Nov 7, 2017
What brand of frozen pizza are you guys having? I'm going with:

3D_rak_Grandiosa_pp_classic_Front_WEB.png

Grandiosa...made in Norway. National dish :D

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I've lost the finger on the HFNYR pulse it seems, I was hoping for some reminiscing of the Frozen Pizza Playoff Push™ from 2010. Such a fun time, even for a lurker.

Reactions: egelband

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Mind you I don't think Gettinger is making the team out of camp but truthfully his highest of high upsides is 3rd line wing. If he did make the Rangers as a 4th line winger I don't think that would hurt him all that much. That size and if he can keep up and show he has some skills might be what's kept him around. They've used him a bit on the penalty kill as well.

I just personally think hes more likely to hit his highest of high upsides by getting bigger minutes in the AHL to learn the pro game and grow his confidence. I agree with you that 3rd line winger is his realistic ceiling.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Would really love to see more of Spooner and Zucc together. Spooner reminds me a lot of Brassard, and they have already connected for a beautiful passing play this preseason.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I was expecting to see more of Meskanen and Lindqvist. Some guys are better suited for scoring lines than they are being put into checking roles and that might be something that's at issue here---Quinn and staff looking around for who they want for 4th line and/or penalty killing duties.
Yeah I think you're probably right. I haven't seen much out of Lindqvist that would tell me he is even close. I think if he takes the route back to SHL rather than AHL, we can basically forget about him. Meskanen, on the other hand, looked promising and I think I've read somewhere that he has no Euro league out type of clause. So, he's someone I'll keep an eye on as he adjusts to the NA game.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Would really love to see more of Spooner and Zucc together. Spooner reminds me a lot of Brassard, and they have already connected for a beautiful passing play this preseason.
Hayes and Spooner seemed to have some chemistry last season too. That could be a solid line. Hayes and Zucc are playmakers that can play the possession game and solid defensively. Spooner is a shooter. I'd like to see those 3 as the team's 2nd line behind KZB, who has already shown chemistry over multiple seasons. I wouldn't be devastated if Chytil was put on that line over Spooner though, haha.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hayes and Spooner seemed to have some chemistry last season too. That could be a solid line. Hayes and Zucc are playmakers that can play the possession game and solid defensively. Spooner is a shooter. I'd like to see those 3 as the team's 2nd line behind KZB, who has already shown chemistry over multiple seasons. I wouldn't be devastated if Chytil was put on that line over Spooner though, haha.

Spooner isn't a shooter.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think this was a big thing with the Quinn hire. There was some *****ing and moaning about some of his things at BU, but the guy knows how to get players to give him his all. And I think he has a much better system for that than most. Really curious to see how he can mold the young guys.

Isn’t he supposed to be the ideal “rebuild coach” because oh his development resumé?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Right.

I’m saying he was brought in because he’s thought of as a developer rather than an end game coach based off developing more than end game wins correct ?

And if the former is correct, that’s a good thing.
Gotcha. Yes.

Reading on the fly while at work.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've lost the finger on the HFNYR pulse it seems, I was hoping for some reminiscing of the Frozen Pizza Playoff Push™ from 2010. Such a fun time, even for a lurker.
I'll be rocking one of these bad boys:
20120426-Unos-Frozen-bbq-cooked-whole.jpg

For real though, it's one of my wife's gym nights, so as long as I don't have to share my dinner with the toddler, it will be a DiGiorno, regular with pepperoni.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What brand of frozen pizza are you guys having? I'm going with:

3D_rak_Grandiosa_pp_classic_Front_WEB.png

How can that thing honestly be 420 calories? Is it like, per serving, and there are 4 servings? There's no way, assuming that cheese and pepperoni are actual cheese and pepperoni that the whole thing can clock in under like 1K, unless it's like the size of a bagel. :laugh:

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yo you wanna try some gross f***ing pizza prepared in person, try St. Louis "pizza." It's thin like a cracker, has weird sauce, and they top it with this goop called provel cheese which is like cheddar, swiss, and provolone. But it's legitimately goopy, like if you turn a slice sideways it's like it's shitting this gray crap all over the floor.

If in St. Louis, don't try it. I have been many places in the US and tried their pizza, and St. Louis was the worst. Also everyone that lives in Buffalo and thinks they do the best pie can f*** right off.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

VNR

May 16, 2018
he's had 3 games. he played major minutes in all those games and he played well. i believe he breaks camp in the top 6.

welcome btw.... welcome to the asylum.
Definitely gonna break camp, probably at least in top 6. How many dmen do you think they're gonna roll this year, 7 or 8? I'm leaning towards 8.

And thanks. Good to be here.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

Little before my time. Rongos pls or the aliens ones, I gotchu.

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
How can that thing honestly be 420 calories? Is it like, per serving, and there are 4 servings? There's no way, assuming that cheese and pepperoni are actual cheese and pepperoni that the whole thing can clock in under like 1K, unless it's like the size of a bagel. :laugh:
:laugh: It's per serving and 221 calories per 100 gram and the pizza itself is 560 gram (1237.6 calories)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->