Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Retweeted Lightning Insider (@Erik_Erlendsson):

Dylan Blujus, Jonathan Racine and Henri Ikonen do not receive qualifying offers from #tblightning

Retweeted Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning):

We've issued qualifying offers to Bournival, Dotchin, Gudlevskis, Johnson, Koekkoek, McGinn, Palat, Peca, & Richard. https://t.co/AcUH1oFWep

interesting is blujus not offered and richard and gudlevskis offered didnt expect those

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Retweeted Lightning Insider (@Erik_Erlendsson):

Dylan Blujus, Jonathan Racine and Henri Ikonen do not receive qualifying offers from #tblightning

Retweeted Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning):

We've issued qualifying offers to Bournival, Dotchin, Gudlevskis, Johnson, Koekkoek, McGinn, Palat, Peca, & Richard. https://t.co/AcUH1oFWep

interesting is blujus not offered and richard and gudlevskis offered didnt expect those

My guess it's to hold their rights, Richard is definitely going to Switzerland maybe Gudlevskis has European plans himself. Blujus makes no sense since he was good and our most experienced RD, has to be something in the works because you can't go into the year with Thomas as your most experienced RD.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
blues didnt give yakupov one either might go down as biggest bust in history?

idk man... you've been around this game a long time and you'd be qualified to know... a bigger bust than Daigle? Than the older (cant remember if it was Pierre or Sylvain) Turgeon? Brian Lawton? A bigger bust than Fogarty after breaking Orr's records?

Yakupov came into a very bad situation and then got sentenced to death playing in St. Louis. I say critics need to give the kid a chance.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
idk man... you've been around this game a long time and you'd be qualified to know... a bigger bust than Daigle? Than the older (cant remember if it was Pierre or Sylvain) Turgeon? Brian Lawton? A bigger bust than Fogarty after breaking Orr's records?

Yakupov came into a very bad situation and then got sentenced to death playing in St. Louis. I say critics need to give the kid a chance.

Lol - he's just finished his fifth year in the league. He has been gifted offensive opportunities his entire career. He's just not good.

And yeah - biggest bust of the modern draft. Lawton was better.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yakupov just doesn't have hockey iq. I remember watching him in world juniors and thinking. "How the hell did this guy go first?"

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lol - he's just finished his fifth year in the league. He has been gifted offensive opportunities his entire career. He's just not good.

And yeah - biggest bust of the modern draft. Lawton was better.

You're making a fair enough point but Yak went to a tire fire Oilers team and went through the motions of being a rookie in a shortened season. Then perhaps the worst coach in modern history takes over and completely wrecks the kid's confidence. We saw it happen to Connolly after he was sent down to the AHL the 2nd time and I'm starting to wonder if that didn't happen to Yakupov. He didn't stand a chance with Eakins or Hitchcock. I forgot who they replaced Eakins with but Yak caught fire and briefly started looking like that 1st overall again. Then under Todd Mac he did great for a while there. But in typical hot and cold Russian fashion he slumped on and off again. By that time I think he had almost given up. He was done with Edmonton because he knew they were done wit him. He honestly needed a fresh start the year prior by his 3rd year. Then he goes to St. Louis to play checking line under Hitchcock? Never had a chance.

The whole "He has no IQ" thing is a bit overblown. He thinks the game fine. He's good some night and others not so much but the biggest problem I see is that tries too hard to be his hero Pavel Bure and completely fails at it. It's low IQ hockey to try to win in skill alone and he does it ALL the time. He got away with it all the way through juniors and never broke the habit. I think that's where the deficit is. Put him on a rush and I can't imagine he's gonna screw it up any worse than Namestnikov.

I think our Russian posters can back me up on this but confidence and swagger is EVERYTHING to a young, Russian player. He loses that and it's like a bad rendition of Austin Powers losing his mojo.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And Lawton was better? I can't say I saw him play but I remember reading an article that said that after a few years the North Stars GM outright admitted that if they could've done things over they'd have drafted Tom Barrasso.

And a bigger bust than Pat Stefan? That's rough dude.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
To me, Daigle will forever be the biggest bust in history because he was also a toolbag. "Nobody remembers #2", but we all remember that you flopped and Chris Pronger made the HHOF.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our mystery monster, 6'8, 240 lbs, Oleg Sosunov, is coming out of hiding and heading to Moosejaw in the fall.

I honestly forgot this guy was still in the organization.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Our mystery monster, 6'8, 240 lbs, Oleg Sosunov, is coming out of hiding and heading to Moosejaw in the fall.

I honestly forgot this guy was still in the organization.

Is he actually going to report? We can't even get him over for the development camp for a week the past two years, not sure he makes it across just yet. It would be good for him to come since he wasn't getting a ton of minutes in the MHL. His game would be better on smaller ice in a physical league like the WHL.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Not sure if that means Hunter expecting him because he's been drafted, or if they've gotten confirmation from him. It'd be great to get a chance to follow him.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

If he's going to rookie camp then he will be playing in Moose Jaw this season.

Hope he impresses and is assigned to the Crunch instead of Moose Jaw. We only have Masin and Walcott signed at the LHD position at this point (Taormina UFA).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hope he impresses and is assigned to the Crunch instead of Moose Jaw. We only have Masin and Walcott signed at the LHD position at this point (Taormina UFA).

That would be a huge mistake. He's not ready in the least. He's going to have some issues just in the CHL, they'll eat him alive in Syracuse. Him coming over is nice but it also forces our hand with a contract I believe, he might need to be signed after next year if he spends the entire year in the CHL.

I hope they bring back Taormina.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That would be a huge mistake. He's not ready in the least. He's going to have some issues just in the CHL, they'll eat him alive in Syracuse. Him coming over is nice but it also forces our hand with a contract I believe, he might need to be signed after next year if he spends the entire year in the CHL.

I hope they bring back Taormina.

That's why I said "hope he impresses" meaning hope he is ready. I want Taormina back as well...he may be looking for 2 year contract same as Conacher and Dumont. With Sergachev (if we give him the slow route) and Hajek turning pro next season and Masin already in Syracuse. We might just be figuring out the term ... not enough ice time for everyone if Sergachev goes the AHL route.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That's why I said "hope he impresses" meaning hope he is ready. I want Taormina back as well...he may be looking for 2 year contract same as Conacher and Dumont. With Sergachev (if we give him the slow route) and Hajek turning pro next season and Masin already in Syracuse. We might just be figuring out the term ... not enough ice time for everyone if Sergachev goes the AHL route.

I'd give Taormina two years, we have no other offensive LD on the way. I can't see Sergachev seeing the AHL unless Koekkoek and Dotchin become legit top 4 defenders next year and we can slow his need. I would think finding another LD for Syracuse would be pretty easy, with all the forwards coming in Walcott shouldn't be needed at forward which should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad