Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It’s important to remembered that the AHL is a developmental league and to temper expectations of juniors superstars and also to remember that the nhl playoffs is mostly just luck and that crying in the shower is a healing process.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm looking towards the draft and can't help but wonder if we aren't gonna nab more Russians. A guy like Alex Khovanov or Kirill Nizhnikov may be of interest to us

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
lol what a name. What a freaking name! I can't say I had kept up much with the KHL. Can you tell me anything about him

A bit of a late bloomer. Wasn't that thought of prior to the season as he didn't have much of a track record to go on. Had one of the better seasons in the MHL of any draft eligible player, outproduced guys who are top 3 round talents. Really good offensive skill set, skating is ok so needs a little work there and his play without the puck could improve. Decent sized kid as he's 6' or 6'1 depending on the source. Signed for next year so will be staying over for another year, has played just 1 VHL game so not sure what league he plays in. Most likely starts in the MHL with some VHL and KHL sprinkled in, if he keeps his play up from last year he should stick in the KHL by the end of the year. Then you get into issues with him signing there long term and not coming over. As for where he gets drafted it's hard to say, I've seen him go anywhere from the 2nd to 5th. I wouldn't be too upset if we took him in the 2nd but prefer we waited to the 3rd if possible.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
That guy left out Cernak, Spencer, and Sosunov on D. Also they have the AHL vet rule to deal with... can only dress 5 vet skaters.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Did Cirelli play alot with Stamkos and Kucherov when he came up? I noticed he had a crazy hot start

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did Cirelli play alot with Stamkos and Kucherov when he came up? I noticed he had a crazy hot start

No. He played 3rd and 4th line pretty much all the time. I think he had some PK shifts with Point.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We need to stop drafting Russians until we have their Visas figured out. Need to see what this Semykin is all about so I can crap all over him if he's not good enough.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
We need to stop drafting Russians until we have their Visas figured out. Need to see what this Semykin is all about so I can crap all over him if he's not good enough.

To be fair we had a very similar reaction to Volkov last year, and so far that kid has been a gem for us.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
To be fair we had a very similar reaction to Volkov last year, and so far that kid has been a gem for us.

Volkov came to development camp, signed his ELC and stayed to play for Syracuse. Semykin isn't making camp and I'm not sure what his status is for rookie camp later in the year. I'm just saying that if these kids are throwing their names in the hat to be drafted they should have all their Visa stuff or whatever they need figured out so they can come over after the draft to meet the organization.

My man Saku Salminen couldn't wait to come over to development camp every year.

Reactions: Stamper

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Ross Colton just signed. Leaving college for the Crunch

I count 15 forwards headed to the Crunch already, now add Colton. Going to be crowded. Probably Andreoff also.

Alexander Volkov - Gabriel Dumont - Mathieu Joseph
Boris Katchouk - Mitchell Stephens - Taylor Raddysh
Michael Bournival - Alex Barre-Boulet - Carter Verhaeghe
Dennis Yan - Otto Somppi - Daniel Walcott
Olivier Archambault - Kevin Lynch - Jonne Tammela

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
wondering how your top 10 prospect list might look now that the draft is over. foote, katchouk, stephens, joseph. where
does fortier fit in? any sleepers sneaking into the list?

Foote, Katchouk, Jospeh, Volkov, Stephens, Raddysh, Cernak, Fortier, Ingram, Barre-Boulet. Sleeper to keep an Eye on: Otto Somppi, Could see him become the Next Palat for us..
Volkov is rather unknown Outside of Tampa too, I guess.
Masin and Verhaeghe are the next two on my List, are both close to a cup of coffee in the NHL IMO, but plenty of other guys are as well so we“ll see.

Obviously leaving out Erne, Koekkoek and Cirelli from the List

Reactions: neelynugs

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
wondering how your top 10 prospect list might look now that the draft is over. foote, katchouk, stephens, joseph. where
does fortier fit in? any sleepers sneaking into the list?

That draft didn't do anything for our top 10 as I don't have Fortier cracking it. It really didn't do anything for the top 15 as Fortier is the only one I move into that range at 11. I have to reevaluate the 15-25 kids but I really don't see this draft class even pushing those kids out. This draft is definitely one of those that you need 3-4 years before you can judge it. My top 15 would be.

1. Foote
2. Joseph
3. Katchouk
4. Stephen's
5. Raddysh
6. Volkov
7. Cernak
8. Masin
9. Ingram
10. Verheaghe
11. Fortier
12. Yan