Prospects On Other Teams You Like

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Who are some prospects on teams other than your own that you like:

Also not top tier prospect I'm talking non high profile prospects:

For me:

Scott Kosmachuk (WPG 2012 3-70)- The big one for me has to be Kosmachuk, Wow. He's physical, hardworking, and can snipe, I think he will make Team Canada for the WJC and IMO is a lock to be a good two way second liner who can bang and score.

Chris Tierney (SJS 2012 2-55)- Stud third liner with great two way ability and competes like a dog out there. Loved his game at the Mem cup and really think he will thrive in the Sharks system.

Joel Edmundson (2011 2-46)- Big, mobile, and nasty Edmundson brings a very nice package to the table he has a hammer from the point and is a great leader, he will take a while but I think the Blues have yet another stud blue liner on they're hands.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Frankie Corrado(VAN) is going to become a great defenseman, I caught some Canucks game last year and was very impressed by the kid. Did not look out of place whatsoever, and I'm curious as to why he is down in Utica.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
my two favourite players from last draft were Horvat and Shinkaruk. sigh...Vancouver.

I like Strome a lot.

Edit. I just noticed you said not top tier prospects. ... bolded it everything. :laugh:

Christien

May 1, 2010
Nikita Kucherov. I've been a huge fan of him since about a year before he was drafted.

John Gibson. Excellent goalie.

Valeri Nichushkin. Good already and will only get better.

EDIT: caught what the OP said late. Oh well...

Last edited:

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Mike McCarron - MTL/London (OHL) - Huge power forward, hasn't really been tearing up the OHL this season, but I think the point production will come sooner or later.

Hudson Fasching - LA/U. of Minnesota (NCAA) - Another similar winger from last year's draft. I think he fits really well into LA's style of hockey.

Janne Juvonen - NSH/Pelicans (FIN) - Could be another late-round Finnish goalie steal for the Predators. Was considered as a possible first rounder before last season, but had a tough winter and was lucky to be picked. Talented, but doesn't have a big frame.

Jani Hakanpää - STL/Chicago (AHL) - Big defenseman, will never be an offensive force in NHL, but could have a long career as a shutdown pairing guy. A natural leader. His skating isn't smooth by any means, but that's one of the cons of being 6'5''.

Jordan Subban - VAN/Belleville (OHL) - Getting underrated because of his name. Good puck-moving, offensive D-man, who's almost PPG this season in OHL.

HM: Detroit's prospect pool. Guys like Pulkkinen, Jurco, Frk, Tvrdon, Ouellet... I'm jealous.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Dimitrij Jaskin(STL), Gemel Smith(DAL), Mike Halmo(NYI), Francis Beauvillier(FLA) and Robbie Russo(NYI) off the top of my head.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Frankie Corrado(VAN)... I'm curious as to why he is down in Utica.

They seem to be giving him the Chris Tanev treatment of hard minutes in the AHL for the first year he's pro, then gradual integration. Last spring they played him out of need and he just happened to excel; once other d-men returned from injury he was still the best option so he stayed.

This year their top 6 is deeper (especially with the addition of Stanton) and they've decided a big workload in Utica where he'll see plenty of PP, PK and EV beats Tortorella's typical 3rd pairing treatment. He'll see NHL games when injuries inevitably strike.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
well before this season I would have said Anderson for the Ducks :/ but will go with another Duck in William Karlsson, and Vince Trochek from Florida

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
I don't know if Kucherov and Severson count as high profile or not, but those are two guys that I really like a lot right now.

giddy up*

It's nice to see a thread that's not a bunch of homers pimping their own players. Refreshing.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I'm pretty fond of the following players .....

Petr Mrazek, Scott Harrington, Joe Morrow, Tomas Jurco, Marko Dano and Connor Hurley.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Josh Morrissey, Nic Petan, Hampus Lindholm, Jonathan Drouin, Ryan Hartman, Alexander Wennberg, Nikita Zadorov, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Frederik Gauthier are some of the prospects of other clubs that I really like.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Mikael Wikstrand- Ottawa
Artturi Lehkonen- Montreal
Nick Jensen- Detroit (been injured all year unfortunately)

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Morgan Reily , Nikita Zadorov , Rasmus Ristolainen, *Sean Monahan ( I'm also an Ottawa native ). Give a few years and Buffalo's D is going to be a huge pain to play against. Whenever I see Monahan play it reminds me of towes. I don't pay much attention to lower teir prospects though. Reily will be a good PMD and at least has size on his side.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Nathan Condon - Colorado - Blazing fast. Good shot, very good hands. Great penalty killer. Plays hard every shift with an improving two-way game.

Josh Anderson - Columbus - Tough as nails, ultra-competitive winger. You can play him on any line and see success. He skates well, has good hands, and a good shot. Great two-way player with an edge. Fantastic development curve. Perfect team player.

Nick Moutrey - Columbus - Very inconsistent, but when on he can dominate a game. Great set of mitts, big shot. Improving defensive game and skating. Long shot prospect, but has tons of upside.

Alex Guptill - Dallas - Big, goal scorer with lots of upside. Moves well, protects the puck well, and can really shoot the puck. Tough season thus far, but you can't ignore his two previous seasons.

Joel Edmundson - St Louis - Massive, defensive defenceman who has started to show offensive upside. Gets around well enough and has a big shot. Loves to throw his weight around.

Riley Barber - Washington - He's ripped the NCAA apart since joining the league. He's a complete player with good upside. His best asset is his hockey sense.

Bigger names that I like: Zach Nastasiuk (DET), Damon Severson (NJD), Adam Pelech (NYI), and Josh Leivo (TOR).

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
Frankie Corrado(VAN) is going to become a great defenseman, I caught some Canucks game last year and was very impressed by the kid. Did not look out of place whatsoever, and I'm curious as to why he is down in Utica.

The two biggest reasons are he needs more minutes and our top 6 is full with Bieksa, Edler, Garrison, Tanev, Hamhuis and Stanton. All 6 guys have just been playing solid minutes and using them well, with Stanton securing that 6th spot as he's looked really good so far, there won't be any room for awhile unless Canucks make a trade.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Dmitri Jaskin - Just very good player and every time i've seen him play he has been dominant. Would absolutely love to have him in Washington.

Joel Armia - Another player with sky-high potential and very dominant when he is rolling.

Griffin Reinhart - Just a defensive beast, exactly what Washington would need. Jealous.

John Gibson - Top goalie prospect for a reason. Seems to be ready to be a stud in the NHL for years to come.

thegutter

May 22, 2011
frankie corrado, jordan subban, nic petan,william carrier, madison bowey, nikita kucherov, vlad namestnikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->