Providence Bruins Providence Signs Ferris State D-man Cooper Zech to a PTO

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Sounds like a Sweeney signing. Another 5'9" d-man who produces offensively and can skate. I haven't seen him play, but he sounds like he has some real upside.

Divver says its likely an AHL PTO with intention of signing with Bruins in offseason.

Nice little note from here:

Most Points, Freshmen, Since Dec. 1

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Similar attributes to Krug. Krug is a goner in the off-season. Not saying Zech is going to replace him but adding organizational depth is key. Bruins d-prospects are mostly defense first type guys. This acquisition is nice as Zech is a puck moving offensive dman.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Divver clarified, he signed a 2 year deal with Providence, but is on a PTO till the end of the season.

Seems like solid roster building to me, in the org for 2 years but won't be taking up a contract spot with the big team when there probably won't be space for him.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sounds like a Sweeney signing. Another 5'9" d-man who produces offensively and can skate. I haven't seen him play, but he sounds like he has some real upside.

Divver says its likely an AHL PTO with intention of signing with Bruins in offseason.

Nice little note from here:

Most Points, Freshmen, Since Dec. 1

Cooper Zech......sounds like a brand of tire. Divver says he has wheels eh?

I'll show myself out.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Similar attributes to Krug. Krug is a goner in the off-season. Not saying Zech is going to replace him but adding organizational depth is key. Bruins d-prospects are mostly defense first type guys. This acquisition is nice as Zech is a puck moving offensive dman.
Wouldn't be too sure about that. Bs have another small smooth skating Dman on the roster who would cost an acquiring team less.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I think Krug is gone to unless he takes what Bruins WANT TO PAY.

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Accairi as well

Even Colby cave was an Undrafted FA (from juniors but similar deal). They are terrific at finding guys that slip through the cracks. Hell im pretty sure Danton Heinen didn’t have a prospect page when he was drafted out of the BCHL and everybody was like “uhhhhhhh who?”

Reactions: Strafer

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
haven't seen him play but scouting reports sound like a krug-type guy. look forward to checking him out soon.

Reactions: Blowfish

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Cooper Zech named to all-WCHA 1st team and all-WCHA rookie team. Would be pretty shocked if he didn't win WCHA rookie of the year. They noted he led all NCAA freshman defensemen in scoring and was fourth in the NCAA in all freshman scoring.

Very excited to see if he can take the next step in the AHL but he had a hell of a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->