GDT: PS #6 - 9/27/13 | New York Rangers vs Los Angeles Kings | 10:30 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Personally I would much rather see Boyle-Lindberg-Hrivik and Kreider-Miller-Fast.

Don't know why Boyle has not been shifted to wing yet? Stepan, Brassard, and Richards (based on how AV has used him) have the C spots apparently on lockdown. I guess the debate is Boyle/Moore for 4c, which is why both have been played exclusively at C? Also Miller is fighting for a wing spot so they want him playing wing? I guess it makes sense if you reason it out.

The C situation also indicates that Lindberg appears to be a goner unless he forces management to play Richards/Brassard at wing. I would keep Lindberg and shift Richards, but it really doesn't look to be in the cards. Similarly as I touched on earlier it means Miller has to fight for a wing spot (vs C); if he has another good game that likely punches Kreider's ticket to Hartford unless Kreider beats out Fast by a large margin and Miller shifts to RW.

Just thinking out loud here...

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...-14-schedule/note-tonights-lineup-against-la/

is:

-Benoit Pouliot, Brad Richards, Rick Nash
-Chris Kreider, Brian Boyle, Jesper Fast
-JT Miller, Oscar Lindberg, Marek Hrivik
-Brandon Mashinter, Darroll Powe, Arron Asham

Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bickel, John Moore, Anton Stralman, Justin Falk and Conor Allen.

id switch Allen and Bickel and put Bickel on the 3rd pair..... no reason Bickel needs to play with Del Zotto. that spells disaster

STU BICKEL BETTER NOT BE ON THE 1ST DEFENSE PAIRING...

Argh. Boyle is a GREAT bottom six LW on both sides of the puck. He is an AWFUL offensive center.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...-14-schedule/note-tonights-lineup-against-la/

is:

-Chris Kreider, Brian Boyle, Jesper Fast
-JT Miller, Oscar Lindberg, Marek Hrivik
-Brandon Mashinter, Darroll Powe, Arron Asham

Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bickel, John Moore, Anton Stralman, Justin Falk and Conor Allen.

id switch Allen and Bickel and put Bickel on the 3rd pair..... no reason Bickel needs to play with Del Zotto. that spells disaster

STU BICKEL BETTER NOT BE ON THE 1ST DEFENSE PAIRING...

I wont totally mind this lineup if Miller and Boyle are switched.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
God. Why is Boyle our 2C, ahead of Lindberg and paired with a desperate Kreider? Does AV want Kreider to work on board play and physically retrieve pucks from the outside? Boyle has literally has no ability to accept a hard pass or shift directions without digging a 8 inch hole into the ice surface nor can he carrel and shoot the puck in one motion or battle for a puck without falling down and being behind on the play. The reasons why he was good on the PK will start to vanish because this PK under Ulfie will be more about reads, pressuring pucks, and making smart plays against individual opposition players, all things Boyle can't do.

Punxrocknyc19*

God. Why is Boyle our 2C, ahead of Lindberg and paired with a desperate Kreider? Does AV want Kreider to work on board play and physically retrieve pucks from the outside? Boyle has literally has no ability to accept a hard pass or shift directions without digging a 8 inch hole into the ice surface nor can he carrel and shoot the puck in one motion or battle for a puck without falling down and being behind on the play. The reasons why he was good on the PK will start to vanish because this PK under Ulfie will be more about reads, pressuring pucks, and making smart plays against individual opposition players, all things Boyle can't do.

like i said if he was not as big as he is, he would still be in the AHL.... too bad he cant go to the AHL on a conditioning stint. maybe it can help him get his game back.. i cant wait till he is traded.. remember he will be an UFA in the summer of 2014. i can see Sather keeping him and letting him go for nothing like other UFA like Prust Mitchell, etc :help:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
With these guys sitting out: D. Moore, T. Pyatt, D Brassard, D Stepan, M Zuccarello
and these guys injured: Hagelin, Callahan, I would have liked to see these lines:

-Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Brian Boyle
-Marek Hrivik, Oscar Lindberg, Jesper Fast
-Brandon Mashinter, Darroll Powe (SHOWCASE!!), Arron Asham

A real lot of NHL fwds not on the ice tonight. I think only one young guy makes the team, probably including Miller and Kreider. Everybody not on the ice tonight is a lock it would seem

Bardof425*

Argh. Boyle is a GREAT bottom six LW on both sides of the puck. He is an AWFUL offensive center.

Both sides of the puck? He is an awful offensive player no matter where you put him. If he's not going to take draws you diminish his value big time. He's a 4th line center; penalty killer period. Any place else he is used is not worth the 1.7M he is making.

Bardof425*

A man after my own heart. Great post. BB should have been dealt while other teams saw value in him. Cause I don't see much.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
In case you guys couldn't tell, those bottom 3 lines are mostly last-chance cafe. With the exception of Boyle, all of those guys are fighting for a roster spot.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
In case you guys couldn't tell, those bottom 3 lines are mostly last-chance cafe. With the exception of Boyle, all of those guys are fighting for a roster spot.

Boyle may be fighting as well. Or fighting for an opportunity to be traded. That's always a possibility if they like the young players.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Both sides of the puck? He is an awful offensive player no matter where you put him. If he's not going to take draws you diminish his value big time. He's a 4th line center; penalty killer period. Any place else he is used is not worth the 1.7M he is making.

On offense, he's excellent going into the corners and in front of the net, both places where he uses his size extremely effectively. Is he fast enough or skilled enough to keep up in that role in the top 6, no. But on the bottom 6, yes.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I thought Boyle has at the very least looked good on the PK. If he plays the 4th line, where he should be, then he is a valuable asset to the roster. Big IF though.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I thought Boyle has at the very least looked good on the PK. If he plays the 4th line, where he should be, then he is a valuable asset to the roster. Big IF though.

With Moore there already, not sure the need for Boyle. Although with Pouliot, not sure I see the reason to have Pyatt as well. Lot's of redundancy all over the place. Powe and Moore. Asham and Dorsett (both RWers).

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

He had 2 goals last season. How can you call that awful? Admittedly 1 of the 2 goals was in to an empty net with 1 second left in the game but what about the other goal??? That was not awful.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
i cant wait for Nolan, Carcillo and Clifford to run over our top guys and only Dorsett and maybe J.Moore will do something about it... Rangers need not only more grit in their lineup but more heart as well.... this makes me really miss Dubinsky... he at least was always the first to stick up for teammates...
Mash and your nemesis Stu Bickel can beat each of the 3 aforementioned Kings.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I inadvertently won over Bardof's heart. What have I done?

I wouldn't and didn't mind Boyle on our team last year. Our bottom 6 were just a collection of role players each doing their own thing. Boyle was fine then. Boyle was good then. Not great but acceptable for what he brings on the PK and playing Stone Age defense.

We have enough balanced offense in our top 9 and enough intent to play offense all through out. Boyle is an offense black hole. He can't pass, he can't possess, he can't force turnovers well without a dominant puck retriever, he can't do anything offensive and his tips and net front whacks are so bad. The energy line? He's no physical presence, he falls down, he doesn't deliver useful hits without falling over himself. Plus, he's slow. Speed and pressuring with physicality is what creates energy and momentum. He's not that. He can't fight or protect guys either. If we keep him in the lineup on a consistent basis, we're going to be stuck with a 2 line team again.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I like Boyle in certain roles. I really really do. But putting him between Kreider and Fast is just idiotic and a complete waste of anything any of those players can possibly bring to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->