Prust - White - McCarron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
We need this as our checking line starting next season. McCarron has 1G and 5A in 16 OHL games... if Montreal is going to wait for his development to become a top 6 eligible winger, then it will take a LONGGG time.. so might as well put our 1st rounder to good use by using his big body and fighting skills to the test in the checking line with low minutes

3 decent sized fighters from the line that needs to prove more. Since White has no points and Moen has 2 assists, we can shift the lines up pending on the team we're facing. If we're facing a relatively non-physical team then we can replace McCarron with Moen, and if its the Bruins or Sens we can add Parros for White so it becomes Parros - Prust - McCarron (if Parros gets resigned that is)

Let me know what you guys think

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
ohl level is competitive. I said in the past for some usa guys, its hard to translate at the ohl level at first because of the level of competition. These young guys are good. Mccaron I dont see top 6 potential at all. He does have decent speed but its far from enough to be dominant in the nhl.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yah instead of waiting for him to become a top 6 because it will take "a LONGGG time" we should **** up his development and turn him into a 4th liner :shakehead

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
We might be saying it's a terribad thread but unless it's closed it's going to last for at least a week along with all the other terribad threads.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think Big Mac is a top 6 forward but he should fit in on the 3rd line in a secondary offensive role. During camp he had good chemistry with Bournival so I expect him and Bournival to be our future 3rd line.

?-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Collberg
Prust-Bournival-McCarron

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't think Big Mac is a top 6 forward but he should fit in on the 3rd line in a secondary offensive role. During camp he had good chemistry with Bournival so I expect him and Bournival to be our future 3rd line.

?-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Bournival-McCarron

Prust's contract will be expired by the time McCarron is in the NHL. Prust will likely be a garbage player by then too with the amount of shoulder injuries he has.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
If i get this right : McCarron is struggling in the OHL, therefore he should play in the NHL as a 19yo. Strong logic there Watson!

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Would you leave Big Mac alone please. He needs time, he is still RAW.
He needs at LEAST 2 years. Won't hit his prime for 5 years. He is NOT a 50 goal guy, he might be a huge power forward if he pans out. 25 goals will be his best year but he will open up a ton of ICE space for his line mates. If it turns out right he will also be able to " take care of business "

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade McCarron for some other teams scrub player and continue the string of terrible trade proposals here.

dreamingofdrouin*

?-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Bournival-McCarron

God that's sexy looking.....add an evander kane type player to that top LW and drrooool

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
im sad that we passed up on a player like klimchuk just because of our desire for size. we basically peer-pressured management into drafting mccaron, same thing happened with leblanc

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
Bottom 6 guy in OHL in one year becoming a 4th line NHLer. Sounds right. Add to that NHL is so much easier for player developpement than the OHL.

:sarcasm:

Halifaxhab*

Wow....I guess developping players just goes out the window from now on huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->