Prospects start heading to the AHL

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I noticed that. Unfortunately it was overshadowed by a 7-2 defeat. Caps prospect Andrew Joudrey had an assist in what was I think his 3rd pro game.

It was Joudrey's second game; goal in game 1, assist in game 2, +3 overall.

Pinizzotto has played 3 for the Bears and Collins 1 since signing ATOs, as well as pro contracts with the Washington organization starting next season.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Please, forget Mikus. This guy won't even come close to NHL.
For Maxwell, he's clearly not ready for pro hockey. That's it.
Finally, Ward, Hossa and Hainsey aren't better than what we have on the team. Ribeiro need to leave and Beauchemin is reliable D who's playing with great Ds.

What I meant was that we dont spend money on our prospect ...
we are cheap mother ****er !
We never go for top NCAA players or undrafted player and we never seem to develop them good working habit.
IMO Ribeiro with a good off ice program could have been one heck of a player.
Samething for lots of our players .. but the staff just beleive that it's the job of the player to get better. I would agree to a certain degree but sometimes when you dont see any result you should push them to get better a little bit!
Mikus has pro talent and he could definately learn.
Maxwell could get a tryout with the team not neceseraly start his pro career..
I just feel that if the habs had the will to improve our prospect we could be better.
Prime example the senators, they have one of the best developpement program i've ever seen. They train their players to have good working habit from the start, always doing extra training and biking after each games.
Thats how you develop good working habit, after that it becomes natural for their players to train and get better.
It's not a coincidence why they always have good teams.
Spezza major knock coming out of junior was his skating, the sens worked with him to get better and now he doesnt look slow at all.
Sometimes it needs more than just pure skills to make it to the NHL, it needs investment to the players!

Thats why the avalanche/devils/senators always get praised for their draft while IMO they are the best to maximize the potential of their prospects with good developpement program.

just my 2 cents.

nb: this is very common in soccer

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
What I meant was that we dont spend money on our prospect ...
we are cheap mother ****er !
We never go for top NCAA players or undrafted player and we never seem to develop them good working habit.
IMO Ribeiro with a good off ice program could have been one heck of a player.
Samething for lots of our players .. but the staff just beleive that it's the job of the player to get better. I would agree to a certain degree but sometimes when you dont see any result you should push them to get better a little bit!
Mikus has pro talent and he could definately learn.
Maxwell could get a tryout with the team not neceseraly start his pro career..
I just feel that if the habs had the will to improve our prospect we could be better.
Prime example the senators, they have one of the best developpement program i've ever seen. They train their players to have good working habit from the start, always doing extra training and biking after each games.
Thats how you develop good working habit, after that it becomes natural for their players to train and get better.
It's not a coincidence why they always have good teams.
Spezza major knock coming out of junior was his skating, the sens worked with him to get better and now he doesnt look slow at all.
Sometimes it needs more than just pure skills to make it to the NHL, it needs investment to the players!

Thats why the avalanche/devils/senators always get praised for their draft while IMO they are the best to maximize the potential of their prospects with good developpement program.

just my 2 cents.

nb: this is very common in soccer

i like all your points, thats why the Blues signed their part time trainer, he has alot of clients from other teams and is known all around the league and with the blues signing him to a contract that means no other player can go to him anymore, unless they play for the blues

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Price is in Hamilton, and Mikus' season has ended in Chicoutimi a long time ago, but no word on whether or not they will sign him and send him to Hamilton.

Mathieu Carle's team is a game away from elimination, it's possible he could be signed and sent to Hamilton if Rouyn-Noranda lose to Drummondville.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's called experience ..
Mikus could practise with the team in hamilton and see what the ahl is all about.
Price could play & get used to his new teammates.
Maxwell could sign a 10 day contract or something like that and get a feel of the AHL and what he needs to improve.

Habs managements are a big joke to that effect if we compare them with the rangers/avalanche.

They are also very poor to develop players through summer time (latendresse could be phenomenal if he works on his skating & get in better condioning, samething for Kostitsyn, lapierre could also bulk up a bit)

We have a good recruiting staff but we always developed bad : Jason Ward, Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey, Mike Ribeiro, François Beauchemin,etc.

Don't know about Mikus, maybe he was wore out after a long season. I'm not sure what the team will do with him next year. Maxwell missed 10 weeks then came back for the playoffs. I highly doubt the Habs would want to risk reinjury on someone that is just going to be back in the WHL next year. I don't know what the delay was in signing Price, I would think that they wanted to give him a couple days off after a long season with Tri City.

The Habs have sent a junior player to Hamilton at the end of the season every year. Price this year, Chipchura last year, Halak the year before, Danis the year before that and in Quebec they did the same thing with Hainsey. I would bet that Kostitsyn would be in Hamilton with Price had London been bounced from the playoffs and I suspect he will be in Hamilton if London is out any time soon.

As for the summer time, have you been to any of the Habs development camps? They look well run to me. I've seen Gainey, Savard, Jarvis, all there working with the players right after they are drafted. I've talked to the players and their family members about the camp and how great a experience it is for them to met Gainey and get a feel for what is expected of them. Latendresse has made great strides in his skating, he's got a lot of work to do but from his draft year to now he's made a lot of improvement imo. Did you get to see him in Drummondville by chance?

Kostitsyn has also turned his game around, yes it's taken a long time but it started with Jarvis who worked with him in Hamilton when he first came over to try and get him to learn how to play in his own end. Kostitsyn was very raw when he came over but slowly over the past 2+ years he's shown a large amount of progress in his defensive game and all round game. Players progress at different stages so some will take longer then others.

I am not saying the Habs are great at developing players cause in the past they sucked at it, but that changed when Savard and Gainey came to town. Our farm system improved by leaps and bounds and the team started to develop their own players better. At one point this year, almost half the team was made up of rookies and 2nd year players all drafted and developed by the Habs (aside from Murray) all from the '01 to '05 draft. Komisarek, Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Halak, Streit, Latendresse, all rookies or 2nd year players aside from Komisarek who was in his 2nd full season but he played parts of other seasons. Add Markov and Ryder from the '98 draft that were developed under Savard/Gainey (although they got lucky with Ryder since Julien was in the system and he was his former coach so he stuck his neck out to keep Ryder in Hamilton during the first year we were affliated with Hamilton)

Then add guys like Mikhail Grabovski, Duncan Milroy, J-P Cote, Jonathan Ferland and Yann Danis who have seen some time in the NHL in the past 2 seasons and soem of them could see more time next year. Cote wasn't drafted by us but we signed him as a Free Agent and developed him in Hamilton, Danis we may have gotten due to him being from Quebec, cause I know that a few teams tried to sign him out of the NCAA.

Last edited:

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
The Kings have signed Brian Boyle to an ATO. He will make his pro debut tonight for the Monarchs.

Although according to the Kings website it's Dan Boyle that they signed to an ATO, I don't think TB will be happy about that one.

boyle.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad