Post-Game Talk: PS1 - Bruins Bear dancing in Shenzhen and munching on spring rolls - BRUINS 4 Calgary 3 F SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2018-9-13_20-50-50.png

GettyImages-1004132362-1024x683.jpg

This thread will be all hockey, the existing thread will be kept open for background.

Reactions: Cronuss

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Even though I'm an insomniac, I'm sleeping through this one...but I'm DVRing it, because I'm hockey-starved. I just want two related things: Good ice, and no injuries. Anything beyond that is delicious gravy.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Studnicka getting top line duties over jfk and frederic. Hmmm very interesting.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bergeron-cleary? I had no idea Bergeron wasn’t his last name.

Let us not forget Patrice Bergeron-Cleary, No. 37 in the program, whose father is only a couple of generations removed from this neck of the Emerald Isle.

“Yeah,’’ mused the Bruins’ humble center, cooling down after the squad’s afternoon workout at Odyssey Arena. “I should be Patrice Cleary.’’
And then, after a very short pause, he added, “Not should be — I am Patrice Cleary.’’

Actually, the 25-year-old center, as noted in the club’s just-off-the-presses media guide, is officially Patrice Bergeron-Cleary. As he made his way through youth hockey in his home province of Quebec, as he has explained many times over the years, his name typically was truncated for simplicity’s sake. When in French Canada, do as French-Canadians do, and therefore “Bergeron’’ was the name that stuck on the back of his hockey sweaters and youth hockey registration forms.

Clearing up Bergeron’s name

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Let us not forget Patrice Bergeron-Cleary, No. 37 in the program, whose father is only a couple of generations removed from this neck of the Emerald Isle.

“Yeah,’’ mused the Bruins’ humble center, cooling down after the squad’s afternoon workout at Odyssey Arena. “I should be Patrice Cleary.’’
And then, after a very short pause, he added, “Not should be — I am Patrice Cleary.’’

Actually, the 25-year-old center, as noted in the club’s just-off-the-presses media guide, is officially Patrice Bergeron-Cleary. As he made his way through youth hockey in his home province of Quebec, as he has explained many times over the years, his name typically was truncated for simplicity’s sake. When in French Canada, do as French-Canadians do, and therefore “Bergeron’’ was the name that stuck on the back of his hockey sweaters and youth hockey registration forms.

Clearing up Bergeron’s name
Thanks, now that I read this it does ring a bell. Getting old sucks

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
How many of us are actually going to wake up to watch a preseason game at 2:35 on a Saturday morning?

See, my FIRST reaction was, "f***"

But then thinking about it, I have (assuming Hurricane Asshole doesn't screw me over) a morning brunch in DC with family to celebrate my birthday (turned 30 on Monday. Still not sure how to feel about that..) and pretty much all weekend I'll be binge drinking with my twin brother anyway, so what's another several hours without sleep?

I've MISSED hockey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad