Post-Game Talk: PS #5 - 09/26/18 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
How can that thing honestly be 420 calories? Is it like, per serving, and there are 4 servings? There's no way, assuming that cheese and pepperoni are actual cheese and pepperoni that the whole thing can clock in under like 1K, unless it's like the size of a bagel. :laugh:

Manufacturer site says 220 kcal per 100 grams. So the whole pizza of 575 grams should be 1265 kcal. Cheese is Jarlsberg.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I want to see:

Buchnevich-Zibanejad-Spooner
Namestnikov-Hayes-Zuccarello
Kreider-Andersson-Chytil
Vesey-Howden-Gettinger

Skjei-Shattenkirk (I don't think they'll fit well, but might as well try it in pre-season)
Staal-Pionk
Crawley-McQuaid

I don't want to meme Skjei-Pionk which might become a "good enough"-pairing that will stick even though other combos would work better, like the ever persistent McDonagh-Girardi.

Why are we putting Kreider on the third line?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Why are we putting Kreider on the third line?
To see how Andersson-Chytil can do in a sheltered offensive role with an elite play driver. Andersson and especially Chytil have struggled in the play-driving department, but I'd like to see them in offensive roles this season. Maybe Buchnevich could be a better fit on that line than Kreider, but I think we need more play-driving and less offensive skill alongside the young guns at this stage.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To see how Andersson-Chytil can do in a sheltered offensive role with an elite play driver. Andersson and especially Chytil have struggled in the play-driving department, but I'd like to see them in offensive roles this season. Maybe Buchnevich could be a better fit on that line than Kreider, but I think we need more play-driving and less offensive skill alongside the young guns at this stage.

I don't see the reason to get rid of the only line we know is good, and put them on the third line with two rookies. I don't think it makes sense to put Chytil and Andersson on the same line.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I don't see the reason to get rid of the only line we know is good, and put them on the third line with two rookies. I don't think it makes sense to put Chytil and Andersson on the same line.
It's preseason, let's see if other combinations work so we don't have to put our three best 5v5 players on the same line if 2/3 can give the same results. I think the probability is high that 2/3 of KZB with Spooner will be a better line than KZB as Spooner is a high-end scorer who can ride the coattails of good play drivers, and is a complete disaster if the play driving abilities of his linemates aren't up to snuff (e.g. Hayes-Spooner was an abject disaster last year).

Reactions: Richard Banger

Rongosurus Lex

Jan 4, 2015
Halden, Norway
How can that thing honestly be 420 calories? Is it like, per serving, and there are 4 servings? There's no way, assuming that cheese and pepperoni are actual cheese and pepperoni that the whole thing can clock in under like 1K, unless it's like the size of a bagel. :laugh:

It's pr 100g, and the entire pizza is 570g...

Edit: I see I was a bit slow here, had not updated browser for 30min :-D

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Gettinger's looked pretty good though. He's got that big body and he's keeping up with the pace--getting a goal didn't hurt either.
Was going to say this. Outside of his first shift in his first game he's looked good. If you've got a 6'6" dude who can actually play, that's pretty friggin' intriguing for the bottom 6. I'm not surprised he's getting a long look.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Was going to say this. Outside of his first shift in his first game he's looked good. If you've got a 6'6" dude who can actually play, that's pretty friggin' intriguing for the bottom 6. I'm not surprised he's getting a long look.

His second game was way better than his first, but he's been alright for me thus far.

He looks wayyyyyyyyyyyy better now than he did in Traverse City though which wasn't supposed to happen because that tournament is like the be all end all when it comes to everything.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For what it's worth, looks like Gettinger can throw down if need be. I like the Marek Malik salute at the end:

That was a great fight by Gettinger--keeping in mind that might have been his only fight of the year and that Andrew Perrott had punched him 4 or 5 times before he even started returning. Gettinger does fight occasionally but it's not something he really seems to like doing. Perrott by the way is the son of Nathan Perrott--who played in the NHL briefly and was a noted fighter. Kind of like father, like son.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Yeah if he can skate well enough to keep getting in the way that long, lanky frame could come in useful...and he's not an unskilled guy. I just don't see him ever being a top 6 forward though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Happened upon free tickets for the second straight game.

Interested to see if we can beat somebody besides the Devils.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Timmy Getts had seven fights in OHL regular season games and one in a preseason game. So he's not a big fighter but with his size and strength should be able to hold his own.

EDIT: According to hockeyfights.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad