GDT: Providence Bruins (vs) Worcester Sharks; 7:05 at the DDC Providence ; (12-21-12)

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Glad to see the boys bounce back after a messy (although entertaining) loss last night. Bourque is on fire and Trotman is now leading the team's defense in points (he actually has more points than Caron does now. Not bad for a guy who was a healthy scratch on opening night (Cassidy though it was more important to play Colby Cohen at that time).

Kyle MacKinnon has been playing very well with his increased ice time and responsibility.

The team is pretty banged up now, so they are going to have to tough it out for now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Glad to see the boys bounce back after a messy (although entertaining) loss last night. Bourque is on fire and Trotman is now leading the team's defense in points (he actually has more points than Caron does now. Not bad for a guy who was a healthy scratch on opening night (Cassidy though it was more important to play Colby Cohen at that time).

Kyle MacKinnon has been playing very well with his increased ice time and responsibility.

The team is pretty banged up now, so they are going to have to tough it out for now.

Every time I read anything about the PB`s I read Trotman`s name and Tardif`s name as consistently putting in another solid outing. I know little to nothing about either, it appears as though Tardif is a bit of an AHL journeyman and Trotman??? No idea, a more offensive version of Quaider or am I totally off the mark there?

What is holding Tardif back from NHL time?? Thx

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Every time I read anything about the PB`s I read Trotman`s name and Tardif`s name as consistently putting in another solid outing. I know little to nothing about either, it appears as though Tardif is a bit of an AHL journeyman and Trotman??? No idea, a more offensive version of Quaider or am I totally off the mark there?

The lockout? ;)

Seriously, Tardif is basically as you called him, an AHL journeyman. He spent several years in the Detroit organization. He's a decent player and works hard but I wouldn't call him a hidden gem or anything like that.

This is Trotman's first pro year and he's looked good to me every time I've seen him. I think he needs some time, though, like the vast majority of young defensemen.

I paid particular attention to Cross last night and liked what I saw. No panic or heedless puck-chasing in his own end, even under pressure, and he can hit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The lockout? ;)

Seriously, Tardif is basically as you called him, an AHL journeyman. He spent several years in the Detroit organization. He's a decent player and works hard but I wouldn't call him a hidden gem or anything like that.

This is Trotman's first pro year and he's looked good to me every time I've seen him. I think he needs some time, though, like the vast majority of young defensemen.

I paid particular attention to Cross last night and liked what I saw. No panic or heedless puck-chasing in his own end, even under pressure, and he can hit.

Thx Artemis, nice stuff to hear about Cross, after all those knee issues, in spite of never seeing him play I'm really pulling for a guy who seems to take a fair amount of abuse here from some

Bri

Jul 13, 2005

Trotman is a big boy and not afraid to use his size, but I don't think he has the pugilistic skill of McQuaid. Smart, will jump up when he has the opportunity but seems to think defense first. Seems very adept at getting his shots through and on net and thus has been piling on the assists. In that sense, yeah, I think it's a fair comparison as a more offensive version of McQuaid, though probably not the fighter he is. (I think Kirk mentioned McQuaid in terms of Trotman's upside once, but I can't recall for sure.) I've only seen him a handful of times in Prov so I'll defer to others who have seen him more.

He's young, but he's definitely making some noise, especially when you consider he was a healthy scratch early in the P-Bruins season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad