Provorov

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
If I was Provorov's agent, I wouldn't answer a phone call from Ron for 6 months, that offer is insulting.
Why would that be insulting? That offer is falls inline with other young defensemen Provorov’s age and skill level (Jones, Ristolainen, Parayko). If anything I’d be pissed at Ron for not getting Provy locked up for 8 years instead of 6. Even if the AAV ends up higher with the additional 2 years it’s worth it to leverage Provy’s RFA years. Definitely hoping Ron doesn’t bridge Provy and gets a long-term deal done this offseason.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Why would that be insulting? That offer is falls inline with other young defensemen Provorov’s age and skill level (Jones, Ristolainen, Parayko). If anything I’d be pissed at Ron for not getting Provy locked up for 8 years instead of 6. Even if the AAV ends up higher with the additional 2 years it’s worth it to leverage Provy’s RFA years. Definitely hoping Ron doesn’t bridge Provy and gets a long-term deal done this offseason.

I put Provorov over all those guys, but that's me.

Reactions: RANKKA

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If I was Provorov's agent, I wouldn't answer a phone call from Ron for 6 months, that offer is insulting.

I think you jumped the gun with this comment..

Just look at the comparables for young 1D

Seth Jones - $5.4 million
Ekman-Larsson - $6.5 million
John Klingberg - $3.5 million (outlier)
Ramus Ristolainen - $5.4 million

Should Provy be making much more than Seth Jones? I don't think so. Somewhere inbetween Jones and Ekman-Larsson is probably appropriate.

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Yea, now you might be talking 11MM a year to keep him around after that.

On the other hand, assuming Hex is still GM, by then you'll have 20 former 1st round picks in the prospect pool fighting to take over his spot. So the Flyers could flip him at the deadline for a half-dozen more 1st round picks!
Salary cap issue fixed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Seth Jones is a good comparable, but Jones had played three seasons already when he signed with a career best of 31 points in 81 games, and his contract started in 16-17. Provorov's contract won't start until 19-20 when the cap will have increased significantly, and I believe he will have a 40 point season by then.

Reactions: Hiesenberg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seth Jones is a good comparable, but Jones had played three seasons already when he signed with a career best of 31 points in 81 games, and his contract started in 16-17. Provorov's contract won't start until 19-20 when the cap will have increased significantly, and I believe he will have a 40 point season by then.

If we go 8 years I would think $6.5 would be a great deal but I can see it going as high as $7.

If it's only 6 year then $5.5-6 seems fair.

Thoughts?

Either way the main boards thread on his contract will be terrible lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The cap hit will definitely go up if the term is 8 years rather than 6.

Seth Jones got 6 years, and is probably gonna break the bank as a 27 year old UFA in 2022.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Meltzer tweeted today he thinks Manning is probably re-signed. Just a heads up.

As much as I think there's a good chance Filppula is back too, Manning is the one I don't even really question unless something changes. The PEB to Flip's VdV if you will.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As much as I think there's a good chance Filppula is back too, Manning is the one I don't even really question unless something changes. The PEB to Flip's VdV if you will.

He also said he doesn’t think Flip returns. We shall see. We shall see. But I’m busy over here trying to figure out how any of Sanheim, Morin, or Myers, let alone multiple, enter the lineup full time next year or the year after.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He also said he doesn’t think Flip returns. We shall see. We shall see. But I’m busy over here trying to figure out how any of Sanheim, Morin, or Myers, let alone multiple, enter the lineup full time next year or the year after.

Ron Schenns Radko.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hmmm...

Provy Ghost
Manning Gudas
Hagg AMac
Morin Sanheim

All we have to do is demote Sanheim, and the top 7 is complete.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Just hope they don’t get crazy with AAV. There are still comparables and his scoring is capped by the PP. We love him, they love him, but be fair.

I like the precedent of Ghost’s contract though!
Hampus Lindholm is my comp. Anaheim and Nashville sure know how to get a sweet deals for their d.

I think you jumped the gun with this comment..

Just look at the comparables for young 1D

Seth Jones - $5.4 million
Ekman-Larsson - $6.5 million
John Klingberg - $3.5 million (outlier)
Ramus Ristolainen - $5.4 million

Should Provy be making much more than Seth Jones? I don't think so. Somewhere inbetween Jones and Ekman-Larsson is probably appropriate.
You also left out generational force that is Slavin.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hampus Lindholm is my comp. Anaheim and Nashville sure know how to get a sweet deals for their d.

You also left out generational force that is Slavin.

So relieved that the main boards unhealthy love affair with him has fizzled out lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad