Prospects On Other Teams You Like

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Alexander Burmistrov (Whatever team gets him for chump change)
:cry:

I like Pulock and Theodore a lot too. At the draft I had a feeling Chevy was going to go for a defensemen two years in a row and so I really researched them; the whole time I wanted one of Pulock, Morrissey or Theordore.

Luckily I got my wish

I would like to see the Habs go after him if he decides to return to the NHL.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Juuse Saros - Best Finnish goalie prospect since Kari Lehtonen. Kid is going to be absolute stud. Huge steal from 4th round by Nashville. I would trade a lot to get Saros to the Oilers.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Juuse Saros - Best Finnish goalie prospect since Kari Lehtonen. Kid is going to be absolute stud. Huge steal from 4th round by Nashville. I would trade a lot to get Saros to the Oilers.

I still think it's funny that a team known for huge goalies took him. Can't wait until he travels to NA so I can see him in action more.

TheOriginalSilf*

Living in Sudbury, my #1 choice would be Nicholas Baptiste. Love this kid. Sabres got a great value pick in the 3rd round.

Elsewhere, I'll go with Darnell Nurse.

Jonteeh

Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Peter Cehlarik (BOS)

Alex Galchenyuk (MTL)

Sebastian Collberg (MTL)

John Gaudreau (CGY)

Daniel Gunnarsson (MIN)

Johan Gustafsson (MIN)

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Mark McNeil, John Hayden in Chicago.

JT Compher, Connor Hurley, Eric Locke, Jake McCabe in Buffalo.

Michael Downing, Evan Cowley, Chris Clapperton, Ian McCoshen in Florida.

Eric Comrie, Jimmy Lodge, Nic Petan, JC Lipon, Lukas Sutter, Tucker Poolman, Adam Lowry, Scott Kosmachuk in Winnipeg.

I'm jealous, as an Oiler fan, of the Jets size and toughness in their system....exactly what the Oilers always claim they need, draft in and draft out, but never seem to take enough of. :(

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
#1. John Gibson:
Amazing goalie, showed his potential at last year's WJC.
#2. Nick Bjugstad:
Huge center with interesting upside.

#3. Teuvo Teravainen:
Elite skill set and high upside.
#4. Zemgus Girgensons:
Bergeron 2.0, elite 2 way play.
#5. Nikita Zadorov:
Big, physical defenseman that the Habs need desperately, wanted to draft him.

(If they count as under the radar prospects)

Huge improvement in his game from last year to this. Love the way our center depth is shaping up with Bjugstad and Barkov up the middle.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Wow, so many to choose from its hard to know where to start, I'm a Ranger fan so here goes:

Ouellette - Kid looks like a future NHL all-star to me, wow what a skater and such good instincts, I think he's going to be awesome.

Nyquist - 200 foot player, really nice offensive instincts, unselfish, I could go on....

Nic Petan - Who wouldn't want this guy, if he can stay healthy he's really going to be something to watch.

Adam Lowry - Love his game, at 6'5 adn the way he skates, I just see a dominant player in a few years.

Shea Theodore, Josh Morrissey, love both of them, think they will be very high end talents.

Kucherov - Is going to be a sensation a la Tarasenko, Yakupov etc, needs another 10 pounds to survive the NHL but what speed and offense, WOW

On the more obscure side, I like Erik Haula, I just see Andrew Shaw written all over that guy. Also really like Michael Ferland, who changes the way the opposition plays when he's on the ice, he is downright "country tough" without being a goon.

Sven Andrighetto - If he can physically hold up he is such a gifted player, special ability to see the ice, so fun to watch skate.

Special non-prospect prospect jealousy award to Burmistrov, who was criminally mishandled in Winnipeg by a borderline incompetent coach. He's such a special talent, a great puck possessor and is one of the very few guys that each team has that truly make the other guys around him better. And the Jets screwed things up so bad that the guys finally said ******* This, I'm outta here.

I could go on & on Nick Baptiste, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Myles Bell, Andre Burakovsky, Madison Bowey, Jon Diaby all deserve mention as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow, I'm a Collberg fan, but shocked you have him that high. May I ask why? Not complaining, as I'm a Habs fan, so I take it as a compliment. :laugh:

Really like his speed, shot and hands. Not sure he'll ever amount to anything but he's really exciting to watch and loved watching him in the WJC.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Really? It was a surprise that he even got drafted. :laugh:

Not really, although I was definitely surprised to see him drafted so early. A player like him would've probably gone in one of the later rounds if Philly decided to pass.

Can you explain why you are so enamored with Goulbourne? Most flyers fans feel he was a reach

Most of the prospects I like are fairly high profile ones that have already been mentioned numerous times in this thread. I just like Goulbourne's tenacity and could see him becoming a useful spark plug on somebody's 4th line down the road.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I really like all Oiler's prospects. They give you a sense of future, hope, continuity.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Reid Boucher (NJ)
Nick Cousins (PHI)
Oliver Bjorkstrand (CLB)
Nic Kerdiles (ANA)
Chris Tierney (SJ)
Vince Trochek (FLA)
Drew Shore (FLA)
Riley Barber (WAS)

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Big fan of Anthony Mantha. Really wanted the flyers to take him with our pick before the draft, but I'm very happy with Morin too.

I also really like JT Miller (everything except the team he plays for), Elias Lindholm, Rasmus Ristolainen, Ryan Strome, Joel Armia and Griffin Reinhart.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Huge improvement in his game from last year to this. Love the way our center depth is shaping up with Bjugstad and Barkov up the middle.

Always had a feeling he would be a good player.

Super jelly of FLA's center depth with Barkov and Bjugstad down the middle as a 1-2 punch.:cry:

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
As someone who went to UND I hope all of them succeed but I especially like Jordan Schmaltz and Kristo. Back home on vacation this week so I went to both Sioux games. Schmaltz was absolutely dominant Friday night. Dude just controls the game when he's out there. Excellent first pass, great instincts on the Pk and commands the puck on the PP. And his physical game is coming along as well which could be a result of being paired with Simpson. The Blues have a good one on their hands...

As for Kristo, like his game a lot. Very good skater, not afraid to go anywhere on the ice and good vision. Capable of playing anywhere on lines 1-3. Despite the fact that he's in the NYR system now I wish him luck. Although he's going to have a mess on his hands sooner rather than later :laugh:

LongIslandHabFan

Oct 18, 2013
Nic Petan, McCoshen, Tristan Jarry and Zykov all come to mind since last year's draft is still fresh in my memory.

Reid Boucher and most of NJ's D prospects (Severson, Gelinas, Santini) also have caught my attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad