Prospects...Who can be the Steal???

Transported Upstater

:biglaugh: please stop with chouinard , the guy is so talented , but he have no motivation even if the habs draft him

but each quebecois dream to be draft by the habs except the ex nordique fan

in the fist two round i think of
Lemieux,Ribeiro,Brisebois,Theodore,Garon,latendresse and now Carle

Brisenbois ans thédore give us some good season !

I think there are French Canadians who do not necessarily want to deal with the insanely high pressure a Quebecer will receive in Montreal...

The Montreal media, as you know, is relentless and savage. Although many media outlets in the area are certainly more forgiving and adoring of French Canadian players, they are also incredibly nosy and obsessive, and will scrutinize a player's every step, breath and skating stride. Not to mention their personal lives; "privacy" is a relative term...

It takes a very mentally strong player to survive in Montreal, French Canadian or not.

I am in a keeper league and we draft rookies just as the NHL does, I joined the pool 2 years after it had begun and since then have been able to draft some quality rookies such as Getzlaf,Richards,Pouliot,Price,Wellwood,Jack Johnson,Luv Bourdon,Shawn Belle,AJ Thelene and I have a few more. This year I am again in good shape of adding a few more top quality prospects having 4 first round selections(not sure in which order yet) by trading away some older NHLers such as Recchi,Oniel,Jagr to bolster up my younger talent.

I am planning on picking Erik Johnson,Phil Kessel,Michael Frolik and Jordan Staal, knowing that I will not have the first overall pick and that I know for a fact that Backstrom will be chosen 1st.

First round choices are always a given but what I am looking for are steals that I can get later on in the 3rd,4th and hopefully even the 5th rounds. Are there any suggestions?? I can also draft players from previous years as long as they havnt played a NHL Game. Players I have found that I think I can get late are such as Alexander Yasyunov,Nigel Williams and Roman Voloshenko. This is a pool so only OFFENSE counts.

Opinions??

I'm in a keeper league too. Minnesota's Voloshenko wasn't drafted last year and I have him on my list to draft. After reading some online poolie mags, St. Louis' prospect Magnus Kahnberg might be a steal. He led the SEL in scoring a couple of years ago and was picked by St. Lou in the 2000 draft. Apparently he's coming over this season. He's not exactly a "prospect" but he might be able to get you 50 points if he ends up on the top 2 lines.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
director of drafting Trevor Timmins said he was one of the best skater of the draft and apparently its true for some of people who saw him in prospect camp actually

... and Timmins also said that Carle was the 2nd best defensmen passer after Johnson in the 06 draft, right now he seem's like a faster Brisebois, i just hope he learns to be more physical, it would be another steal for the Habs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->