Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bob Mac's WJC tweets:

@usahockey to announce at 11 am ET 3G, 10D,17F invited to final nat'l jr team camp for WJC. Coach is Rockford (AHL) asst Mark Osiecki.
Anthony DeAngelo (TB/Sarnia) invited to try out. Ditto 2015 draftees Noah Hanfin (BC) & Zach Werenski (UMich). None were at US summer camp.
U.S. talented, deep, young at C: Jack Eichel (2015 draft), Auston Matthews (2016), Dylan Larkin (DET/Mich), JT Compher (BUF/Mich) lead way.
Team CAN has zero NCAA players. Team USA will have some CHLers. Likely: Erne (TB/Quebec); Milano (CBJ/Plymouth); DeLeo (WPG/Portland)...
..McCarron (MTL/London); Cassels (VAN/Oshawa); Carlo (2015/Tri City); DeAngelo (TB/Sarnia); Nedeljkovic (CAR/Plymouth); Halverson (NYR/SSM)
Also, Justin Bailey (BUF/Kitchener) a consideration. We'll see how many from that group/others invited. CAN plays USA at 4 pm ET on Dec. 31.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Gonna be an incredibly busy off-season for Yzerman:

NHL Players under RFA needing new contract:
- Connolly
- Namestnikov
- Sustr
- Barberio

AHL (Fringe NHL Players) Needing New RFA Contract (likely to get one):
- Witkowski
- Marchessault
- Kunyk
- Paridis
- Dalton Smith

NCAA Players Needing New Contract (likely to get one):
- Wilcox
- Peca
- O'Donnell
- Mullin

Just signed DeAngelo - left unsigned w/AHL eligbility: Masin.

AHL Players UFA Needing New contract (likely to get one):
- Cote
- Angelidis

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

- Connolly
- Namestnikov
- Sustr
- Barberio

- Witkowski
- Marchessault
- Kunyk
- Paridis
- Dalton Smith

- Wilcox
- Peca
- O'Donnell
- Mullin

- Cote
- Angelidis

Eh, most of that stuff is pretty easy. There's only one thing that I worry about this offseason.

Re-signing Stamkos.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
(Yanni Gourde) who is this guy?

LINK
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — The American Hockey League announced today that Syracuse Crunch left wing Yanni Gourde has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November.

Gourde tallied nine goals and nine assists for 18 points along with a plus-13 rating in 13 games for the Crunch during November.

In recognition of his achievement, Gourde will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Crunch home game.

Last edited by a moderator:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

- Connolly
- Namestnikov
- Sustr
- Barberio

- Witkowski
- Marchessault
- Kunyk
- Paridis
- Dalton Smith

- Wilcox
- Peca
- O'Donnell
- Mullin

- Cote
- Angelidis

Pretty much all of that is done in Yzerman's sleep. And there are a few players on that list that won't be back.

The biggest thing to me is how Wilcox is handled. I'm hoping one of the two in Syracuse right now is up with TB next year and Wilcox signs and is the second guy in Syracuse, but he might want a solidified shot somewhere.

Other than that I could do the work for Yzerman on all that stuff haha.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Pretty much all of that is done in Yzerman's sleep. And there are a few players on that list that won't be back.

The biggest thing to me is how Wilcox is handled. I'm hoping one of the two in Syracuse right now is up with TB next year and Wilcox signs and is the second guy in Syracuse, but he might want a solidified shot somewhere.

Other than that I could do the work for Yzerman on all that stuff haha.

Which players on the list you think won't be back?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Which players on the list you think won't be back?

We are gonna have an influx of talent to the ahl next year, Deangelo, Masin, Peca, Erne just to name a few. A few of those career AHLers won't be back. Names like Paradis and Cote. I would be surprised.

Wilcox I mentioned.

Mullin is interesting because he's been injured. Obviously want to keep him. Dalton Smith might be out due to numbers game.

And then if you really wanna get fun, I would say it's a greater than 50% chance Barberio isn't on the team anymore and possibly Connolly as well. Depends on trades obviously. If they are there to sign when it comes time obviously you wouldn't let them go for nothing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We are gonna have an influx of talent to the ahl next year, Deangelo, Masin, Peca, Erne just to name a few. A few of those career AHLers won't be back. Names like Paradis and Cote. I would be surprised.

Wilcox I mentioned.

Mullin is interesting because he's been injured. Obviously want to keep him. Dalton Smith might be out due to numbers game.

And then if you really wanna get fun, I would say it's a greater than 50% chance Barberio isn't on the team anymore and possibly Connolly as well. Depends on trades obviously. If they are there to sign when it comes time obviously you wouldn't let them go for nothing.

I think that's interesting too because it does look like Yzerman is making sure he has room to move trade-wise. And some of his recent comments lead me to believe he's in the market for something.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like Darcy is done in CB after a brutal start.

What happened with him? 1 goal?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Wilcox I mentioned.

This is a fun conversation for me. With that said:

DeAngelo gets a spot automatically on right side. He probably takes Witkowski's roster spot who is either promoted to 7D or not-resigned. Or we assign Dotchin to ECHL duties. Blujus roster spot is pretty safe. Our right side next year in Syracuse looks like this:

Koekkoek - Blujus
Masin - DeAngelo
Nesterov - Dotchin
Cote

Gone are Corrente/Mormina.

Lightning could possibly look like this:

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison/Gudas
Carle/Sustr
Barberio/Witkowski

(carrying 8D and 13F like we did this year)

Masin's roster spot is secured when Mormina is not re-signed. This puts Cote as 7D in next year's Syracuse roster...we'll be really young next year and we'll need Cote's veteran presence and physicality when needed.

Erne and Peca are secured in top six roles next year. This drives two players off the roster. Those two players are probably going to take Samson and Lynch's spot. Lynch will be either demoted back to ECHL or let go. Both their contracts run out this off-season. Paradis is not a career AHL'r he is very young - 23 and playing really well.

Dalton Smith can keep a roster spot...he is also 23 and serves a bottom six forward role. Blunden's spot in the roster is up for grabs who is 27 and we'll need a roster spot for O'Donnell. I think O'Donnell takes Blunden's spot whose contract runs out and is UFA.

My take is Barberio isn't going anywhere. He has made HUGE strides this season and is playing very well. Not showing up on the scoresheet yet but he is playing very well and nowhere near the dumpster fire he was last year. Barberio has adapted well to the 7D position this year - he can play both the left side and right side (though he plays the left side much better than the right side), and is very valuable to our depth since Koekkoek is nowhere near ready yet. Barberio and Sustr both probably get either 1 or 2 year contracts - just my take on the situation since both are cheap and serve bottom pairing depth roles right now.

With the demotion of Namestnikov - don't see Connolly going anywhere. Vladdy will be in and out of the lineup for two years until Yzerman can move Filp on the last year of his contract. We don't have any other Forward depth this year at the Crunch ready to make the jump - Paquette/Vladdy were really the last ones NHL ready. Vladdy is possibly the last call-up - people can make an argument for Marchessault but nowhere near Vladdy's caliber player. Winger depth right now who keep their roster spots Gourde/Vermin/Ikonen who are all really young, talented but not NHL ready at all.

Trades are so .... impossible to determine. So when discussing I like talking about contracts and NHL readiness which is much more stable to predict roster slots and organizational depth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Wilcox I mentioned.

I can't see us not bringing back one of if not both Paradis and Smith. We have no toughness up front besides them and they both have added much needed offense. They are the closest thing we have to true 4th liners, Paquette/Boyle/Brown aren't fighters. Not saying I want goons on the team but they have shown they can be more then that.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I wanted the Remparts to acquire Darcy at the beginning of the season as I was seeing him as one of the best overager in the league. Something's definitely wrong with Cape Breton. They were supposed to be a force in the league this season...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I wanted the Remparts to acquire Darcy at the beginning of the season as I was seeing him as one of the best overager in the league. Something's definitely wrong with Cape Breton. They were supposed to be a force in the league this season...

Somebody on the Remparts QMJHL thread stated Erne is playing RW? Can you confirm? Is he playing #1 PP and PK?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

DeAngelo gets a spot automatically on right side. He probably takes Witkowski's roster spot who is either promoted to 7D or not-resigned. Or we assign Dotchin to ECHL duties. Blujus roster spot is pretty safe. Our right side next year in Syracuse looks like this:

Koekkoek - Blujus
Masin - DeAngelo
Nesterov - Dotchin
Cote

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison/Gudas
Carle/Sustr
Barberio/Witkowski

Masin's roster spot is secured when Mormina is not re-signed. This puts Cote as 7D in next year's Syracuse roster...we'll be really young next year and we'll need Cote's veteran presence and physicality when needed.

Erne and Peca are secured in top six roles next year. This drives two players off the roster. Those two players are probably going to take Samson and Lynch's spot. Lynch will be either demoted back to ECHL or let go. Both their contracts run out this off-season. Paradis is not a career AHL'r he is very young - 23 and playing really well.

Dalton Smith can keep a roster spot...he is also 23 and serves a bottom six forward role. Blunden's spot in the roster is up for grabs who is 27 and we'll need a roster spot for O'Donnell. I think O'Donnell takes Blunden's spot whose contract runs out and is UFA.

My take is Barberio isn't going anywhere. He has made HUGE strides this season and is playing very well. Not showing up on the scoresheet yet but he is playing very well and nowhere near the dumpster fire he was last year. Barberio has adapted well to the 7D position this year - he can play both the left side and right side (though he plays the left side much better than the right side), and is very valuable to our depth since Koekkoek is nowhere near ready yet. Barberio and Sustr both probably get either 1 or 2 year contracts - just my take on the situation since both are cheap and serve bottom pairing depth roles right now.

With the demotion of Namestnikov - don't see Connolly going anywhere. Vladdy will be in and out of the lineup for two years until Yzerman can move Filp on the last year of his contract. We don't have any other Forward depth this year at the Crunch ready to make the jump - Paquette/Vladdy were really the last ones NHL ready. Vladdy is possibly the last call-up - people can make an argument for Marchessault but nowhere near Vladdy's caliber player. Winger depth right now who keep their roster spots Gourde/Vermin/Ikonen who are all really young, talented but not NHL ready at all.

Trades are so .... impossible to determine. So when discussing I like talking about contracts and NHL readiness which is much more stable to predict roster slots and organizational depth.

Great post. I don't really disagree with any of it. My stance is most of the guys I mentioned are "easily replaceable" guys you can find available. So it was more so a SY might look to upgrade some more, rather than resign type thing.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think there's a good chance Point makes the team, Canada's coach is really high on him from what I heard in a recent radio interview.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I think there's a good chance Point makes the team, Canada's coach is really high on him from what I heard in a recent radio interview.

Point can play the wing and Center positions - good flexibility to add to the Canada team. If the kid can hit the weights...he has excellent hands and pretty pin point accuracy on the wristers from below the dots. Hidden gem...right there. Saw him up close during the off-season workouts at Brandon ... really terrific hands and accuracy with a quick release. This impressed me the most.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Koekkoek - Blujus
Masin - DeAngelo
Nesterov - Dotchin
Cote

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison/Gudas
Carle/Sustr
Barberio/Witkowski

Re: Barbs, is it just me or does he look a lot better on the left side? I'm beginning to wonder how much of last year's struggles had to do with him playing on Brewer's right. He's looked far better on that side too this year, mind you, but I can't help but wonder if he's making strides because more often than not he had been filling in for Brewer on the left this year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Re: Barbs, is it just me or does he look a lot better on the left side? I'm beginning to wonder how much of last year's struggles had to do with him playing on Brewer's right. He's looked far better on that side too this year, mind you, but I can't help but wonder if he's making strides because more often than not he had been filling in for Brewer on the left this year.

I made the case for that last year here and Raw Charge. Barbs played left side in Syracuse.

However, my take is that he is taking an up close look at the simplicity in Stralman's game. You don't see Barbs panicking with the puck and he is making the simple play. He is not trying to be a playmaker out there and choosing his spots much better. During the game I confused the 8 for the 6 ... and thought simple, effective play must be Stralman. It was Barberio. Barbs has great pace & accuracy on his passing, keeps his head up, fast skater ... he just needed to settle down with the puck and there is nobody better to watch than Stralman's game for this.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Correct. He often takes the faceoffs though. He's sometimes used at the point on the PP.

Wow - thank you. If he is playing RW successfully ... that is Connolly's roster spot next year. Still think Erne will go to the AHL ... but makes things much more interesting since our left side is much more crowded than our right side.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Wow - thank you. If he is playing RW successfully ... that is Connolly's roster spot next year. Still think Erne will go to the AHL ... but makes things much more interesting since our left side is much more crowded than our right side.

I prefer seeing him on the right side. As a lefty, he can protect the puck better when he's skating towards the goalie coming from the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad