GDT: PS #2 / “Preseason Roadkill” - Oilers @ Canucks / Sept 17 / 8:00 PM Mountain

Oilers send their Bakersfield team or their Wichita team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Bear was invisible. I strangely didn’t hate Manning’s game but he’s clearly not an NHLer.

With how Bouch, Samorukov, Lagesson, and Persson have looked, and with how Broberg's playing in Sweden, I really think Bear and/or Jones will have to go. We have to do it this season while they still have waiver eligbility, which increases their trade value.

Reactions: snipes

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Great
- Jurco

The good
- Marody
- PRussell
- Starrett
- Benson
- Samorukov
- Bouchard

The Meh
- Nurse
- Larsson
- Everyone not mentioned elsewhere

The Bad
- Manning

McLeod should definitely be in the good to very good category. He and Benson were all over it in the last two periods.

Reactions: McTedi

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McLeod should definitely be in the good to very good category. He and Benson were all over it in the last two periods.
Shit can't believe I didn't write him down. I felt for him for missing his goal but it was such a beautiful play

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I like what Tippett and his staff are implementing. Lots of pressure in the Ozone and break outs were much smoother with momentum.

I'm not sure how much of that is systems at all and how much of that is just like... We have defence prospects that can move the damn puck.

Last few years we've had Larsson + Russell + Benning + Garrison / Gravel / Wideman / Petrovic playing 40 minutes a night... Hard to break the puck out when your D just can't complete a pass.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Granlund is a good Pker

Didn't see anything great with Bear. He isn't making the club until injuries hit.

Bouchard is too smart sometimes. He will make a small nifty play int he dzone and nobody will be there. I liked how Larsson did a behind the legs breakout pass to the start the game as well.

Too many times last year our D just blindly throw it out. Didn't see that tonight.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Russell had a solid game as well with 7 shots... I think he might even be ahead of the pack because he has a solid defensive game as well.

Didn't see a lot from Currie or Gambardella who I was expecting to play hard and make an impact.

Reactions: KYams17

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
So should Canucks fans be concerned after tonight?

I would classify this as you can’t get too wound up either way good or bad...but as far as criticism and stuff, it’s a messaage board and it’s the only hockey we have to talk about so there’s going to be some judgment.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That whole play sums Nurse up pretty nicely.

A 30-35 points dman? Because a veteran player rushing the zone in a meaningless preseason game where all he's trying to do is not get injured doesn't sum him at all one bit. Doesn't sum up any player one bit. So what you posted just made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad