GDT: PS #1 | "Midnight" | Jets @ Oilers | Sept 16 @ 7:00 PM MST

Are you excited for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I was thinking of the player to compare Persson to and that's who I was looking for. Plays some of his game like Ozolinsh
He's never going to outmuscle anyone.

But he has a very good and active stick and used it almost to perfection tonight.

Plus he has a rocket of a shot. If he makes the team and isn't on the powerplay I will throw my remote at the TV.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That’s a little rash no? What if 10 games in whatever rookie plays with Klefbom loses his confidence and starts drowning. I don’t want more than 1 or maybe 2 rookies on the back end at absolute most.
Persson is a rookie, but he is also 25 and came out of a Swedish league. Not like he is really young or anything.

That said I think one of Benning or Russell might end up out of the rookies keep pushing like they are.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He's never going to outmuscle anyone.

But he has a very good and active stick and used it almost to perfection tonight.

Plus he has a rocket of a shot. If he makes the team and isn't on the powerplay I will throw my remote at the TV.
I didn’t find his shot particularly booming but he did have that gift of getting it through consistently which is just as important.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I think Juj is getting a bit of a bad rep. He was casual but had some nice moments on the PK. Every line had its moments. We had the significantly better team and played as expected. I’m not taking too much from it.
Based on expectations I think the heavy line was our best. Totally shutdown their opponents. They need to show more offensively.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Persson is a rookie, but he is also 25 and came out of a Swedish league. Not like he is really young or anything.

That said I think one of Benning or Russell might end up out of the rookies keep pushing like they are.
This is pre season though. We haven’t seen any of these rookie D playing anything resembling a nhl roster yet let alone in an actual meaningful game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is pre season though. We haven’t seen any of these rookie D playing anything resembling a nhl roster yet let alone in an actual meaningful game.
That's why I said based on this game.

Things will be very fluid until game 1 of the season. Maybe a total of 7 skaters are guarenteed spots right now. Everyone else is fighting for them. So every game you play will raise or lower your stock, guys like Benning and Khaira can't afford to have crap games.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
It’s early but Persson looks like a possible 2RW with Klefbom Also thought Lagesson-Bouchard looked like 3rd pair challengers. Was also impressed with Russell but Benson Cave Nygård and Haas have a long way to go. Nuge and Neal look good together but I think they need more forecheck speed on the other wing Coaches should be pleased tonight

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That's why I said based on this game.

Things will be very fluid until game 1 of the season. Maybe a total of 7 skaters are guarenteed spots right now. Everyone else is fighting for them. So every game you play will raise or lower your stock, guys like Benning and Khaira can't afford to have crap games.
I’m just saying it’s a little crazy to be tossing ideas like trading one our proven top 4 D men to make room for Lagesson who looked good in game 1 of the pre season.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Only caught the last 5-6 minutes or so but any thoughts from a coaching stand point tonight. How was the defensive play, breakouts, special teams? Did the players look like they understood what they were supposed to do? Obviously it's still so early on the execution but just curious how the systems looked.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Only caught the last 5-6 minutes or so but any thoughts from a coaching stand point tonight. How was the defensive play, breakouts, special teams? Did the players look like they understood what they were supposed to do? Obviously it's still so early on the execution but just curious how the systems looked.

It looked pretty early. Neither team played with much structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad