Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
London fans aren't terribly pleased with Domi's post WJC play.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
That's a concern to me. Domi needs to come and compete every game regardless if he has nothing left to prove in that league. Talented players have a tendency to play down to the competition when they have nothing to play for. He wears the C which magnifies it that much more.

Domi seems to play his best in big time(draft year/WJC) situations. Which is nice, but if you only do it in spurts you're more a second/third liner than a bonafide 1st liner. Dvorak and Marner have surpassed him on the depth chart in London it seems. Which may not be a bad thing because we already have Dvorak, and possibly Marner too. I still think he's going to be a good pro. Just would like to see him finish his junior career out strong.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I mean, hes at almost 2ppg playing with the leftovers of the London team, thats not THAT bad. Plus the London defense and goal tending is god awful

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
London fans aren't terribly pleased with Domi's post WJC play.

Pretty clear he's outgrown junior game. Didn't help they traded his center which makes London a one line team with a mediocre goalie.

It's a huge emotional drop going from WJC to junior. A drop in his play was to be expected.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
London Knights on NHL Network right now. Domi just scored.

Edit: Game isn't live, it's from last night.

Last edited:

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
2-2 in the dying seconds of the 1st. Rupert scores off assists from Domi and Jamieson. Beautiful passing play.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We now have 3 centres that were picked in the 2nd round in 2014. We also have one from the 2nd round in 2013. All are performing up to or above expectations. I feel pretty comfortable that we can get a 2 line C and a 3rd line C out of that group of 4.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There are 5 Coyotes in the top 50 of OHL scoring: Dvorak, Domi, Bunting, MacInnis, and Perlini. And likely 6 if you include 1 of McDavid, Marner, or Strome.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I bought FW2015. I suggest you do as well, it's $2.40 for a digital copy, if you have any interest in prospects.

The Coyotes have 4 in the top 50
5. Domi (ahead of Mantha)
17. Duclair (ahead of Fabbri)
34. Perlini (ahead of Kapanen)
48. Dvorak (ahead of Pulkkinen, just behind Petan)

On the handicapped draft rankings (since 2011), AZ ranks 11th. Detroit and Anaheim are 1/2.

There are quotes in there from Don on Gormley and Samuelsson. The GMs rank their own teams, and those two are 4/5.

The Coyotes are 12th OA. Adding Duclair, plus this upcoming draft, should make for a bright future. The Yandle trade wasn't factored into this issue.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Bought it as well. Detroit has 5 of the top 50, but Arizona and Winnipeg were next up with 4 each. Colorado, Florida, San Jose, and NYR (minus Duclair) are not in the Top 50.

Seems like a pretty comprehensive issue, although I have always wondered why THN doesn't hold off a few weeks to put it out. Why not delay it until after the trade deadline?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bought it as well. Detroit has 5 of the top 50, but Arizona and Winnipeg were next up with 4 each. Colorado, Florida, San Jose, and NYR (minus Duclair) are not in the Top 50.

Seems like a pretty comprehensive issue, although I have always wondered why THN doesn't hold off a few weeks to put it out. Why not delay it until after the trade deadline?

I would have preferred to have it two weeks ago so when the deals happen I'm able to look up B rated prospects.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Bunting has 34 goals in 50 games, which seems pretty impressive. Averaging a higher gpg that Perlini or Dvorak.

He actually has the most goals of anyone in the SSM lineup, in less games than most to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad