News Article: Provorov's interview to matchtv.ru

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Ivan's interview to matchtv.ru translated (in a hurry between work assignments) by yours truly.
«Надеюсь, что НХЛ приедет с играми в Москву или Питер». «Матч ТВ» взял большое интервью у Ивана Проворова

Pavel Lysenkov from Matchtv.ru interviewed Ivan Provorov in Prague

PL: I am impressed that more than 10 000 people visited Flyers practice in Prague.
IP: Yes, it’s fantastic, the atmosphere is incredible. I believe, it’s because it’s the first time that the NHL opens its season here. A lot of people would like to see Philadelphia- Chicago game; there is a lot of interest in the NHL. They are waiting for a show.
PL: I just talked to Bill Daly. It appears there is a possibility for the NHL teams to play in Russia in a year or 2. Would you like that?
IP: Absolutely! I would want to see an NHL game in Moscow or in Saint Petersburg. I am positive, Russian fans are dreaming about an opportunity to watch these games.
PL: Would Flyers- Blackhawks game be of interest to the Russian fans, or would you suggest having a NHL- KHL game- with CSKA, SKA, or Lokomotiv?
IP: I think, the fans would prefer to see 2 NHL club game. First, we, Russian NHL players, always feel supported by the Russian fans, although we play overseas. Secondly, a regular season game would be of interest for fans. There is more exhilaration when the game counts. I am sure, there would be a lot of excitement.
PL: You signed your contract in September, did this delay affect your pre-season preparations?
IP: No, my preparation was not affected. I knew from the beginning that we would come to an agreement. It was just a matter of time. I was just calmly training all summer long. Had had my regular summer regimen, and spent the rest of the time with family.
PL: You signed a largest for the Russian defense men contract. So, your life is set, right?
IP: It’s absurd. I am 22 years old, I do not play hockey for money. I just love this game and enjoy my job. The contract will not make me go crazy; I will not start spending money mindlessly. I will be OK.
PL: If not secret, what was a hick-up in the negotiations- term or money?
IP: All negotiations were between the club and my agent. I did not delve into any details. I was just focusing on being ready.
PL: Is there a chance that you will play in the world championship? Nikita Zadorov had said that one can join the National team without a contract.
IP: Well, I have advisors that understand insurance questions that I ever will. Therefore, I am well aware of the risks associated with injuries. But in general, I come every time I am called to play for the national team. I am always ready to play for my country.
PL: How difficult is it to play 25 minutes per game? You are fourth in a league in TOI in the last season. How do you prepare for this?
IP: I work a lot during off season in order to create foundation, and then competently maintain the form during the season. It’s impossible to play that many minutes without good physical preparation. However, if you are used to play a lot from your childhood, it becomes easier to play a lot later. When you play every other shift you feel the game rhythm much better, and you have a feeling that you not even exiting a game.
PL: So, you have been playing like that from your childhood?
IP: Yes, I played every other shift even back then.
PL: Why are you training in Yaroslavl in off season? Would not it be better in Philadelphia or even California?
IP: First, I visit my family in the summer and spend all my day offs with them. Secondly, I have my special regimen and work with the same trainers from my early hockey days. They put together this regimen and assist me in my preparation.
PL: There are a lot of Russian players in your division – Kucherov, Malkin, Panarin, Ovechkin. Who is the toughest opponent for you?
IP: Each and every one of them is good and dangerous. Each of them requires individual approach; I cannot single out just one of them
PL: Do you maintain contact with German Rubtsov and Mikhail Vorobyev?
IP: We text each other, periodically see each other. Of course, we stay in contact.
PL: Philadelphia deployed 8 goalies last season.
IP: Yeh, I am aware, it’s some sort of the record. But, as a team, we tried not to focus on that. We just played the game. Of course, there were situations of misunderstanding with a goalie, but it was not up to us to change that situation. We just had to play hockey.
PL: What is Carter Hart’s strength? Is he “the one”?
IP: He is an excellent guy and a good goalie. He is very confident and works every day to improve. He is technical and reads the game well. I think, he will only improve with every season.
PL: What can you say about Philadelphia loss to a Swiss team? Nobody expected Flyers to be losing 0:4 in that game.
IP: They have a good team. We started the game not the way we wanted. Just a few of the Flyers players have some experience of playing on a bigger rink. We were not able to find our game for the first 2 periods. We found it in a third period, started creating moments, but manage to score only 3 goals.
PL: what’s your reaction to a prediction that you might win a Norris trophy in a couple of years?
IP: It’s always flattering to hear that your game is valued, but I am try not to focus on that. I just continue to grow, continue to better myself from game to game. God willing, at some point Norris will become a reality.
PL: Why have not a Russian player ever won that trophy?
IP: I honestly don’t know. There were plenty of good candidates, they just were not selected. It happens.
PL: Who is going to be your regular partner?
IP: I do not know yet. I have played with Sanheim and Niskanen this off season. Now I am playing with Braun. We will see how the season goes. I believe, all the pairs will crystalize within first 10 games.
PL: Interestingly, Niskanen had previously played with Dmitry Orlov.
IP: Niskanen and I have had a lot of conversations about him playing in Washington, particularly with Orlov. We discussed the aspects of the game, but, nevertheless, we need time to get used to each other in order to play together. We played just one game together. Perhaps later in the season we will be playing together. Will see.
PL: Let’s go back to the contract. Since you are guaranteed $40 million, you may realize your dream of buying a house or a yacht. What do you think?
IP: Frankly, I have not thought about that. I live with my parents, my brother, and my sister in a summer. And I have a good apartment in Philadelphia that suits me well. I just don’t have such a big dream
PL: But, now you can buy a house in America.
IP: In time. I do not need a house now.
PL: Which shows do you watch on Youtube?
IP: I usually, don’t watch shows. I watch movies, NHL, other sports.
PL: Even TV series.
IP: Yes. I would rather watch basketball, American football. I root for Philadelphia NBA and NFL teams. I also like LeBron James.
PL: Who will come to support you in Prague?
IP: My family and relatives. The team helped to get tickets, I just had to buy them in advance.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Level headed kid, kind you give a big money extension to and don't worry about him showing up at camp a year from now out of shape.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sorry but provy isn't a norris material. Also given his new contract he must have had hordes or girls on him all summer.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
He was in Prague with all that loot and in a place with some of the most beautiful women. I am sure he was loving more than hockey...
Judging by the interview it doesn't seem like he loves anything but hockey. For real though I don't even want to imagine what kind of a premium talent he got to sample, while all we have are couple of taryn gifs.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Not one that needs staff. Even those that don't are barely used by owners. The two best days are the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.
Hockey players are jocks, they don't give a crap about yachts. They'll get a nice motorboat they'll use for fishing to escape all the attention and other nonsense whatever media and Kardashian crap that journalists have to deal with on daily basis that makes him sway towards yachts, but hockey players probably don't even register stuff like that.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I really wish they would take him off of the PP and let him concentrate more of the defense side of things. Get him back to doing what he is best at and he will get his game back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->