GDT: PS #1 | "Midnight" | Jets @ Oilers | Sept 16 @ 7:00 PM MST

Are you excited for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Persson, Klefbom, Bouchard and Lagesson all looked good.

Nuge, Neal, Nygard, Sheahan looked good on the forwards

Based on preseason game one, Khaira and Benning probably dropped down a few spots in the depth chart.

Reactions: Oilhawks and thadd

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

Based on preseason game one, Khaira and Benning probably dropped down a few spots in the depth chart.

I'd add Haas to the list he had a pretty good game. Seems to be good on the dot too. Cave is good on the dot and i like that since we've been so bad on faceoffs for so long. Benning was bad, JJ looked sluggish most of the time and lazy to be honest. Chaisson looked really rusty as well.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

I more or less agree. Lagesson looked a bit better than I was expecting.
Bouchard looked good but he still needs to clean his play up. Don't like how he looks when skating backwards.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
LOL Flames already disappointed in Talbot and Looch

Talbot lets 2 weak goals in 11 shots...while Flames have 34 shots

Looch looks like Looch
He looks like if I put a pair of skates on my fridge and tossed it on the ice.

He's in mid season form.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Again, the one important bottom-9 name missing tonight was Granlund. If Khaira loses his spot, Granlund likely slots right in there. Jurco is hanging around too, but Granlund is the bigger name who I'd expect in the lineup on opening night anyways.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Need Terry Jones to remind me that this wasn't a game against a full NHL roster before I get too positive about anything.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think Juj is getting a bit of a bad rep. He was casual but had some nice moments on the PK. Every line had its moments. We had the significantly better team and played as expected. I’m not taking too much from it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well... he did have to carry around the pylon Benning so..
Lagesson showed tonight why Jones played so well with him. Just a very solid, no nonsense defensemen.

If we found a way to have say Lagesson replace Russell on the bottom pairing and we trade him and replace him with a middle 6 forward the org could be better for it.

Reactions: WIOiler

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think Juj is getting a bit of a bad rep. He was casual but had some nice moments on the PK. Every line had its moments. We had the significantly better team and played as expected. I’m not taking too much from it.
I thought he was fine, would like to see more from him in preseason though.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
he reminds me of Ozolnish a bit, the way he moves. hopefully he plays better defense.

I was thinking of the player to compare Persson to and that's who I was looking for. Plays some of his game like Ozolinsh

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
True but you have to remember how many guys we have that are fighting for forward jobs. Only guys who are locks are Nuge, Drai, McDavid and Neal. Everyone else is fighting for a roster spot and those are the guys who need to have good showings. It may be meaningless to us but with all this competition, a bad game or two can drop you down the depth chart in a hurry

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Lagesson showed tonight why Jones played so well with him. Just a very solid, no nonsense defensemen.

If we found a way to have say Lagesson replace Russell on the bottom pairing and we trade him and replace him with a middle 6 forward the org could be better for it.
That’s a little rash no? What if 10 games in whatever rookie plays with Klefbom loses his confidence and starts drowning. I don’t want more than 1 or maybe 2 rookies on the back end at absolute most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad