Prospects that could make the biggest impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
iamcaper said:
Do you see Gusev with any kind of a chance to crack the top 6 on D in Chicago or is he going to always be on the outside looking in?

I like him, but I cant honestly see where theres any room for him. Ahead of him on the prospects depth chart are: Babchuk, Barinka, Seabrook, and Barker. Then add in young dmen already on the team like McCarthy and Vandermeer and it seems like he wont see top 6 time until one of the 6 mentioned are gone. Same goes for Lasse Kukkonen, he deserves to be a #6 or 7 dman over a couple guys we have now, and he is NHL ready, only with alot less upside than our top 4 D prospects. Just a couple guys who will always be overlooked IMO.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'm not really sure for other teams but I know on habs hossa has a good shot at making 2 line wing with Ribeiro and Ryder, and Hainsey has a good shot of making the top 6 on D. Then one of Higgins, Plekanec, Perezoighin or Kositisyn could make it.

NewHabsEra*

Definitively Lehtonen by a signifiant margin... I expect the Trashers make the playoffs this year and Lehtonen will be the main reason...

Habs have some nice NHL ready prospects to insert in their line-up.. It could be Plekanec (he is ready to make his mark at the next level, all depend where Julien plan to use him because our 3 first lines are filled at center but if ever one of them get injuried or if ever Ribeiro slow down, then Plekanec will be the wild card)

It could be Perezhogin... This kid is our most dangerous offensive weapon after Kostitsyn and is to me NHL ready... He has solid first line winger wrote all over him but his AHL suspension could make him out of the line-up for the 2004-2005 season (if ever there is a season). If ever Perezhogin crack the line-up, it will be in an offensive role and I would'nt be surprised if ever Julien use him with koivu.

Hossa has some consistency probs but you will see him in a Habs uniform all the season long cause he cant be sent down without clear the waiver... To me Hossa can replace Dagenais easily on the second line LW spot but could be a healthy scratch some night... It could be Marian's young brother blossoming season... He has size and all the skills required to become a solid top 6 in the NHL.

Then you have Kostitsyn... I dont know how much NHL ready he is but we never know, could surprise everybody at training camp and crack the line-up (what would surprise me a bit though)

Higgins could also crack the line-up and have a great rookie season...

Its not all our kids that will get a roster spot but they are all NHL ready or very close to be... Will be a very interesting season, especially for the Habs organisation if ever the NHLPA can contribute to an agreement.

If I'm a Leafs, Sens or Bruins fan, I'm starting to get a little bit worried about the blue-white-red jersey!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The most NHL ready prospects on the Kings are: Brown, Kanko, and Grebeshkov.

Phaneuf and Lehtonen are the two I'd bet to make the biggest impact.

Pat_Habs

Aug 7, 2004
For Habs...too many prospects are ready for the NHL and it's difficult to say who will be in team but anyone who makes the 1st or 2nd line in --Hossa, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin-- can be dangerous offensively.

For Avs...I seriously think that Svatos will be a calder candidate! :eek:

Fish

Feb 27, 2002
www.outsidethegarden.com
Well it depends on what you mean I prospects I guess. If you're talking guys who are yet to play an NHL game, then there's a handful in the Rangers organization who could have a chance of playing some in the NHL this season.

Chiefly amongst them would be Dwight Helminen who is probably destined to start in the AHL, but with the current lack of depth at center for the Rangers, there's a good chance he could see some significant ice time during the season. Ryan Hollweg probably also has a reasonable shot at some 3rd/4th line duty.

David Liffiton might also get some time on defense, but the Rangers do have a lot of young defensemen that he would have to outplay...same goes for Jake Taylor, although I'm not sure he'll even be able to cement a spot in Hartford to start the year.

Alexandre Giroux may get a look simply because there's such a lack of depth in the organization on the wings.

Rookies who are likely to either make the NHL roster or get ice time include (in no particular order): Thomas Pock, Maxim Kondratiev, Fedor Tyutin, Lawrence Nycholat, Martin Grenier and Bryce Lampman on defense...Garth Murray, Jozef Balej, Mike Green (if he gets signed), Dominic Moore and Chad Wiseman. Goaltending should include a few games for Labarbera if they continue with the roster as is.

There's some speculation (press or otherwise) over the potential of signing Nate Guenin or Marcus Jonasen to pro contracts too, though with the signing of Taylor, I'm not sure how serious they would be about bringing Guenin into an overloaded position.

Layne Ulmer might also get a game or two here and there.

Ultimately there are few players outside of Pock, Tyutin, Balej and perhaps Kondratiev and Moore who are expected to make much of an impact out of that bunch.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Stewart, 2nd/3rd line Center or wing-closest thing to a calder candidate in FLA
Globke-may make team, but doubtful, probably in AHL
Novak-also has a shot but prolly AHL bound
Krajicek, should make it but we've signed too many duds (Krapo, Kiwi, Cairns)
Campbell, probably will make it as a 4th line center or wing and possibly 3rd line
Olson-IMO AHL bound, but KEenan spoke highly of him

X-SHARKIE

I expect Kari Lehtonen and Alexander Ovechkin to be the top players.

For the Sharks

Milan Michalek and Marcel Goc well be in the top 9 rotation, Michalek actually could see top line ice time seeing he works perfectly with Marleau. Goc well be the third line center likely.

Steve Bernier has an outside chance of making the team but would likely get 4th line ice time.

DatsyukOwnzU

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
I dont think he'll be a calder canidate but the 2 for the Wings that I see having a good chance at making the big leagues are Kronwall(he's basically a lock to play next year) and possibly Frazen if he decides to jump shift and come to N. America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->