Prospects--snipers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BINGOV

Feb 13, 2003
Topolcany, Czech.
Visit site
Anyone care to take a stab at ranking the following prospects, in terms of their NHL potential as a goal scorer?

Konstantin Zakharov, stl
Alexei Shkotov, stl
Vojtech Polak, dal
Jussi Jokinen, dal
Petr Kanko, la
Konstantin Pushkarev, la
Alexander Radulov, nas
Aleksander Suglobov, nj
Petr Vrana, nj
Jozef Balej, nyr
Magnus Kahnberg, car

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
BINGOV said:
Vojtech Polak, dal
Jussi Jokinen, dal

I think Polak has an immense upside, he's been compared to Milan Hedjuk a lot and I don't think that 40 goals would be out of the question. However, he's a boom or bust type, he's unlikely to reach that level IMO.

Jussi Jokinen isn't exactly a sniper, but he could become a consistant 20/25 goal scorer. Maybe a peak year of 30 but I doubt it..

Lupul15

May 6, 2004
MTL
hey Ott=Snott, being a Dallas Stars' fan, how would you describe Eriksson as a player and his potential? and chance to reach it?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Lupul15 said:
hey Ott=Snott, being a Dallas Stars' fan, how would you describe Eriksson as a player and his potential? and chance to reach it?

According to my knowledge and information I gathered about him, he seems to be a Peter Forsberg type player. Not half as good ofcourse, but he has the same strenghts and plays the same style. A skilled forward, defensively responsible, can play a physical game when asked upon, heart, grit, etc. But he's very raw.. He has only played one season in the SEL, and while it was a huge succes being named the rookie of the year, I'm not predicting whether he will reach his potential since it's totally up in the air right now. I think we'll know more once he has a 2nd season under his belt.

degroat*

Zakharov is pretty much a Pavol Demitra clone if that tells you anything.

As far as Shkotov, his size might hold him back but if it doesn't he could be a 25-30 goal scorer.

BINGOV

Feb 13, 2003
Topolcany, Czech.
Visit site
Stich said:
Zakharov is pretty much a Pavol Demitra clone if that tells you anything.

As far as Shkotov, his size might hold him back but if it doesn't he could be a 25-30 goal scorer.

<<Zakharov is pretty much a Pavol Demitra clone>>

Really? So Zakharov is also very defensive minded, eh?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
BINGOV said:
<<Zakharov is pretty much a Pavol Demitra clone>>

Really? So Zakharov is also very defensive minded, eh?

1) Demitra does NOT play defense. He CAN play D but he choses not to.
2) Zakharov apparently made HUGE strides in the defensive zone this year.

I wouldn't say the comparisson is acurate due to their respective playing styles(Zakharov is a pure sniper(sets up in the slot and waits for a one timer) while Demitra is a playmaker that can finish). Actually, I would say that Shkotov's style more closely resembles Demitra's and that Zakharov projects as the 25-30 goal scorer( pretty much the opposite of what Stich said).

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Do not know how you can make any projections on Polak. Had a miserable year with only one goal playing limited minutes. He needs a new setting and should have been brought over. If this year is like last his development may be stalled beyond hope. Jokinin will be a more rounded player and Erikkson seems to be getting better all the time. He needs to gain weight and his future may be on the wing not center like Forsberg although he could eventually replace Arnott maybe. He could be the stars top prospect after this year although to some he may be already. We should know alot more after this year. Jokinin if he has a good year could be brought over as could hagos. Holtet may also be a sniper prospect and he will likely be in the AHL unless his defense is so awful, he sees EChl action

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
As said, Polak has huge upside, but he basically lost this past year of development due to very limited icetime, and chances are he's not ever gonna reach his Hejduk-like potential...Jokinen on the other hand will probably become a consistant 20 goal scorer or so...

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Pushkarev scored as many goals as Ovechkin in the WJC before his draft year so that should tell you about his potential.

And Kanko isn't a sniper he's more of a grinder who can finish and have an excelent all-around game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Frolov said:
Pushkarev scored as many goals as Ovechkin in the WJC before his draft year so that should tell you about his potential.

And Kanko isn't a sniper he's more of a grinder who can finish and have an excelent all-around game.

But didn't Push do that in the 2nd tier division at the WJC's since he was on the Kazakh team?

GoPenguins

Mar 29, 2003
Albany, NY
Visit site
I know they aren't listed, but what does anyone think about the potential upside for Pens sniper prospects Sergei Anshakov and Patrik Bartschi?

I am thinking that Anshakov will likely get to play on a future line with Malkin. I believe they have played on a line before, and can hopefully expect some chemistry there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i don't know about balej as a sniper really...at least not at first. he seems to have a great nose for the net but i get a feeling it'll take him a bit to find the net consistantly in the NHL...he also has some slick passing skills and sometimes passes instead of shooting from what i've seen

i think he'll be a finisher but i wouldn't expect like 50 goals or something...

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
BINGOV said:
Anyone care to take a stab at ranking the following prospects, in terms of their NHL potential as a goal scorer?

Konstantin Zakharov, stl
Alexei Shkotov, stl
Vojtech Polak, dal
Jussi Jokinen, dal
Petr Kanko, la
Konstantin Pushkarev, la
Alexander Radulov, nas
Aleksander Suglobov, nj
Petr Vrana, nj
Jozef Balej, nyr
Magnus Kahnberg, car

Lukas Kaspar is the defenition of a sniper

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Levitate said:
i don't know about balej as a sniper really...at least not at first. he seems to have a great nose for the net but i get a feeling it'll take him a bit to find the net consistantly in the NHL...he also has some slick passing skills and sometimes passes instead of shooting from what i've seen

i think he'll be a finisher but i wouldn't expect like 50 goals or something...

if things don't change we might not be expecting 50 goals from anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad