Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Bears submitted their opening day roster to the ECHL. While it's not official, it should look like this:

TB guys: bold, SJ guys: italics

(dress 10)
Fejes-LeBlanc-Shaw
Dunn-McAuley-Fournier
Pedersen-Lalancette-Schoenborn
Olson-Thompson-Ranger
Siiro

(dress 6)
Valleau-Donaghey
Monfredo-Brodzinski
Boutet-Mann
xxxx-Todd
xxxx-McGurty

Ouellette/Boes

IR:
Forwards: Fitze-Lough-Kalk
Defense: LD Shoup

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First pro goal for Sosunov

First collegiate goal for Cole Guttman (#19). Guttman is the 1st line center for #10 Denver.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Last two games the Crunch have looked young, inexperienced, and played like boys against men. The last commnet was echoed by the head coach in the post game interview. Cerank has been bad to be nice and horrible to be honest. After his strong showing last year and in pre-season camp, he looks like a fresh faced rookie playing against men for the first time this season. I know it is early, the Crunch have a LOT of injuries to players who were supposed to start the year playing at this level, and it took them a month to get moving in the same direction last season, so I will wait and see.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Last two games the Crunch have looked young, inexperienced, and played like boys against men. The last commnet was echoed by the head coach in the post game interview. Cerank has been bad to be nice and horrible to be honest. After his strong showing last year and in pre-season camp, he looks like a fresh faced rookie playing against men for the first time this season. I know it is early, the Crunch have a LOT of injuries to players who were supposed to start the year playing at this level, and it took them a month to get moving in the same direction last season, so I will wait and see.

Don't all Crunch seasons start this way?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Last year, Syracuse got a lot out of rookies Volkov, Cirelli, Joseph, and Stephens. Collectively this years group of Barre-Boulet, Raddysh, and Katchouk, lack the 2 way game of those guys, but are more offensively talented I think. But just like last season, the faster you can get those young guys up to speed, the better.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Time will tell. There are a lot of important parts that were supposed to be factors in the Syracuse puzzle on IR while some of the kids playing for the Crunch right now should be in Orlando. Three games is too soon to judge, but we can point out what needs improvement and what seems fine. That being typed, the group in Syracuse needs time to get used to each other and learn to play as a team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Last year, Syracuse got a lot out of rookies Volkov, Cirelli, Joseph, and Stephens. Collectively this years group of Barre-Boulet, Raddysh, and Katchouk, lack the 2 way game of those guys, but are more offensively talented I think. But just like last season, the faster you can get those young guys up to speed, the better.

Seems like there's a large group of kids coming in every year, and it takes them 30-40 games to catch up. I can't remember how many games Peca played there last year, but it seemed like the majority of the season. Losing him and Joseph won't be easy, at least until Raddysh and Katchouk figure out how to play at AHL speed. Probably doesn't help that, apparently, Cernak hasn't been great either.

It just seems like every year we don't really know what we have in Syracuse until almost the halfway point. And then it turns out to be a little bit better than it might have appeared until then.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Conacher cleared, Martel in for a conditioning stint and they just acquired Hults. Lynch is also getting close to returning. Have to think they are planning on sending a few guys down to Orlando, not sure they'll make it before the season opener but should before the games on monMon and Tuesday.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Conacher cleared, Martel in for a conditioning stint and they just acquired Hults. Lynch is also getting close to returning. Have to think they are planning on sending a few guys down to Orlando, not sure they'll make it before the season opener but should before the games on monMon and Tuesday.
The Bears season opener? That ship has sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->