Prospects that interest you... (2004 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

What players are you very interested in seeing your team draft?

This is for rounds 2-9... not round 1.

Players you've seen or have read up on.

leafaholix*

A few guys that I really would like the Leafs to draft...

Ryan Callahan - Great offensive skills... great skater... small, but smart.
Juraj Gracik - A big Slovak... made the jump to Div. 1 and put up great numbers.
Roman Tomanek - Not sure about him... but apparentely he's got skills.
Peter Guggisberg - I'm thinking another one of those Swiss steals... (no Cereda jokes).
Chad Painchaud - Great two-way forward... another Stajan type.
Blake Comeau - Raw powerforward... great skills.
David Shantz - Probably won't last past the 2nd round... but he'd be a steal.

Divine Wind

Leafaholix said:
What players are you very interested in seeing your team draft?

This is for rounds 2-9... not round 1.

Players you've seen or have read up on.

- SCHNEIDER, CORY: G; ranked 7th NA; GP - 24; GAA - 1.42; SO - 6; SV% - 0.956; 6' 2" and 195 lbs.

The oilers will most likely take at least one goalie in this draft, although i can not see them picking one in the first 2 rounds. Schneider would most likely still be around in the 4th round. An overabundance of good netminding prospects is never a bad thing IMO.

- ROGERS, ANDY: D; Ranked 24th NA; GP - 64; G - 1; A - 3; PM - 89; 6'5" and 206 lbs.

From everything i have heard from calgary fans, he has outplayed team mate Jeff Schultz(ranked 12th NA) most of the season. Could be a great 2/3 round grab for The oilers(Eg. Lynch).

- WHEELER, BLAKE: RW; ranked 17th NA; GP - 30; G - 45; A - 55; PM - 34; 6'3.5" and 185 lbs.

Could be that huge #'s like that came from playing against inferior opposition, but he skyrocketed up the rankings, and this could be a good Boom/Bust player for the Oilers in this draft in the 2nd round.

- BIRNER, MICHAL: W; ranked 68th EU: GP - 55; G - 25; A - 35; PM - 112; 6'0" and 183 lbs.

Sleeper pick for the Oilers, with top 6 potential. anyone who could provide a little bit more information on this player would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

- CERVENKA, ROMAN: C; ranked 145th EU; GP - 34; G - 20; A - 33; PM - 90; 5'11 and 172 lbs.

Looking at his #'s and stats alone, he seems like he doesn't mind the rough stuff, and has decent playmaking abilities, but as we all know, stats alone do not tell the whole story. Any additional info would be great if someone is familiar with CZE prospects.

- FUNK, MICHAEL: D; ranked 39th NA; GP - 71; G - 3; A - 25; PM - 86; 6'4" and 199 lbs.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Blake Wheeler. The kid has it all. Just needs to prove it against better competition when he goes to U. of Minn in a year.

TVanek26*

^^^^

I agree, I think Mike Card would be a lower round steal.

X-SHARKIE

Personally.....I think the Sharks need these two things, a powerforward in the system other then Bernier, So mabey if he falls to the 2nd, or mabey even use a late 1st on him....Adam Pineault draws my attention...I've seen more Moncton Wildcat games then any other Junior team over the past season, so I have seen alot of Bruce Graham....If the Sharks could get him that would be very very interesting. Blake Wheeler really catches my eye, Sharks have shown no hesitation to take a player out of High school, but it's usually from out east. I've seen Blake play and he is awesome. I havent seen any of the studs out east except for Scheider.

MY big one though is defensman....The Sharks always take a defensman in the top 2 rounds. I will be soooooo thrilled if the Sharks select Defensman Kyle Klubertanz....this guy screams the real deal...He's going to be a damn damn good defensman some day. Sharks selected Matt Carle out of the USHL last year and now he took control of the NCAA and was a huge huge reason for what Denver did, always out there in key situations, and out paced Ryan Suter quite a bit.

So really....A forward with some size and an edge, and a Defensman who can do some things offensivly.

eSabre

Dec 14, 2002
Nashville, TN
3rdmanin.wordpress.com
I'm hoping VIKTOR ALEXANDROV is going to drop into the 2nd round, like he is in most mock draft. I think he'd be a nice pickup for the Sabres. I also hope they take a look at local boy PATRICK KALETA in the late rounds. He went to St. Franny's before getting into the OHL, and might turn out to be a good pick.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
eSabre said:
I'm hoping VIKTOR ALEXANDROV is going to drop into the 2nd round, like he is in most mock draft. I think he'd be a nice pickup for the Sabres. I also hope they take a look at local boy PATRICK KALETA in the late rounds. He went to St. Franny's before getting into the OHL, and might turn out to be a good pick.

Kaleta is a Steve Webb clone... the puck is this guys kryptonite. He can run around and hit guys all he wants, but he has no talent and will turtle when challenged to a fight.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Fred Wikner as a late round pick for Ottawa. He rose some 20 spots in the CSS rankings since the mid term. Based on the Red line report that described him as maybe the dirtiest Swede since Ulf Samuelsson. Sounds like a potential disturber on the 4th line.

Kevin Maihiot based on (supposed) potential.

Bryan Bickell if he makes it past the first round. A potential power forward.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
eSabre said:

I've been looking at Alexandrov for about 2 years now.

I hope the Pens grab him.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Pasi Salonen - Rangked so low but this guy is absolutely amazing.

Peter Guggisberg - I saw only few clip on him WJC and i think he´s going to be steal this draft.

Lennart Petrell - Petrell don´t never let no one get cold (except somebody come front on him). He tackled Ladislav Smid WJC and Smid was knocked out. That tackl was clear but is very sad that Smid get concusion. He was one of the better players this year Finnis national A-junior league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->