News Article: Provorov's interview to sport24.ru

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
A little fanatical but respectable. Although I feel like living in absolutes isn't a very healthy thing to do.

Drinking alcohol even in modest portions isn't good for you. And, gambling for health?

I don't think we got enough information about lifestyle choices to have any cause for concern

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Drinking alcohol even in modest portions isn't good for you. And, gambling for health?

I don't think we got enough information about lifestyle choices to have any cause for concern

Actually science would suggest that drinking alcohol in modest portions is good for you.
Here's What Happens When You Drink Red Wine Every Night

I'll avoid the gambling topic but in general living in absolutes typically isn't all that healthy for you. I'd wager more people into addiction rather than being able to drink a small glass of wine everyday though so there's that.

As a human being you need outlets to deal with stress.

Reactions: flyersfan187

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
Actually science would suggest that drinking alcohol in modest portions is good for you.
Here's What Happens When You Drink Red Wine Every Night

I'll avoid the gambling topic but in general living in absolutes typically isn't all that healthy for you. I'd wager more people into addiction rather than being able to drink a small glass of wine everyday though so there's that.

Seems to be more about the antioxidants.

Anyway, you're just speculating that Provorov doesn't have outlets for stress. I don't see the purpose of it.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Anyway, you're just speculating that Provorov doesn't have outlets for stress. I don't see the purpose of it.

Nice job just sweeping that answer to your statement under the rug.

Who cares if I am just speculating anyways and besides it was more of a general statement.

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
Nice job just sweeping that answer to your statement under the rug.

Who cares if I am just speculating anyways and besides it was more of a general statement.

I enjoy alcohol. I think others enjoy alcohol enough to want to see positive benefits to their habit. The link between good health and drinking moderately is tenuous...

It's a probably a great idea to avoid the devil drink as a professional athlete.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I enjoy alcohol. I think others enjoy alcohol enough to want to see positive benefits to their habit. The link between good health and drinking moderately is tenuous...

It's a probably a great idea to avoid the devil drink as a professional athlete.

Yeh, I love a drink, but my little sister is tee-total and I always tell her not to bow to peer pressure, it is probably realistically better overall not to drink at all. It is a depressant, reduces functionality, slows blood flow... and is effectively a poison your body tries to fight.

I mean, I know this and still choose to drink.

Though I don't drink coffee, rarely drink soft drinks and don't eat potato chips at all... they are all choices based on me seeing no reason for them because I don't need them and the negatives outweigh the positives.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Provy is one of my favorite players...but im worried hes regressing.... somebody please convince me his uneven play of late is just an insignificant slump.

I don't think he has played as well in February as he did in January... where he was just perfect... but realistically he has only had a couple af sub-par games in the last ~10.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Love these interviews (seem so real and candid), and appreciate the translation!

I remember the first one I read, thinking wow - this kid has unreal discipline, focus and mental strength - a rarity at his age. Seeing it continue (and translate on ice), blows my mind.

The future is bright, and we've been lucky to say the least with the mass of talent the past few seasons. It's enough to make me want to clear up some "travel restrictions", so that I can come join the party in the 20's...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Love these interviews (seem so real and candid), and appreciate the translation!

I remember the first one I read, thinking wow - this kid has unreal discipline, focus and mental strength - a rarity at his age. Seeing it continue (and translate on ice), blows my mind.

The future is bright, and we've been lucky to say the least with the mass of talent the past few seasons. It's enough to make me want to clear up some "travel restrictions", so that I can come join the party in the 20's...

The thing I like is that even though he seems like a robot in these interviews - a great robot - he smiles a lot on the ice, too. He's just a really good dude.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Yeah, it's some of the components that are naturally present in red wine that are believed to have some heart-related benefits, not the actual alcohol which is a carcinogen.

Reactions: whitstifier

fischi

Apr 8, 2009
PA
No shocker he is playing so well. Only going to get better and with an attitude like that he will be a Captain one day.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
I love the interviewer bringing up Philadelphia cream cheese as if that's the city's greatest treasure. That's like asking a foreigner in the KHL if they love Russian nesting dolls.

Heh, reading between the lines you could make a guess that Provo doesn't eat any cheese either. Robots run on water and protein bars (no sugar).

Reactions: TroutHockey

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Anyone else think Pantene Pro-V's responses are a little too perfect? If you need proof for validation, look no further than his perfect hair!

Seriously, this guy is the epitome of perfection in every possible way. He CANNOT be real! I'm nearly twice his age but half the man he is (based off his responses).

Reactions: Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Oh, he's got a stress release.

giphy.gif

Why do you think he spends so much time in the gym?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad