tremendous amount by improving on his net front... skills as far as scoring goals or distributing pucks is concerned (as opposed to whacking).

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Did you watch the game last night? They out shot Vancouver 41-20. The first goal Lundqvist had 2 guys fall on top of him. 2nd goal Hank has to have that was all on him. 3rd goal Sedin wide open in front to cash in on a rebound because McDonagh was way out of position. Goals 4 and 5 were ridiculous deflections.

Canucks simply did not make mistakes and Luongo was on his game. Losing 5-0 looks bad but in no way did the Canucks deserve that scoreline.

I'm sick of seeing an effort, but nothing to show for it. Yes, I saw the game and they were all over the Vancouver at the beginning. But those Mickey Mouse wristers from the blue line, you don't need a Luongo to stop these... how many were there? 6? 8? 10? If not more of weak shots Semi-Pro goalies could stop (no disrespect to Luongo).

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
true but what I don't get is when the season starts its Stepan, Brassard,Richards, Moore up the pipe right? So why is Boyle not on the wing?

If Boyle does not produce points and his value is as a defensive faceoff center than what value does he bring on the wing? Would we be better off with JT Miller playing a 3rd line wing?

16 To Stanley*

Or Richards to Hartford... oh, wait, he doesn't have to earn a roster spot lol :laugh:

Richards has been fairly good. As has Pyatt. And i don't really like either of them.

The only guys that have really impressed me have been

Zucc
J. Moore
M. Staal
Asham

Other than that, everyone has played relatively at or below the level expected of them.

I think a lot of it has to do with A) lots of open roster sports due to Hags and Cally being out and B) learning a new coach(es) and a new system(s).

No offense, but if anyone on these boards thinks a team should come together after a huge change like the Rangers are looking to implement this season, then you likely haven't played sports at any sort of competative level or you don't understand the concepts of a learning curve.

The team has a ton of talent and lot of it is young guys looking to crack the lineup.

Things take time to develop. Rome wasn't built in a day.

16 To Stanley*

Sorry, my post might have been confusing. The reason i mentioned the open roster spots is because with AV trying to fill those gaps, he has been rolling different lines and fairly extreme different lineups each night.

IN a sport where chemistry is so important, arguably the most of all sports, it really is necessary for guys to go out there with NHL talent equal or close to theres each night.

Putting Pyatt on a line with Nash and Kreider on a line with Asham is not doing anyone favors.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Sorry, my post might have been confusing. The reason i mentioned the open roster spots is because with AV trying to fill those gaps, he has been rolling different lines and fairly extreme different lineups each night.

IN a sport where chemistry is so important, arguably the most of all sports, it really is necessary for guys to go out there with NHL talent equal or close to theres each night.

Putting Pyatt on a line with Nash and Kreider on a line with Asham is not doing anyone favors.

Thank god you cleared that up, I don't know how i would have been able to sleep tonight thinking on your meaning less post.:sarcasm:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Man, staying up and past 8:30PM to watch hockey on the west coast is such a pain! :sarcasm:

You Europeans have it easy.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Well, tonight we get to watch a talented hockey team with a good coach and GM. Too bad it won't be the Rangers.

Last edited:

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
This west coast swing is killing me. I really wanna watch but I can't afford to not sleep. 11:30 starts for me, I'm sleeping by then haha

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
If tonight turns into another ****** waste of a game Im going to drink heavily and wander into the Devils board and rank on how Kovy cost them all them players picks $$$ and finally their ownership.... because sadly....that might be all we got.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Uh oh...

Preseason: Rangers and Kings 10:30PM
September 27th, 2013 8:00 pm
8:42PM: From the Rangers twitter account, Alain Vigneault said:

Darroll Powe has played really well
3 or 4 players are fighting for two spots and some roster decisions will be based upon the salary cap ramifications
Final cuts will be made on Sunday, according to Steve Zipay
Brad Richards, Brian Boyle or Derick Brassard could be moved to wing based on the depth at forward
8PM: The Rangers close out the preseason tonight in Las Vegas against the LA Kings at 10:30PM

Benoit Pouliot, Brad Richards, Rick Nash
Chris Kreider, Brian Boyle, Jesper Fast
JT Miller, Oscar Lindberg, Marek Hrivik
Brandon Mashinter, Darroll Powe, Arron Asham
Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bickel, John Moore, Anton Stralman, Justin Falk and Conor Allen.

Henrik Lundqvist will start in goal.

So, we're stuck with Powe.... :rant:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Uh oh...

So, we're stuck with Powe.... :rant:

lol, maybe but he may be cut because of the cap too. Regardless I'd be surprised if hes in the lineup opening night. Spare sure but not top 12.

Just count the locks........Richards, Stepan, Brassard Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Pouliott, Nash, Pyatt, Dorsett.........that's 10 and 2 of the kids that make it play so lets say its Miller and Kreider..............Powe is a spare. OR Asham OR Mashinter..................Fast could make it ahead of Kreider but Lindberg as a C is down for sure.

gonna guess all of Powe, Asham and Bickel are waived though then they have the option to send guys down within 30 days I believe

Last edited:

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Looks like Powe and Pyatt are on the team. I am betting that Kreider goes to Hartford and JT Miller stays. Bickel probably stays because nobody else can fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->