Overall:

Chabot
Provorov
McAvoy

Werenski

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I pick McAvoy. He's good offensively and defensively, bordering on "great" for both.

Chabot is a close second, by far the best offensively (probably elite), but not good defensively. If he improves his defense at all this season he'd pass McAvoy for me.

Werenski and Provorov clearly behind today.

Easily better Defensively than Rielly. Easily.

Reactions: majormajor

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I know it's a small sample size but Provorov has been by far the best to start the year. Supported by real stats, advanced stats and the eyes.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I know it's a small sample size but Provorov has been by far the best to start the year. Supported by real stats, advanced stats and the eyes.

I went with Charlie but truth be told there is no wrong answer here as alot depends on which of these 4 guys ends up having the best career.

It's still early days for these guys.

Reactions: Sasso09

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

and in around 250 games the past 3 years he was by far the worst based on both the eye test and analytics so I don’t see how 7 games changes anything.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
from what i've seen it seems like chabot and werenski are neck and neck, with chabot being better offensively and werenski being better defensively. provorov and mcavoy are similar, but maybe like half a tier below at this point in their careers

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
and in around 250 games the past 3 years he was by far the worst based on both the eye test and analytics so I don’t see how 7 games changes anything.
Simply not true. Even with his down year last year he's a better ES producer than Werenski and McAvoy and he's certainly better defensively. In truth Provorov is getting shit on in these boards because of crazy hype and expectations followed by sophomore slump but people really need to look at the context.

Provorov has been his team's #1 guy day one as a teenager carrying AHL quality partner on a poor defensive team with poor goaltending while McAvoy and Werenski have played with great defenseman and in McAvoy case the best defensive team overall in the league...

Chara
Rask
Marchand
Bergeron

Jones
Bob
Murray

There's no question Provorov has has less help and in tougher usage without PP1 opportunities.... still has out produced both.

McAvoy and Provorov are as close as they get but anyone trying to argue Werenski I won't even entertain. Hes better on the PP and that's it. I suspect after this season Ivan will regain his respect as he's playing like he did prior to last year

Reactions: Trobler

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
from what i've seen it seems like chabot and werenski are neck and neck, with chabot being better offensively and werenski being better defensively. provorov and mcavoy are similar, but maybe like half a tier below at this point in their careers
Werenski is nowhere near Chabot man.... come on. Chabot does everything better with equal defense and no help. Werenski is his team's 3rd defenseman

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I went with Charlie but truth be told there is no wrong answer here as alot depends on which of these 4 guys ends up having the best career.

It's still early days for these guys.
This is probably true. I think I'm overly passionate about defending Provorov due to the uneducated likening him to Ekblad and Risto

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is probably true. I think I'm overly passionate about defending Provorov due to the uneducated likening him to Ekblad and Risto

Provorov is definitely much better than either Ekblad or Risto.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I know everyone likes to look at Provorov's down season last year but he's back to 2018 form this year. Possession monster and rock solid defensively.

Chabot
Provorov
McAvoy
Werenski

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Simply not true. Even with his down year last year he's a better ES producer than Werenski and McAvoy and he's certainly better defensively. In truth Provorov is getting **** on in these boards because of crazy hype and expectations followed by sophomore slump but people really need to look at the context.

Provorov has been his team's #1 guy day one as a teenager carrying AHL quality partner on a poor defensive team with poor goaltending while McAvoy and Werenski have played with great defenseman and in McAvoy case the best defensive team overall in the league...

Chara
Rask
Marchand
Bergeron

Jones
Bob
Murray

There's no question Provorov has has less help and in tougher usage without PP1 opportunities.... still has out produced both.

McAvoy and Provorov are as close as they get but anyone trying to argue Werenski I won't even entertain. Hes better on the PP and that's it. I suspect after this season Ivan will regain his respect as he's playing like he did prior to last year

100% false. Last year at evens Werenski had 29 pts, and Provorov 24 pts. McAvoy had 25 pts despite missing a third of the season.

Werenski has the most so far this year too.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For me, it's still probably a toss-up between Werenski and Provorov. At the draft, i head Werenski slightly ahead...then kinda swung to maybe Provorov slightly ahead. Could really go either way.

McAvoy is probably the "safest" bet, but i don't know if the upside if there to overtake the other two. Chabot...i just still don't really get the big hype. He never impresses me watching him, as an actual all-around defenceman. Seems he'll be a big point producer, but i'm not drafting for a fantasy team here.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
For me, it's still probably a toss-up between Werenski and Provorov. At the draft, i head Werenski slightly ahead...then kinda swung to maybe Provorov slightly ahead. Could really go either way.

McAvoy is probably the "safest" bet, but i don't know if the upside if there to overtake the other two. Chabot...i just still don't really get the big hype. He never impresses me watching him, as an actual all-around defenceman. Seems he'll be a big point producer, but i'm not drafting for a fantasy team here.
Id imagine you have watched less than 5 sens games in your entire life based on your Chabot and Stone takes. Youve never watched a WJC game either.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
100% false. Last year at evens Werenski had 29 pts, and Provorov 24 pts. McAvoy had 25 pts despite missing a third of the season.

Werenski has the most so far this year too.
No he doesn't and no he didn't. ESP/60

Try again.

Werenski:
GP 11
G 2
A 3
P 5
ESP 4

Provorov:
GP 9
G 2
A 5
P 7
ESP 3

Provorov is uncharacteristically getting PP points so far but he's also played 2 less games. I expect him to finish with better ESP/60 like he has every year. not to mention the big gap between the two defensively.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad