Protests/Riots in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
FWIW, George Floyd was bullshit and the officer should be prosecuted, which he is.

But pretending that a dude as big as Michael Brown attacking an officer half his size and trying to take his gun from him isn't a justified shooting because he's, "Unarmed" is a joke.

half his size? Darren Wilson is like 6' 2" lol

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
FWIW, George Floyd was bullshit and the officer should be prosecuted, which he is.

But pretending that a dude as big as Michael Brown attacking an officer half his size and trying to take his gun from him isn't a justified shooting because he's, "Unarmed" is a joke.

Who brought up Michael Brown?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Already weighed in on Floyd being a shit job and the officer being rightfully prosecuted.

This is about the overall complaint of, "Police brutality", being widely over-exaggerated.

Interesting that you're going after the victim as a shit job.

Police brutality is really just another example of a long-standing issue with the police, which is one of trust.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Who brought up Michael Brown?

Nobody did. But if you're suggesting that these riots are exclusively about George Floyd, then I'd ask why we're rioting over a situation where the officer was fired, arrested, and charged...

... And I'm guessing your answer would be that it's about the overall concept of police brutality, in which Michael Brown is most certainly relevant considering his death kicked off BLM.

Reactions: Puckclektr

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Interesting that you're going after the victim as a shit job.

Police brutality is really just another example of a long-standing issue with the police, which is one of trust.

The fact that you correlated, "Shit job", as an insult to Floyd rather than an analysis of actions of the officer who was on the job, (Understand it yet? Shit Job?) tells me that you're reading things the way you want them to fit your narrative...

Reactions: Love

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Already it's clear that the protests are, in part at least, being hijacked by others with motives completely unrelated to protesting police brutality or racial discrimination.

Far-Right Infiltrators and Agitators in George Floyd Protests: Indicators of White Supremacists

There are a lot of people and groups both external and internal who want to cause chaos and further polarize the USA. Among those is the President who I think has realized that he will lose the next election unless something extreme happens. The narrative is going to be the Party of Law and Order vs the Party of Riots and White Genocide.

I hesitate to compare what is developing to the street fighting between Communists and Fascists in 1920s/1930s Germany or the covert operations by the Nazis to blame their enemies for various things, but there are parallels. Trump might not have direct involvement with the White Supremacist groups, but he runs everything he does indirectly like a Mafia Boss. His twitter Dog-Whistle quoting a segregationist is proof of that.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
This thread will be a treat.

1. If people made this a police brutality issue instead of a race issue, there’d be more traction towards a solution. The media cherry-picking cases to support their narrative does no one any favors.

2. Looting helps no one. It alienates supporters and damages the communities you’re claiming to want to help. Peaceful protests have accomplished great things in the past. Riots have only moved this country backwards.

3. Why do people decry the police as evil, then turn around and support the big-government policies that enable the police state to thrive?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
this dude is definitely under 5 feet tall

having a bunch of weapons and talking shit doesn't make you seem any tougher bro

Strange that you want to talk about talking shit considering the only one who made a shit talking comment was you with the, "This dude is definitely under 5 feet tall" comment.

Go pick a fight with a guy 80 pounds heavier than you and let me know how it goes, bro.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Interesting you don't mention the weight.

I'm sure if you put Adensanya in the Octagon with Stipe he would have a fighting chance. :thumbu:

when you feel outmatched, it's smarter to just let someone go. dunno why you'd want to defend someone like Darren Wilson

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The fact that you correlated, "Shit job", as an insult to Floyd rather than an analysis of actions of the officer who was on the job, (Understand it yet? Shit Job?) tells me that you're reading things the way you want them to fit your narrative...

Dude, you said you weighed in on "Floyd being a shit job" You can't really blame me for misunderstanding that. You didn't say the Floyd situation, or the circumstances, you just said his name and shit job. Maybe next time be more clear.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you, but you could have thrown one extra word in there to make it crystal clear. That's all it would have taken.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Nobody did. But if you're suggesting that these riots are exclusively about George Floyd, then I'd ask why we're rioting over a situation where the officer was fired, arrested, and charged...

... And I'm guessing your answer would be that it's about the overall concept of police brutality, in which Michael Brown is most certainly relevant considering his death kicked off BLM.

Is your contention that the system is fair and equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->