Speculation: Prust playing hurt?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He hasn't looked like himself so far into this young season and hasn't been playing as effectively. Is he playing with another injury? Avoided fighting Fraser and Moen was quick to come in, makes me think he's banged up.

Yeah he hasn't looked good at all so far. If he is hurt he should not be playing.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I'll bet on an injury. Otherwise he would at least have fought one time, right?

But still, again, people should stop overestimating the players they like. Prust has never been anything else than a fourth liner. He played great last year in a shortened season, but still finished with 4 goals.

Now I do think he's the PERFECT fourth liner since he can be used on other lines on some occasions and he can play on the PK, but still, we're talking about a fourth line player.

Don't forget that while everybody were happy to see Habs sign such a player, the majority of observers tought at the time that it was overpayment nonetheless. So we shouldn't hope for too much of him. If he becomes such a key player for victories, then it would mean Habs are in trouble.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
yes, he is playingb with a shoulder injury. Hurt it during fight in preseason. Sure I read this about a week ago.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
So grand... all of our tough guys and grinders are the walking wounded.

We have an offence that can barely score.

And a defence that most on this board want to trash, besides PK.

How the ******** can anyone see this team making the playoffs.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
Prust is always hurt. I think we need to calm down a bit here, its been 3 games. The season has 82 games and teams go through stretches. We will be fine, just support the team and it will all work out.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
looks to be injured, which is to be expected with his game style.

Although Carbo on antichambre believes he's pouting because of his 4th line minutes:sarcasm:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Pretty sure he would have needed a surgery for his shoulder during offseason, but he decided to continue rehab and hoping to not hurt it more...

My opinion.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Prust is always hurt. I think we need to calm down a bit here, its been 3 games. The season has 82 games and teams go through stretches. We will be fine, just support the team and it will all work out.

I'd give my left nut to go through life with so much optimism and naiveté.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Pretty sure he would have needed a surgery for his shoulder during offseason, but he decided to continue rehab and hoping to not hurt it more...

My opinion.

Agreed.

He should have taken the offseason shoulder surgery. It's going to be a long season for him, most likely crippled with "day-to-day" injury/rehab days. There's no way his shoulder gets better on its own. The offseason surgery would mean that he would most likely be out of the lineup to start the season, and not be in the best physical shape, but if he's playing this ineffective with a bum shoulder, id rather have him out for the start of the season rehabbing.

I expect Prust to be out with a serious shoulder surgery at some point this season, missing significant time.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I don't mind that he's not fighting (whether hurt or not) because he can bring more to the table than just his fists, but he's not playing with a whole lot of intensity so far. There was a lot more jump in his step at this time last year, it seems.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Rest him then and put in Bournival. Bournival will help the PK and create some energy on the forecheck. Our best players are kids and not veterans, so why not?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
This. He's not good enough to be a difference maker at 75-80%.

Unfortunately I agree.

His force is his compete level, if he has an injury that prevents him from playing at 100% then he's not very useful out there.

Bournival on the other hand has a lot to prove, I don't see the problem in having Bournival playing 10-12 minutes a night in a defensive role.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Unfortunately I agree.

His force is his compete level, if he has an injury that prevents him from playing at 100% then he's not very useful out there.

Bournival on the other hand has a lot to prove, I don't see the problem in having Bournival playing 10-12 minutes a night in a defensive role.

I must agree. Prust has been decent at best this year so far.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I think he is, the fight he had with the islanders I believe, when he tried using the boards to push off with his hand. My brother noticed right away an the next game it showed but I wasn't convinced but I most certainly am now. Cudos to my little bro for spotting that one .

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

If he doesn't fight in the next couple of games I'll assume he's playing hurt, which sucks so bad.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
I thought of this during the Leafs game. Watch how slowly he gets up from this bump while Moen comes to his aid. If this was last year, he'd be up in 1 second ready to pounce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad