Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

http://boltprospects.com

Take a look at their ranking, it's pretty much the best info around for Bolts prospects.

I would likely put Erik Cernak into my top10 and maybe even G Connor Ingram, who I think has starter potential. Other than that, the top3 are all easily a step above the rest IMO. After that it gets very close.. Guys like Dotchin, Stephens, Koekkoek, Erne have all very "safe" routes to the NHL, Raddyish ist kind of the high upside wildcard. He has all the things to be a star in this league, but the toolbox is a bit in question IMO.

All the way down to #16 are guys that are likely to at least have a sniff in the NHL.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
http://boltprospects.com

Take a look at their ranking, it's pretty much the best info around for Bolts prospects.

I would likely put Erik Cernak into my top10 and maybe even G Connor Ingram, who I think has starter potential. Other than that, the top3 are all easily a step above the rest IMO. After that it gets very close.. Guys like Dotchin, Stephens, Koekkoek, Erne have all very "safe" routes to the NHL, Raddyish ist kind of the high upside wildcard. He has all the things to be a star in this league, but the toolbox is a bit in question IMO.

All the way down to #16 are guys that are likely to at least have a sniff in the NHL.

Thank you very much!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of these players who made their NHL debut last season?

Adam Erne
Tanner Richard
Brayden Point
Jake Dotchin
Matthew Peca

I don't know about the rest but Dotchin has the potential of Orr and floor of Lidstrom.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of these players who made their NHL debut last season?

Adam Erne
Tanner Richard
Brayden Point
Jake Dotchin
Matthew Peca

erne might be 20-50 guy in time richard bolted overseas
point is a 25-50 guy
dotchin think might last both years he is about to sign here might get moved
peca 15-35 guy for now if gets time he is smallish not as good as gourde right now a year younger and def not up to points numbers

Tampa Bay Lightningâ€ÂVerified account @TBLightning 19m19 minutes ago
More
We have re-signed Matthew Peca to a one-year, two-way contract.

ðŸ“Â: http://tbl.co/pecasigns

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Adam Erne
Tanner Richard
Brayden Point
Jake Dotchin
Matthew Peca

Erne only scored a few goals but was a great energy player for out bottom 6. If everything goes right I think he'll be a top 6 power forward scoring about 50 points. Ryan Callahan is a great comparable in mu opinion.

Richard is once again a great energy player who hits everything that moves. Could be a bottom 6 player in the NHL but he's going to Europe for next season I think. He's not useless with the puck either (34 points in 47 AHL games). It's a shame he's leaving because I think he definitely could have been our 4th line center with Boyle being traded last season.

Point was struggling at the beginning of the year with his scoring. He was on page for about 30 points (?) and wasn't able to score. Like at all. Then at one point he broke his hand and didn't play for about a month. After he came back he was like a different player. He was a legit top 6 forward after that and finished an impressive rookie season with 18 goals and 40 points in 68 games. Depending on whether he plays 3C behind Stamkos and Johnson or top 6 wing next season I think he could score 50-55 points.

I don't think anyone was really that excited about Dotchin making his NHL debut. But he was a BIG help for our defense. He was good on his own but when we moved him alongside Hedman, that was when he really started helping our D. He allowed us to move Strålman down to 2nd pairing and our depth on defense was much better after that. He always goes for the simple play and that's what makes him as good as he is. If he can even keep up his play from last year and we can keep him with Hedman, it's a big help for us.

I have to say I don't remember much about Peca, so maybe someone can fill me in on him. He has decent AHL numbers and was ok with his stint for us as far as I can remember. I'm sure he'll get some NHL time next season with injuries but I don't think he is in our long term plans.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Blujus still not picked up by anyone ... was the injury career ending? Locker room issues? There is something real fishy here.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Gusev signs a 2 year extension to stay in KHL per Boltprospects. Giving his rights away doesn't look that bad at all now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

AHL guys on two-way NHL deals can go to the Olympics. I'm not sure how they would qualify someone is an AHLer rather than an NHL player. Games played most likely. TB could scoot Point down the day they need to be there and be off to SK. Not sure that's what they intend.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

AHL guys on two-way NHL deals can go to the Olympics. I'm not sure how they would qualify someone is an AHLer rather than an NHL player. Games played most likely. TB could scoot Point down the day they need to be there and be off to SK. Not sure that's what they intend.

this is huge decision a wow

not sure how the canadian roster will fill out now or change but could see some americans if we got any in the pipe

am seriously hoping for foote to play in olympics that would be awesome

id think if we havent played him cernak would play for slovakia yan might have a shot for usa but doubt it myself hoping though:) masin and hajek? for czech id say odds are good at least one goes? rest are basically canadians so doubt if any one gets on can hope though

so is some shots at least:)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
That sucks for Conacher. I'd think he would have had a good shot at it.

As for Point, I can't see him being let go.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Could Spencer be ECHL abound? He's gotta be 7/8 on the depth chart in Syracuse now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Could Spencer be ECHL abound? He's gotta be 7/8 on the depth chart in Syracuse now.

ECHL would be surprising I think from looking at his profile.

Kevin Lynch, Nic Riopel, and maybe Alex Gallant seem like the best candidates for the ECHL. Gallant really only because the league is currently rewarding roughness and you get him some games.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Love this signing for the Crunch. McNeill is scarey tough, and does not hurt the team when he is on the ice by taking foolish penalties. Between Gallant and McNeill, the Crunch now have a one-two punch that should make opponents think twice about taking liberties with the more skilled kids. Reminds me of Matt Carkner at the AHL level. This makes the loss of Witkowski easier to understand. As much as I like Wit, I would rather have McNeill.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyone who follows better then me wanna take a stab at what they think the Crunch lines will look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad